So my 17th wedding anniversary is this weekend. Today my wife found out her mom fell, thought to have broken a hip and ended having to go to the hospital. Mother in law is fine - no broken bones, just dehydrated, bruised and embarrassed - but they're keeping her in the hospital for a few days for observation. Needless to say, my wife took across three states to be with her mom in recovery and back home on Monday.
1. My initial reaction was for the welfare of my mother in law - check all good!
2. Realizing that I will be without the misses for the first time on our anniversary - bummer
3. Next realization, she'll be gone all weekend! bummer again
4. Rut is firing up in Montague - hmmm this is starting to work in my favor!
5. Hunting all weekend without distraction - best anniversary gift ever!
Am I wrong, what says the masses?