Print Thread
bulls #6924622 10/18/17 02:07 PM
E
ELKMTB Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
E
We're on a new lease where a couple of bulls have been acting semi aggressive towards people and even vehicles. Will this calm down after breeding is done? I have caught several on my game cam breeding in the background. One is an older bull that looks like he is on steriods-walks around screaming his head off all day. The other is a younger bull. not sure if they are feuding.

Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6924647 10/18/17 02:36 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Be careful where you clean your deer. I had a deer hanging in a mesquite tree in the pasture when the bulls got wind and surrounded me. I spent 4 hours in the tree before my buddy came out and backed his truck up so i could jump onto it. Then we backed up to the deer and cut it down. Those bulls made all kinds of noise and followed us until we crossed the cattle guard. Never had that happen before.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6924651 10/18/17 02:38 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I was on a deer lease that had a bull that everyone knew not to go around him. He was very aggressive, and this was year round. Once he occupied your hunting area, it was near impossible to get him to leave. One of the hunters (who I did not like), bought a high end pellet gun, and he would shoot this bull in the nuts and it would take multiple shots to get him to leave. As funny as it was, I don't know if it harmed him or not.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: bulls [Re: ChadTRG42] #6924688 10/18/17 03:01 PM
E
ELKMTB Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
E
Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
I was on a deer lease that had a bull that everyone knew not to go around him. He was very aggressive, and this was year round. Once he occupied your hunting area, it was near impossible to get him to leave. One of the hunters (who I did not like), bought a high end pellet gun, and he would shoot this bull in the nuts and it would take multiple shots to get him to leave. As funny as it was, I don't know if it harmed him or not.

i'm sure that did not help his disposition-lol

Re: bulls [Re: ChadTRG42] #6924689 10/18/17 03:02 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
From a ranchers perspective, shooting a bull in the nuts, or anywhere else with a pellet gun, would get you thrown off my place. But from a hunters perspective I understand the problem cattle can cause. We always do our best to keep them in a pasture not being hunted.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6924702 10/18/17 03:17 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: ELKMTB

No joke, no wonder he was such a problem. Playing a dangerous game doing that too. Make that bull sterile and I bet it wouldn't take long to find a pellet in his nuts.

Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6924713 10/18/17 03:28 PM
D
D Rogers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

roflmao

~Dustin

"Life's complicated, man, like a dang ol' Rubik's cube, man. Talkin' 'bout blue and red, man. Dang ol' get one side, dang ol' messed up th' other side, man."

-Boomhauer
Re: bulls [Re: dkershen] #6924715 10/18/17 03:29 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: dkershen
From a ranchers perspective, shooting a bull in the nuts, or anywhere else with a pellet gun, would get you thrown off my place. But from a hunters perspective I understand the problem cattle can cause. We always do our best to keep them in a pasture not being hunted.

Yes, and I agree. It was not something I would do. The guy doing this was an a$$ anyway. The rancher on that lease was also a problem, so there were some ill feelings there. It was a great lease for me, but I left after that year.

And I've never seen a more aggressive bull. If you drove through his area on a 4 wheeler, you could count on getting chased or the bull coming at you. I was going through an area that was really thick and rough (had to go slow), and this bull was in there. He charged us while we were riding 2 people on my little 160 CC 4 wheeler and came close to getting us. That bull freaked us out more than once!

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6924941 10/18/17 06:31 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I been chased a time or two in a field while hunting doves...funny but annoying at the same time. We hunted one field and that bull terrorized every one of my buddies. You can see them being chased all the way across the field...would give you a good laugh. Luckily, I have no cattle on my deer lease. Far from any ranches or pastures. All woods for miles!

Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6924951 10/18/17 06:46 PM
E
ELKMTB Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
E
Makes the walk to the stand in the morning a little more interesting

Do they chill out after all the cows are bred?

Last edited by ELKMTB; 10/18/17 06:48 PM.
Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6924988 10/18/17 07:36 PM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D

A little. But bad disposition, is bad disposition. Cows can be every bit as bad, especially with a new calf at their side. My rancher got blind side run over by a cow last week. She went to the meat packer the next day. I asked why he didn't just sell her at the sale barn as a bred cow... and he said he didn't want to be responsible for anyone else getting run over by that mean SOB.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6924992 10/18/17 07:41 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
They wont get less aggressive.... unless you start feeding them cubes... then they will just like you alot and follow you more... worse problem....

I hate hunting cattle properties.... i have some and shoot a few deer off them but if they wernt cheap they wouldnt be worth the trouble

Re: bulls [Re: hook_n_line] #6925037 10/18/17 08:30 PM
K
krmitchell Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
Be careful where you clean your deer. I had a deer hanging in a mesquite tree in the pasture when the bulls got wind and surrounded me. I spent 4 hours in the tree before my buddy came out and backed his truck up so i could jump onto it. Then we backed up to the deer and cut it down. Those bulls made all kinds of noise and followed us until we crossed the cattle guard. Never had that happen before.

I spent some time in my feeder pen for a similar experience. I was filling feeder though and had a cow come running at me. I jumped in the pen and after a half hour or so it finally left me alone.

Re: bulls [Re: ELKMTB] #6925156 10/18/17 10:25 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Makes the walk to the stand in the morning a little more interesting

cows have nothing to do with a bull's temperament bolt

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide