Print Thread
Deer processing #6913757 10/09/17 12:29 PM
B
buckshot85 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
Anyone know of deer processing in kaufam or surrounding area ,that does a good job ,they have used in past son got his first buck with bow Sunday am in oklahoma . Tks for any help

Re: Deer processing [Re: buckshot85] #6913885 10/09/17 02:09 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Kuby's in Dallas is who I'ved used for over 40 years.

From I-35 E @ Mockingbird, go west past Hwy 114 to the corner at the overhead RR crossing, Ambassador Row I think it is & turn right - the only way you can turn, go north about 2 blocks to the stop sign and turn left, go across the RR Tracks and the loading dock on the left side before the dead end right turn is Kuby's processing plant entrance. It is a blast to hang around on and see whole Elk, all kinds of exotics, feral hogs...and even saw a full grown Buffalo one time get unloaded. They are one of the few DFW area processors licensed to process both Wild Hog and Wild game animals that I know of.

They also process all the food for their HIghland Park Snider Plaza retail store and ship Customer Orders for their national Print & Online Catalog store out of this buiding...and process K's of drive up drop off of all kinds of wild game too.

I started using Kuby's in the mid '70's when the warehoue was on Gaston Ave about 5-6 block west of Baylor Hospital...and think of them as the benchmark to judge other processor's by.

If you are coming south from western Oklahoma and can go thru Muenster on Hwy 82, Fischer's has been in the past a good place too, back behind the grocery store but it's been several years since I've been there and I heard some different reports on their loction and who's running the shop couple years ago when I was hunting in Young County and could come home to Lake Texoma thru Muenster..killer grocery store and all kinds of custom store brand goodies and a meat market that was a Fall & Spring Pilgramage from the lake.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Deer processing [Re: buckshot85] #6956998 11/12/17 06:59 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Dropped off the buck from Fayette County at Pickens, down south of Oakwood, south of Flo Community off FM 831 on FM 1511 I think it is - whatever the Flo VFD is facing just opast the turnoff ...per the strong recc from Archie VanWey at Buffalo Sporting Goods.

Seems like a good place, sez he does not use a meat saw to cut meat, but seperates the muscles before cutting & everything is handcut. Asked me for what I wanted done & not just told what he'd do for a standard processing...I asked for steaks cut at 3/4"s ... not a problem, I wanted the pizzpoor cut up back strap the BinL gifted me with turned into a stir fry strips, not a problem yadda yadda..and at very competive prices and done in 2-3 days not 2-3 weeks.

FWIW Had tried to reach Herringtons's just south of Frankston on FM 315 about 7-8 miles from me, by phone last Wednesday mid afternoon before we left at dawn30 Thursday and got no return call from the very explicit VM mssg I left.

Called Herringtons again yesterday after we got home and unloaded the pets from the Vet's Boarding Svc, all the antique stuff the BH had bought in Brenham, and my guns and and hunting stuff...never got a call back from Herrington's again after leaving a VM messg to confirm being able to drop off a deer for processing within the hour. Apparently they don't need my business, right now or in the future, even if they are super busy right now...ya never NOT CALL A NEW CUSTOMER BACK. Just Sayin'
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: Deer processing [Re: buckshot85] #6957013 11/12/17 07:12 PM
R
Red Cloud Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
...ya never NOT CALL A NEW CUSTOMER BACK. Just Sayin' AGREE 100%.

Re: Deer processing [Re: buckshot85] #6959785 11/14/17 04:01 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Was in Green's at Zabcikville yesterday on the way to get poked and examined again at Olin Teague...danged recent kidney stones bought me another kind of pill to keep up with...and I "failed" the 24 Hour Pee Test when my "production" was 2 tenths of a Liter short of the minimum...Oh well guess I'm not as full of it as I thought I was .... BH sez I'm just more "vinegary" than than anything else these days and gonna get fat again.

FYI Green's will no longer: Accept Deer for Processing 24 Hours a Day & WILL NOT accept any unskinned critter...
Ron

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide