6058551 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6911396 - 10/06/17 02:53 PM BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK
twitch528 Offline
Woodsman

Loc: East Texas
Not sure if this is the correct section to put my story in but it could possibly help a land owner or a hunter save some grief. Long story short my family and I have a lease in East Texas that we have had for about 25 years. It is a family only lease with few invited guests. We get along great with the landowner and have had zero problems between each other. A few years ago they started back with oil and or gas production on the property. Never had any issues with anyone until Kelly Clark with Oil Rock Energy somehow slithered his way into the mineral rights. Since having to deal with this guy its been a total nightmare. We also run cattle on the property and Kelly would leave gates open and unlocked. He would show up on the property at weird hours with people he was trying to get to invest in his company. He once told my brother he would pay him if my brother used his own equipment to build up a road and plant grass in the pipeline to make the place look more presentable to "clients". My brother never got paid after a long drawn out period just gave up on ever getting paid.

Last year I began to notice signs of traffic on the place that we normally never saw. I put a camera up at a couple of entrances and got pictures of Kelly coming onto the property with other cars following and caught him coming on the property in the middle of the night several times. One day during last deer season my brother and my dad were checking cows and saw a man walk out of the brush dressed in all camo carrying a sack of food. The approached the man and he told them he was checking the wells with Kelly but that Kelly had something to do so Kelly just left him there because he told Kelly that he wanted to watch the animals for a while. My dad and brother called Kelly and told him to come pick the guy up and of course their stories were no where near the same. Kelly has been told time after time that he can do whatever business he needs to do to the NON producing wells but other than that he is not to step foot on the property. Kelly has made it so miserable for the land owner that they refuse to talk to him anymore. He is a liar and a thief and my next paragraph explains why.

Yesterday a friend of mine, my wife, and my 4 year old went to the lease to check cameras. I pull up to one of the well sites and there is a camper parked on the pad and a truck setting in the pipeline with a man in it. I pull up to the man and ask him what he is doing. The man replied that he was deer hunting. I said excuse me????? He said that he was told he could hunt here and I started thinking to myself that this guy is on the wrong property. I tell him that this property is a family only lease and that the only guests that are allowed on the place are the ones that my father, brother, or I invite. He then proceeds to hand me a map and its a map of our property. I ask the man who in the &*(* told him he could hunt and gave him that map and he said KELLY CLARK. I immediately called my father to make sure he had not allowed this {even though I knew he didnt}. While talking to my dad he told me that Kelly called him a couple of days ago asking if he could sub lease the property for deer hunting. My father told him that under no circumstance would he ever do that and that Kelly didnt have enough money in the world to lease ANYTHING from us. Kelly persisted and my father flat out told him NO and not to ask again. I then told the hunter to gather his camper, corn, and the numerous pop up blinds he had scattered down the pipeline and get off of the property. I then asked the man to call Kelly and he did. Once i got on the phone Kelly acted like he couldnt hear me because he didnt have signal, even though he could hear the hunter just fine. I asked the hunter for Kellys number and then called him from my phone. He answered and I gave him my name and asked him what kind of *&^^%&(( he was trying to pull. Kelly proceeded to tell me that he had made arrangements with the person leasing the property to take his clients hunting. I responded by telling him that he was a liar and that I had just gotten off of the phone with my father and he was told he would never lease him anything ever. Kelly then stated he spoke with the landowner and they allowed it and again i told him he was a liar and that the land owner could not stand the thought of him going on their property. Kelly then kept saying it was just a misunderstanding and I asked Kelly how hard was it for him to understand the word NO. I told him that I have a 4 year old that understands the word NO just fine and that if he couldnt then he might want to think about getting into another line of work. I then explained to him what was going to happen if I ever caught him on the property again {mineral rights or no mineral rights} but I wont get into that. I then told the hunter that I was sorry for the way I spoke in front of him but that he needed to get his belongings and get off of the property. The hunter understood and began to tell me that Kelly was into him for quite a bit of money and Kelly was using our property to pay off part of his debt because Kelly told him he had the hunting rights along with the mineral rights and that he could hunt there all year.

Sorry for the long rant but I just wanted everyone to know that if they come into contact with Kelly Clark with Oil Rock Energy to steer clear if all possible. From my understanding he has rights to several wells in Texas and owes alot of people alot of money. I HATE people that lie, steal, and cheat for their benefit and I hope this post keeps it from happening again

#6911403 - 10/06/17 03:01 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
NMGW Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: New Mexico
Sounds like a nightmare, sorry for your problems I hope you get it worked out. I hate liars also.

#6911477 - 10/06/17 04:04 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
Longhorn74 Offline
Green Horn

Dang I was in the oil business 36 years and jerks like this give the business a bad name. Luckily my current lease has a very active manager and hopefully this won’t happen to my group. Sorry to hear about this jerk, but trust me most oil dealings
are very straight forward. I hope you get this fool off your lease!

#6911532 - 10/06/17 05:04 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
blazin Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Texas
Besides the Game Warden sounds like the Texas Railroad commission also needs a phone call on this guy.

#6911534 - 10/06/17 05:05 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
decook Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Montgomery, TX USA
Wouldn't this guy coming on the property for anything outside of oil business be trespassing? If he came on the property with a firearm other than a conceal carry then the game warden might have something to talk to him about. If the landowner don't want him there but is bound by a contract, he should want to back that up to a GW if it came to that.

Get mad and get even (the right way)!! Make him feel the misery.

Oh yes - welcome to the THF. There some that come in here to warn others but don't really back it up. You did it the right way.

#6911868 - 10/06/17 11:19 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
txbigly Offline
Tracker

Loc: Rockwall
WOW !! And Im with blazin on that one . Game Warden and RRC

#6911911 - 10/07/17 02:14 AM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Big D
East Tex oil is a little different than West Texas oil luckily... Seems LO would have some words with him. S. Tex does fine with the big boys and no messing around. How big is the property?

#6912047 - 10/07/17 08:54 AM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
twitch528 Offline
Woodsman

We have right at 2k acres

#6912058 - 10/07/17 09:14 AM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
Wilhunt Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: New Braunfels, San Saba county
Terrible situation, why not have the landowner contact any and all law enforcement as well as the RRC.

#6912340 - 10/07/17 03:23 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
twitch528 Offline
Woodsman

I've never been in this situation so pardon my ignorance. Who do I need to contact at the RRC and what exactly do I need to tell them? I work at the local Sheriffs Office and gave him a formal CT warning until we can confirm if he indeed has the right to be out there.

#6912481 - 10/07/17 06:57 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
Rustler Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Carrollton/ Young, Blanco coun...
I'd think the landowner would know what is in the O&G lease pertaining to any other uses of the property.
Uses other than normal O&G activities.

#6913456 - 10/08/17 08:47 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
blazin Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: twitch528
I've never been in this situation so pardon my ignorance. Who do I need to contact at the RRC and what exactly do I need to tell them? I work at the local Sheriffs Office and gave him a formal CT warning until we can confirm if he indeed has the right to be out there.

If he is that lackadaisical and arrogant with regards to the property then I'd be willing to bet numerous violations can be found on the wells he's "running". Take some pictures of them and see what exactly is going on. Some of these fly by night oil operations are nothing but trouble. Lack of maintaining the wells properly and disregard for the surrounding environment is almost a given with a guy like this. Not sure exactly who but someone at the TRRC can point you in the right direction.

#6915794 - 10/10/17 03:14 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
sbushee Online   content
Pro Tracker

I’d say time to move on. 25 years is a pretty good run. Consider yourself lucky. This scoundrel Kelly Clark won’t go away. Just how did he get mineral rights exactly?

#6917414 - 10/11/17 09:01 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
TOMCAT21 Offline

Loc: Keller, TX
Perhaps you should contact his employer?

#6917555 - 10/11/17 11:15 PM Re: BEWARE OF KELLY CLARK [Re: twitch528]
postoak Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: The Woodlands, Tx
The address given for Oil Rock Energy on google, 630 W. Canty St. Dallas, looks like an apartment complex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide