6037716 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6926190 - 10/19/17 03:39 PM Low "T"?
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Over yonder.....
Hoax, scam, or for real? What says the THF? Keep it kid friendly and out of the bunker... confused2 popcorn

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#6926236 - 10/19/17 04:17 PM Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
I couldn’t say. I haven’t done the research.

However, my thinking is that people are trying to avoid something that is natural and supposed to happen. We may not like it, but that’s the way it works. Messing with things that naturally happen to our bodies seems like a bad idea to me. There’s plenty of natural ways to keep your testosterone from declining too rapidly. I would explore those options first.

#6926243 - 10/19/17 04:29 PM Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler]
Cajun Raider Offline
Tracker

Loc: Texas
Sneaky, that's what I keep telling my wife! By the way, our best friends are from Winters.

#6926327 - 10/19/17 06:22 PM Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler]
TKM Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Bedford, Tx.
Not a hoax or scam at all. For some, it is genetics, for others they don't eat right, and there are those that have a disease or other issue that affects testosterone levels. Tried all the patches, gels, etc. Started on the bi-weekly injections and only regret I have is not doing it sooner. At 57 and 275 lbs I pay more attention to proteins and carbs, consume less sugar, eat less fast food. Try to hit the gym at least twice a week, sometimes 3 or 4 times depending on how I feel which is usually dictated by how much of, and quality of sleep.

#6926634 - 10/20/17 06:39 AM Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
It's real. Lots of Firemen are on therapy. The reason ours drops prematurely is due to lack of sleep, and constant interrupted sleep.

Set the jokes aside, we have heart attacks and strokes in our 30's, 40's, and 50's also due to terrible sleep patterns, that are involuntary.

800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#6926730 - 10/20/17 08:12 AM Re: Low "T"? [Re: TKM]
H2O Seeker Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Denison, TX. / Texoma
Originally Posted By: TKM
Not a hoax or scam at all. For some, it is genetics, for others they don't eat right, and there are those that have a disease or other issue that affects testosterone levels. Tried all the patches, gels, etc. Started on the bi-weekly injections and only regret I have is not doing it sooner. At 57 and 275 lbs I pay more attention to proteins and carbs, consume less sugar, eat less fast food. Try to hit the gym at least twice a week, sometimes 3 or 4 times depending on how I feel which is usually dictated by how much of, and quality of sleep.

^^^This. Poor nutrition, lack of sleep, and inactivity with sedentary lifestyles and of course genetics all contribute. Pharma is making big jack on this too but it's a natural part of aging.

#6926808 - 10/20/17 09:00 AM Re: Low "T"? [Re: FiremanJG]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
It's real. Lots of Firemen are on therapy. The reason ours drops prematurely is due to lack of sleep, and constant interrupted sleep.

Set the jokes aside, we have heart attacks and strokes in our 30's, 40's, and 50's also due to terrible sleep patterns, that are involuntary.

Sounds like the life of a parent.

I tend to think its more people wanting to be something they aren't anymore and for many it serves the purpose of the little blue pill without admitting they need/want the little blue pill. I have no first hand, never done any of it never will.

#6926816 - 10/20/17 09:06 AM Re: Low "T"? [Re: FiremanJG]
scalebuster Offline
Veteran Tracker

I thought all firemen did all day was cook, lift weights, and wash trucks.

#6926821 - 10/20/17 09:07 AM Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler]
Creekrunner Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Some young guys commenting on this thread. Never say never. And that's all I have to say about that! grin
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

#6926825 - 10/20/17 09:08 AM Re: Low "T"? [Re: redchevy]
Ojai Hunter Offline
Woodsman

Originally Posted By: redchevy

I tend to think its more people wanting to be something they aren't anymore and for many it serves the purpose of the little blue pill without admitting they need/want the little blue pill. I have no first hand, never done any of it never will.

How in the world does Testosterone substitute for a blue pill? Testosterone has nothing to do with the ability to have an erection.

#6926850 - 10/20/17 09:28 AM Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

I just see the advertisements on tv all the time about "oh and she'll like it too" wink wink and "make you the man you used to be" bring back and increase "passion" lol and the list goes on, if its not an effect of it they sure are trying to advertise that it is.

#6927057 - 10/20/17 12:22 PM Re: Low "T"? [Re: redchevy]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Life of a parent for a child that never grows up. So you're saying there's no case for lack of sleep, low testosterone, stress and heart attacks among U.S. Firemen? Be sure and tell that to the 100 families that have to endure those deaths every year.

800 Yard Steel Range

#6927058 - 10/20/17 12:24 PM Re: Low "T"? [Re: scalebuster]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: scalebuster

I thought all firemen did all day was cook, lift weights, and wash trucks.

You thought wrong.

800 Yard Steel Range

#6927059 - 10/20/17 12:26 PM Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Nope, life of a parent was pretty much the only thing there towards your comment, the rest is just my general thoughts of it.

#6927060 - 10/20/17 12:27 PM Re: Low "T"? [Re: redchevy]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

I just see the advertisements on tv all the time about "oh and she'll like it too" wink wink and "make you the man you used to be" bring back and increase "passion" lol and the list goes on, if its not an effect of it they sure are trying to advertise that it is.

Those are for erectile dysfunction meds, not testosterone. Testosterone is a vital hormone that seriously aids in body repair and rebuild. Thus making it very important for recovery, and heart health. I think you stuck your foot in your mouth on this one. wink

800 Yard Steel Range

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide