So I get the rifle in from Whittakers a couple of days ago, and yesterday I went ahead and applied the Dyna Bore Coat treatment to it since I use it on all of my rifles. I let it cure overnight. Lightened the trigger a smidge, and mounted the SWFA SS 3-9x42 MQ in Tikka Warne's and headed to the range today. Results are with Hornady Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X factory rounds. Quick, short summary......
1. Bore sighted the old fashioned way....remove bolt and look down tube at 25yd target. Adjust accordingly
2. Fired first sighter, moved crosshairs to intersect the POA, fired another, result was close to bull. Moved to 100yds
3. The first pic is the 3, 3shot groups that I fired. Far left was furst 3 shot group at 100. Went into .657
4. Dialed down .4mils (IIRC)-- Middle group is 2nd group fired at 100 yds. Went into .521
5. Dialed down .2mils--Right target is 3rd group fired at 100 yds. Went into .238.....RIDICULOUS!
6. Wind started howling so I went back to work. Will chrono shortly, and see if this nonsense can be repeated.