437782 Topics
6030193 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6923605 - 10/17/17 11:22 AM Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll
dkershen Offline

Loc: Denton/Argyle
So... I'm being told on another forum that East Texas doesn't have a crime problem related to hunting leases. Being the opened minded individual I am, I figure it's best to poll the collective knowledge of THF, to try and identify if any region is better/worse than the next.

Please vote on the poll ONLY if you or a family member have had issues with poaching, theft or vandalism on your lease. And pick the region you're located in. For arguments sake, anything south of I10 is South Texas. Anything East of I35 and north of I10 is East Texas. North of I20 and west of I35 is North Texas. South of I20 and west of I 35E is West Texas. Central Texas is whats left in the middle (south of Dallas/north of SA/west of Austin)
Hunting Lease Crime Poll
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 10/17/17 11:20 AM
View the results of this poll.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
www.NewHopeEquine.com

#6923612 - 10/17/17 11:26 AM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
Mickey Moose Online   content
Extreme Tracker

North Texas (my vote) coming out of the gate strong!

* In search of 1 or 2 person lease, 3 hours from Plano, Please PM me

#6923614 - 10/17/17 11:29 AM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: Mickey Moose]
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: South Denton County
Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

Word

#6923620 - 10/17/17 11:32 AM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: pegasaurus]
dkershen Offline

Loc: Denton/Argyle
Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

Word
Surprising. Let's see if it holds up.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
www.NewHopeEquine.com

#6923632 - 10/17/17 11:40 AM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
hook_n_line Online   content
Extreme Tracker

I've had issues in all regions I've been in. Not done much in west so I can't say. Caught poachers red handed on three occasions, one in Webb, one in Robertson and one in Trinity. Saw some guys take an Emu in Young county. grin Hard to decide which was worse.

Edited by hook_n_line (10/17/17 11:41 AM)

#6923636 - 10/17/17 11:43 AM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
Creekrunner Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
I haven't had any poaching problems anywhere, so I couldn't vote. But I have some limited experience with the area of "Deep East" Texas (San Augustine, etc.) with family property, calling on customers, etc., and anyone who thinks those folks have a normal, law-abiding approach to hunting is naive.
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

#6923643 - 10/17/17 11:49 AM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: Creekrunner]
rexmitchell Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
I haven't had any poaching problems anywhere, so I couldn't vote. But I have some limited experience with the area of "Deep East" Texas (San Augustine, etc.) with family property, calling on customers, etc., and anyone who thinks those folks have a normal, law-abiding approach to hunting is naive.

There seems to be a different set of rules over there. Specifically most people feel that no rules apply to them, in any situation.

#6923646 - 10/17/17 11:53 AM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
TexasKC Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Houston & Lexington, Texas
I quit hunting E. Texas years ago because of thieves and poaching but IMO nothing can compare to S. Texas as far as breaking and entering and stealing is concerned. Illegals dropped by and did $2800 worth of damage to our camper and hauled off literally everything they could carry

#6923647 - 10/17/17 11:56 AM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
Stickchunker Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Montgomery, Tx
I voted for East Texas, all though i no longer hunt there, (been in central Texas since '05) but my cousin and i had a place in Nac, we had someone DB come on our place from the back, and steal his climber while we were gone to town to eat lunch....he had just hunted out of that morning. Really the only place i've ever had problems with.

#6923652 - 10/17/17 12:02 PM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
fouzman Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Houston, TX
I had three Dominicans come walking into camp last Saturday night while I was outside cooking dinner. They wanted a vehicle and were being very aggressive, at first. I fed them, watered them, gave them bath towels and soap so they could bathe with a waster hose. Gave all three socks, underwear and a change of clothes. Gave them blankets and pillows so they could sleep under the palapa. All the while my wife and a 10 year old were locked in a back bedroom on the phone with Border Patrol. Took them 1.5 hours to get there due to a shift change and how remote we are, but when BP guys snuck up on the palapa, all three bad guys were sitting there shoeless and in towels. My wife and I encountered 18 OTMs last Christmas day at 9:30am. Only took BP an hour to get there that day!

Far south Texas gets pretty western at times. The only reason NTX would prevail in this poll is because most of the membership is up that way. I'll promise you we have much more trouble in general near the southern border. We've had poachers, we've had vehicles stolen, ranch house broken into and all liquor, food and water taken.

#6923655 - 10/17/17 12:11 PM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: fouzman]
hook_n_line Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Originally Posted By: fouzman
I had three Dominicans come walking into camp last Saturday night while I was outside cooking dinner. They wanted a vehicle and were being very aggressive, at first. I fed them, watered them, gave them bath towels and soap so they could bathe with a waster hose. Gave all three socks, underwear and a change of clothes. Gave them blankets and pillows so they could sleep under the palapa. All the while my wife and a 10 year old were locked in a back bedroom on the phone with Border Patrol. Took them 1.5 hours to get there due to a shift change and how remote we are, but when BP guys snuck up on the palapa, all three bad guys were sitting there shoeless and in towels. My wife and I encountered 18 OTMs last Christmas day at 9:30am.

Far south Texas gets pretty western at times. The only reason NTX would prevail in this poll is because most of the membership is up that way. I'll promise you we have much more trouble in general near the southern border.

Yes it does! Our place has a perimeter fence with gates to park in then a 10' fence around the main compound with razor wire on the top where we sleep. We had a young lady try to lure some of the hunters out of the compound before and no one knows where she came from. Spooky!

#6923666 - 10/17/17 12:30 PM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: hook_n_line]
rexmitchell Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: hook_n_line
Originally Posted By: fouzman
I had three Dominicans come walking into camp last Saturday night while I was outside cooking dinner. They wanted a vehicle and were being very aggressive, at first. I fed them, watered them, gave them bath towels and soap so they could bathe with a waster hose. Gave all three socks, underwear and a change of clothes. Gave them blankets and pillows so they could sleep under the palapa. All the while my wife and a 10 year old were locked in a back bedroom on the phone with Border Patrol. Took them 1.5 hours to get there due to a shift change and how remote we are, but when BP guys snuck up on the palapa, all three bad guys were sitting there shoeless and in towels. My wife and I encountered 18 OTMs last Christmas day at 9:30am.

Far south Texas gets pretty western at times. The only reason NTX would prevail in this poll is because most of the membership is up that way. I'll promise you we have much more trouble in general near the southern border.

Yes it does! Our place has a perimeter fence with gates to park in then a 10' fence around the main compound with razor wire on the top where we sleep. We had a young lady try to lure some of the hunters out of the compound before and no one knows where she came from. Spooky!

Or who else was with her in the bushes waiting to ambush you.

#6923772 - 10/17/17 01:49 PM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
titan2232 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Conroe, TX
I didn't vote, but know for absolute certain a decent feeder or any other decent equipment will be stolen in certain parts of East Texas.

Friend of mine has had several things jacked while hunting paper mill property off of Bragg Road down HWY 190.

#6923773 - 10/17/17 01:53 PM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
SapperTitan Online   content
Taking Requests

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
This isn't fair the majority of East TX doesn't have internet access to vote roflmao

#6923781 - 10/17/17 01:58 PM Re: Hunting Lease Crime Rate Poll [Re: dkershen]
colt45 Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: bastrop county
I know its off topic, go to any lake to see violations

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide