Forums46
Topics538,026
Posts9,732,094
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6967778 11/21/17 02:07 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Frustrating when he doesn't do and say what you want him to? Get used to it.

Why do you have to see every post I make through a personal lens? It’s not about what I want or don’t want.
It’s about doing the right thing, doing what he said he was going to do, and standing up for what’s right. I guess you agree that elephant hunting should be abolished and just let the poachers wipe them out so the tree-huggers will be happy? confused2

I think your assuming a lot. It's not personal. You criticized the president and I replied to your post.

It's easy to bash and criticize after each statement or tweet. That is the M.O. of democrats and liberals instead of actually offering positive input to the subject at hand. Of course I don't agree with your question and neither does president Trump. It's hard for me to take you serious when you start speaking of what a conservative would or should do when you are a liberal democrat.

But please enlighten me.........what would you do if you were president?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6967786 11/21/17 02:15 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I would lift the ban and tweet the facts, namely that hunters’ dollars save way more elephants than they take away. Cite $$$ that go to conservation/anti-poaching and Kenya example.

Because those are the facts.

And it’s hard for me to take you serious when you can’t respond to a post of mine without name-calling. And untrue name-calling at that. You are the one taking the liberal position in this conversation.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6967820 11/21/17 02:34 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Hint: Liberal tree-huggers call legitimate elephant hunting a “horror show”, not conservatives who know and support hunting.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6967849 11/21/17 02:52 PM
R
Red Cloud Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
"Nobody ever mentions how elephant numbers plummeted after ALL hunting was banned in Kenya in the early 70s. Another liberal policy that got it wrong, but no one ever looks back.'

[/b]Those who choose to ignore history are destined to repeat it.
[b][b]And their ignorance impacts us all
.[/b]

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6967988 11/21/17 04:30 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I would lift the ban and tweet the facts, namely that hunters’ dollars save way more elephants than they take away. Cite $$$ that go to conservation/anti-poaching and Kenya example.

And it’s hard for me to take you serious when you can’t respond to a post of mine without name-calling. And untrue name-calling at that. You are the one taking the liberal position in this conversation.

I'm confused. Name calling? Are you referring to me calling you a liberal democrat? Have you changed party affiliation lately or is it the liberal I put in front of democrat? The way your party or the former conducts itself it's very hard to refer to one without the other. I was not trying to name call, just odd reading your statement of what a true conservative should say or do.

You made the decision to post about politics so you shouldn't take it as personal when your questioned or someone comments on it.

I like your suggestion, maybe he would too. up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6968020 11/21/17 04:49 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You would get eaten alive. The elephant ban only States Zimbabwe and Zambia both countries that failed to show conservations plans or trickle down to elephant conservation .

Those are facts. The facts you talk too only pertain to countries that aren’t on the ban list.

Now the question should be if those two countries are in process to show or provide a sustainability plan for elephants.

I believe they do, but if we are going to battle public opinion it better be well thought out in a true conservation thought process that backs up sustainability

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968058 11/21/17 05:24 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Well, OK then. The tree huggers are right. Banning sport hunting of elephants and taking hunters completely out of the process ($$ and a seat at the table) is the way to go. rolleyes

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6968064 11/21/17 05:30 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

I'm confused. Name calling? Are you referring to me calling you a liberal democrat? Have you changed party affiliation lately or is it the liberal I put in front of democrat? The way your party or the former conducts itself it's very hard to refer to one without the other. I was not trying to name call, just odd reading your statement of what a true conservative should say or do.

You made the decision to post about politics so you shouldn't take it as personal when your questioned or someone comments on it.

Whatever. I can’t respond much beyond what I have lest feelings get hurt. Kinda confusing that you like what I have to say but still want to fuss about the subject. Again, whatever. confused2

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6968069 11/21/17 05:36 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Well, OK then. The tree huggers are right. Banning sport hunting of elephants and taking hunters completely out of the process ($$ and a seat at the table) is the way to go. rolleyes

Please show me where I said that?

Also please show me and everyone else why the ban was put into place for just and only those two countries and not the entire continent? Let’s hear the facts...........

Rolleyes? So much for a mature dialogue

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6968079 11/21/17 05:41 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Also please show me and everyone else why the ban was put into place for just and only those two countries and not the entire continent? Let’s hear the facts...........

You said my position would get “eaten alive”. I guess you like Trump’s position calling sport hunting a “horror show” better.
Not going down the rabbit hole with you anymore BOBO.

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6968119 11/21/17 06:11 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Whatever. I can’t respond much beyond what I have lest feelings get hurt. Kinda confusing that you like what I have to say but still want to fuss about the subject. Again, whatever. confused2

The fussing was started by you when you wanted to play the victim role. No where can you show me in this thread fussing about this topic. I simply called you out criticizing the president for not being conservative enough. Knowing that your a Democrat, criticizing instead of positive input didn't seem odd but telling the president how to be conservative did.

Disappointed that I didn't play along with you being the victim of personal attacks every time you post?

There is nothing confusing here, frustrating maybe but not confusing. Your just disappointed I found dialogue to agree with you on instead of attacking you so you could play the victim of personal attacks. Grow up man.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968126 11/21/17 06:19 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I don’t “play the victim”. I don’t care what you think of me. I simply point out that you immediately resort to the ad hominem because that’s all you’ve got. Your posts on here are stark proof. You don’t even disagree with me on the subject but are still mouthing to no purposeful end.

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6968135 11/21/17 06:26 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You said my position would get “eaten alive”. I guess you like Trump’s position calling sport hunting a “horror show” better.
Not going down the rabbit hole with you anymore BOBO.

Facts aren’t rabbit holes, your statement would get eaten alive since it’s fundamentals go against the very reason the ban only exists for those two countries. You can’t agrue hunting is conservation when the counties in question had a ban put in place because they couldn’t show a conservation plan.

This concept is alive and well state side ask Wyoming about wolf management

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6968139 11/21/17 06:29 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I don’t “play the victim”. I don’t care what you think of me. I simply point out that you immediately resort to the ad hominem because that’s all you’ve got. Your posts on here are stark proof. You don’t even disagree with me on the subject but are still mouthing to no purposeful end.

You are over matched that's all......when you are called out on facts you resort to "whatever". You've probably used your lame ad hominen rebuttal at least 100 times....when that's all you got and the victim role isn't working for you.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968146 11/21/17 06:32 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I know the game boys, and I ain’t playing this time.

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968159 11/21/17 06:37 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Good run along now......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968181 11/21/17 06:50 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The "facts" are that nobody can really predict what will happen if the ban is cancelled or rescinded. The poachers are as unpredictable as West Texas weather, and the local governments in that area are twice as unpredictable.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968182 11/21/17 06:50 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
My opinion is if trump lifts the ban with out those two countries having sound conservation plans in place will do Africa and hunters in general a disservice

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968192 11/21/17 06:56 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I agree and probably why he withdrew it and wanted to study the facts on the ground more.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6968200 11/21/17 07:03 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
That would be my thought process, this way if those countries get plans in place..... he once again negotiated a deal.

With that said Rhodesia will still no longer exist so I’m not holding my breath on a real conservation plan.

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968393 11/21/17 09:41 PM
B
BassBuster1 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
I would love to sit around a camp fire with BTC, PP, and NP just so I could listen to the arguments that would ensue, sheer entertainment!!

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6968418 11/21/17 10:00 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Lol. It would probably not be nearly as fun as on here. Amazing how folks with so much in common can fuss so much. smile

I don’t feel like a radical. I liked Trump’s initial decision. I didn’t like the cave to the tree-huggers. I sure don’t like the president sounding like one. confused2

Simple as that.

Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: Palehorse] #6970057 11/23/17 02:51 AM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
A lot of decisions up there I don't like. Not repealing the health care rip off, ineffective tax relief they are trying to pass off, the list goes on. This is just another example how Trump runs his mouth with out knowing what the heck he is talking about. He may want the right things but he doesn't have the experience or leverage to work the system. Personally I don't understand why a person would want to hunt an elephant. However I would much rather rich folks had their ivory displayed in their trophy rooms than some little Asian person using it for the most ignorant thing I've ever heard of.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Trump to lift ban on importing elephant trophies from Africa [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6970214 11/23/17 09:22 AM
machine73 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
With that said Rhodesia will still no longer exist so I’m not holding my breath on a real conservation plan.

Well said.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide