6060071 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6938280 - 10/29/17 07:07 PM No alcohol
bill oxner Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Katy-Fulshear
Do you still see leases that do not allow alcohol?

#6938332 - 10/29/17 07:27 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
Mickey Moose Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Yes.

* In search of 1 or 2 person lease, 3 hours from Plano, Please PM me

#6938479 - 10/29/17 08:41 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
Brother Phil Offline
Woodsman

This is quite common. Often it is per the landowner. Some leases promote a family atmosphere, where the ladies and kids are welcome. I was on a lease some time ago that allowed alcohol, and guest(s). Some members really abused the privilege. The lease manager finally had enough, and it was changed to no alcohol, no guests. Overall, I support the concept. However, I have no issue with the type of member that may want to drink a beer by the fire, after the hunt, and not get drunk.

#6938541 - 10/29/17 09:03 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: Brother Phil]
rexmitchell Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: Brother Phil
This is quite common. Often it is per the landowner. Some leases promote a family atmosphere, where the ladies and kids are welcome. I was on a lease some time ago that allowed alcohol, and guest(s). Some members really abused the privilege. The lease manager finally had enough, and it was changed to no alcohol, no guests. Overall, I support the concept. However, I have no issue with the type of member that may want to drink a beer by the fire, after the hunt, and not get drunk.

I've never understood why you wouldn't just get rid of the problem members instead of creating a rule that impacts everyone? If someone is acting stupid, get rid of them instead of punishing everyone else.

#6938626 - 10/29/17 09:50 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: rexmitchell]
MClark Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
Originally Posted By: Brother Phil

I've never understood why you wouldn't just get rid of the problem members instead of creating a rule that impacts everyone? If someone is acting stupid, get rid of them instead of punishing everyone else.

1+
If a person cannot control themselves and not get drunk and disorderly they will likely be doing undesirable things when the alcohol is removed.

M

#6938790 - 10/29/17 11:38 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: MClark]
FordEvangelist Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: The Colony
Originally Posted By: MClark

1+
If a person cannot control themselves and not get drunk and disorderly they will likely be doing undesirable things when the alcohol is removed.

M

Are you really saying that a person who got drunk (and disorderly but not sure what you mean by that) is likely to be a bad person when they are sober?

#6938793 - 10/29/17 11:44 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
TXHOGSLAYER Online   content
goatboy

Loc: Katy, TX
Mine doesn't but I don't drink while hunting, unless it's Dove.

#6938803 - 10/29/17 11:47 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: rexmitchell]
txshntr Online   content
T-Rex Arms

Loc: Mansfield, Texas
Originally Posted By: FordEvangelist

1+

M

Are you really saying that a person who got drunk (and disorderly but not sure what you mean by that) is likely to be a bad person when they are sober?

If they get drunk and act the fool when they are drunk, it doesn't mean they are a bad sober person...but they aren't someone I want running around a deer lease.

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell

I agree with this 100%.

#6938825 - 10/30/17 12:09 AM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
MClark Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Arizona
I'm saying if they get drunk and do stupid things they make bad decisions sober, like getting drunk. It's unlikely this is the first drunk and stupid, they know what they do and choose to do it repeatedly.
I don't want them around.

#6938861 - 10/30/17 03:49 AM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
Old Stony Online   content
Woodsman

Loc: East of Dallas
I have nothing against a few guys drinking a few beers around the fire at night...but during the day when they and others are hunting is just no good. I've seen the stupidity in the past and just don't want to be around it anymore.

#6939059 - 10/30/17 08:29 AM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker

We'll drink a few beers at night by the fire or while we cook. There is only 8 of us that all know each other well and are very respectful to the lease and each other. We won't get drunk, but there is an occasion or two we've started to get a little rowdy over a poker game or college football game whilst cooking or so. That early morning comes fast so we always come to a stopping point before it gets too late. No one goes out in any vehicle though to goof off at night during season. That's one solid rule. During the day we'll drink a beer or two when we get out of the stand cooking lunch or helping skin a deer/hog.

#6939113 - 10/30/17 08:51 AM Re: No alcohol [Re: MClark]
FordEvangelist Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: The Colony
I'm saying if they get drunk and do stupid things they make bad decisions sober, like getting drunk. It's unlikely this is the first drunk and stupid, they know what they do and choose to do it repeatedly.
I don't want them around.

Ah, ok - you're tying getting drunk with doing stupid things. Fair enough. Some are childish no doubt.

While we're generalizing... I've seen sober, tea-totaling a-holes hunt other people's stands and take game illegally... does that mean all non-drinkers are bad hunters? These are usually the same people that like to get on HOA boards or into lease management so they can generate some false sense of superiority and power.

For the record, no, I do not drink while hunting.

Edited by FordEvangelist (10/30/17 08:52 AM)

#6939375 - 10/30/17 11:03 AM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
TexasKC Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Houston & Lexington, Texas
I was on a lease in Llano where drinking was allowed. The land owner was a very laid back guy and he allowed it but would have preferred that we not drink. I'm not a drinker so I got along with him very well. Long story short, one guy who had to have his beer went to fill feeders one summer, got drunk and belligerent and mouthed off to the rancher. Seven years of hard work went down the drain. The rancher was so mad that all 6 of us got booted from the property because of that one idiot. I would never again get on a lease that allows alcohol of any kind.

#6939725 - 10/30/17 02:50 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Dollas,Taxes Bluff Dale Tx
I've been on a few leases. Hunted friends property. Hunted our property, and still do. Never had a problem with guys getting drunk and doing stupid stuff. Its never happened confused2

Edited by Erathkid (10/30/17 02:52 PM)

#6940061 - 10/30/17 07:27 PM Re: No alcohol [Re: bill oxner]
brokenpole Offline
Bird Dog

So I can’t drink a fifth of whiskey and just go to bed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide