Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6888192 09/15/17 01:55 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Just thinking. The only ones who say it works are the ones that have tried it. BTW, I made a couple of calls to guys that have used it. Since I evidently have more $ than brains, I'm gonna buy one just to try it out.

Do I really need one? Probably not but I also don't need the safe full of guns that I rarely shoot, way too much reloading gear and too many tackle boxes and rods/reels.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6888209 09/15/17 02:09 PM
D
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Done; maybe blew $179.99 but that's not really all that unusual. I'll give my experience during bow season.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6888274 09/15/17 03:00 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I'll stay tuned for your feedback Dave. up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6888482 09/15/17 05:42 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I know of a guy that swears by it. I wouldn't pay that for it though.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6888678 09/15/17 09:50 PM
D
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Bow season starts soon. I'll try it then.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6888770 09/15/17 11:59 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Offline
THF Whiskey Sommelier
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I'll stay tuned for your feedback Dave. up

Me too.

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: waderaider1] #6889335 09/16/17 09:50 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: waderaider1
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
So not only is the HECS suit disguising waderaider1, but it has disguised the crossbow and arrows such that the buck is now blind and deaf to them. I don't recall any sort of projected coverage promoted by the HECS suit people, yet that is what you are claiming as a benefit to it.

If somebody could demonstrate for me that land mammals, such as deer, sense and utilize bioelectric field information as is implied for predator avoidance, I would be much more impressed. Strangely, there is no documentation of deer being or other terrestrial land mammals being able to do this.

Fish do use electromagnetic signals to sense the bioelectric discharges of other animals. In fact, most or all species of fish have a well studied systems in their body dedicated to this very thing called the lateral line system and in sharks, they also have the Ampullae of Lorenzini on their heads for this purpose. Some species of fish also have receptors in their gills. Electroreception of the bioelectric signals in mammals is known only in the platypus and one or two species of dolphin.

You must be a Democrat if that is what you comprehended from that. Reading things that are not there. What I said is all they did was glance in my direction to the noise. They did not see or sense me.The op asked for an honest opinion from someone who has and uses that's what I did. If you haven't you do not have a first hand opinion. You do have an opinion regardless of how baseless it is the the actual use of he's.

So you are reduced to ad hominem attack to represent your position? Excellent logic.

There is no evidence to support that deer have the ability to sense bioelectric fields from other animals. There is no evidence that deer use bioelectroreception or bioelectromagnetoreception to avoid predators of any sort. It really is that simple. The case from HECS that since some animals can orient themselves with the magnetic field of the earth and hence can sense the bioelectric fields of other animals is spurious at best.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6889756 09/17/17 02:25 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Bigfoot must wear HECS

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6889875 09/17/17 04:52 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
So not only is the HECS suit disguising waderaider1, but it has disguised the crossbow and arrows such that the buck is now blind and deaf to them. I don't recall any sort of projected coverage promoted by the HECS suit people, yet that is what you are claiming as a benefit to it.

If somebody could demonstrate for me that land mammals, such as deer, sense and utilize bioelectric field information as is implied for predator avoidance, I would be much more impressed. Strangely, there is no documentation of deer being or other terrestrial land mammals being able to do this.

Fish do use electromagnetic signals to sense the bioelectric discharges of other animals. In fact, most or all species of fish have a well studied systems in their body dedicated to this very thing called the lateral line system and in sharks, they also have the Ampullae of Lorenzini on their heads for this purpose. Some species of fish also have receptors in their gills. Electroreception of the bioelectric signals in mammals is known only in the platypus and one or two species of dolphin.

You must be a Democrat if that is what you comprehended from that. Reading things that are not there. What I said is all they did was glance in my direction to the noise. They did not see or sense me.The op asked for an honest opinion from someone who has and uses that's what I did. If you haven't you do not have a first hand opinion. You do have an opinion regardless of how baseless it is the the actual use of he's.

So you are reduced to ad hominem attack to represent your position? Excellent logic.

There is no evidence to support that deer have the ability to sense bioelectric fields from other animals. There is no evidence that deer use bioelectroreception or bioelectromagnetoreception to avoid predators of any sort. It really is that simple. The case from HECS that since some animals can orient themselves with the magnetic field of the earth and hence can sense the bioelectric fields of other animals is spurious at best.

Ad hominem is all some have.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6890912 09/18/17 04:20 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
What if it does work? Let's use that, Ozonics, and Scent Lok, and we won't even have to hunt anymore.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6891066 09/18/17 06:57 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Ad hominem is all some have.

This op asked for people who have used the HECS to post their experience with it. The OP stated he was skeptical and wanted to hear from people who have used it. Yet you two, along with others seem to feel the need to raise an awareness of being skeptical about this product.

Then you insult or belittle the posters that posted about their experience with the HECS. And your surprised when their reply gets personal?

.......or maybe your not surprised and this is the reply you were hoping/trolling for?

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 09/18/17 07:44 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6891409 09/18/17 11:43 PM
D
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
It came in today. Read the documentation and found: "Used in conjunction with good camo and scent control, and assuming you keep noise and movement minimal, HECS can make a significant difference to your hunting success by allowing you to get closer to game." Well, all that makes sense. Thinking about it, I have no idea whether my electrical signal has ever spooked anything. But, I'll give it a fair test and see what I think.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6891502 09/19/17 01:05 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
There is a cheaper alternative. Sunglasses optional.

(Lighten up boys, just making a funny. grin )

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6891819 09/19/17 11:34 AM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Nogalus. With 22,000 + posts I must ask have you used all of them to show just how special you are?

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: waderaider1] #6891938 09/19/17 01:41 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Offline
THF Whiskey Sommelier
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
Nogalus. With 22,000 + posts I must ask have you used all of them to show just how special you are?

LMAO!!!!

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: waderaider1] #6892665 09/19/17 11:47 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Delete: maybe my joke I had here is not politically correct. Even though it was on me. smile

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6895486 09/22/17 04:27 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
There is a cheaper alternative. Sunglasses optional.

(Lighten up boys, just making a funny. grin )

Now that's funny!

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6895644 09/22/17 07:07 PM
I
ilik2hunt Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I
If it works like they say why don't they make pop up blinds with this material?

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Dave Davidson] #6896300 09/23/17 02:14 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson
It came in today. Read the documentation and found: "Used in conjunction with good camo and scent control, and assuming you keep noise and movement minimal, HECS can make a significant difference to your hunting success by allowing you to get closer to game." Well, all that makes sense. Thinking about it, I have no idea whether my electrical signal has ever spooked anything. But, I'll give it a fair test and see what I think.

LOL, so if you do the stuff that a really good hunter does, the suit will work? This begs the question as to how really good hunters manage to do what they do without one of these suits.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Dave Davidson] #6896707 09/24/17 12:06 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

You realize that says less than nothing, right? It actually comes closer to saying it doesn't work than it does by pointing out you have to do all the other stuff, and then it CAN (not WILL) make a difference. Maybe. Which also means it also can NOT make a difference.

That is all straight up flim-flam con language.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Dave Davidson] #6898234 09/25/17 04:12 PM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W

I hope you enjoy how the animals act different while wearing this suit. only those that have tried and used the product can only truthfully critique the product. do not listen to the so called know it all's.

The best of luck to you. I don't think you will regret it.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6914091 10/09/17 04:35 PM
D
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
OK; tried it this weekend. Sat about 25 yards from a feeder. I was behind a fork in a couple of trees. 3 young, a couple of 2 year olds and a baby, bucks came in and ate. At first they were nervous because, I assume, it was about 150 yds from the house and 2 pickups were there. I had the wind in my favor. They settled down and started eating; obviously not knowing I was there. I shot a spike with the XBOW.

Did the HECS work? Would the situation be the same if I wasn't wearing it? I don't know. I'll have to try some more to get some more experiences. Had they left, I would have said that it didn't work. I'll try some more and report back. So far, I know that one instance doesn't mean a whole lot but I am kinda encouraged.

Last edited by Dave Davidson; 10/09/17 04:37 PM.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6930243 10/23/17 07:45 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Thanks for the report Dave. up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6941634 11/01/17 02:28 AM
B
Bassdeer Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
B
I know of a guy that swears by it also, I don't know. I do use scent lok, but I buy it when it's on sale or discounted. I mean I have to wear camo so why not scent lok? I'm a big believer in playing the wind and always hunt with the wind in my favor.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6961751 11/15/17 09:54 PM
D
DH3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy wear Hecs!

Last edited by DH3; 11/15/17 09:55 PM.

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide