The Western Navarro Bobwhite Recovery Initiative
Fall Meeting and Field Tour
October 27, 2017 9:30 am -3:00 pm
Wisdom Farm – Blooming Grove, TX
The Western Navarro Bobwhite Recovery Initiative (WNBRI) will be hosting a wildlife and ranch management workshop at the Wisdom Farm on October 27, 2017. Please join us at this special event and learn how we all can help manage our lands to maximize habitat for grassland wildlife and provide sustainable ranching income.
he focus of the meeting will be to update members on new projects and programs for members, and techniques for managing our lands for water, wildlife, and cattle. Registration is $20 per person (Workshop only or Registered Members), $40 per person (Seminar and 1 year WNBRI Membership) or $250 (Seminar and a WNBRI Lifetime Membership). If you attended the October workshop at the Green 2 Dot Ranch and paid the $40 fee then your membership is up to date and need only pay the $20 workshop fee. The workshop includes a catered lunch and 1 door prize ticket.
What does WNBRI Membership Offer?
1. Free technical assistance from TPWD Biologists and NRCS Range Specialists in developing wildlife and grazing management plans.
2. Free assistance from TPWD, NRCS and fellow members in conducting prescribed burns.
3. NWTF-WNBRI Habitat Enhancement Program (HEP) – Up to 75% Cost-share for habitat enhancement projects.
4. Low cost rental of their Truax Seed Drill, Great Plains Seed Drill or Brillion seeder for planting native grasses and forbs.
5. Low cost rental of their fully equipped Prescribed Burn Trailer.
6. Annual wildlife management seminars and field tour to help refine your knowledge of wildlife and habitat management techniques.
Additionally, now that the WNBRI is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization they will be seeking numerous grants, and/or donations to provide more equipment (i.e. seeders and burning equipment), materials (i.e. seed and herbicides), and habitat restoration incentive programs to its members for their habitat improvement projects.
The deadline for registration for this event is October 20, 2017.
To register, fill out the enclosed registration form and mail it to the address below along with the registration fee. Make checks payable to WNBRI
1175 FM 667
Purdon, TX 76679
For Information or to Register by phone call – 903-426-1836
Directions from Blooming Grove, TX: From HWY 22 in Blooming Grove, turn south onto State HWY 55 and go about 2 miles to NW CR 4020. Turn west on NW CR 4020 and go approximately 0.6 miles to the entrance to the Wisdom Farm on the right.
If you have trouble locating the meeting location, call 903-879-2643.