Print Thread
Pretty sure I am missing another duck season #6907284 10/03/17 03:48 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
I am about sick and tired of 63 inches of water in my house. I was simply amazed that I was able to take the ranger down river looking for the duck decoy that Dave Speer carved from me. I was really upset it had floated off of the mantel and went a long long way down river. Fortunately I found it and it is safe. I am fairly sure this endeavor to move the house is about to mess up my duck season. I would like to get the UTHFDHGTG going for at least one trip this year.

I tore off all my siding and my friends helped me tear off the brick. I hired a moving company and took a week off of work to build a footing foundation for piers and beams. The moving company cut the frame from the slab and used 2 by 6 lumber screwed to every wall n the house, 3 ft off the slab, and heavy beams under that to lift it. We are hill bound!!! There is a spot up the hill that has never received water. Thats where we are headed.

Although interesting to watch, my intentions are to pass on information. First off FEMA sucks. I have been to them twice during the last two floods and not one person ever mentioned what is called the ICC program. I specifically asked about a program like this twice and they would only talk about offering a SBA loan. Thats a whole different story.

What I want to pass along is called the FEMA ICC program (Increased Cost Compliance). It is a flood mitigating program that pays up to $30,000 for moving or raising houses out of the flood plain. Raising my house on a slab was over $110,000. Moving will be right at $35,000. I am hoping to get reimbursed through this program.

If you have been flooded causing 25% damages on two occasions in the last decade you are eligible. If you have flooded once with a 50% damage rating, you are eligible. My house has had three 75%ers so I certainly qualify.

If you have received water like I described, contact your county flood manager, get on a list to be inspected and receive a letter called Proof of Loss. Then file that letter with your agent and they will apply for the fema grant. PM me if you need help, nobody from fema will tell you about this program.

https://youtu.be/z6NJFeIYTa8

Re: Pretty sure I am missing another duck season [Re: wal1809] #6907454 10/03/17 05:57 PM
Dave Speer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
bang

Re: Pretty sure I am missing another duck season [Re: wal1809] #6907900 10/03/17 11:19 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Dang Wayne sorry to hear about all that. So the hill you are moving your house to, is that on your property? How far you moving your house, that is the widest load I ever seen! What about the airboat and toon rig? Did they float away?

Re: Pretty sure I am missing another duck season [Re: wal1809] #6908393 10/04/17 01:24 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Hello Guy. I had 6 boats at the house. My brother in law had his Kenner there next to my Explorer fishing boat. His boat went 50 yards and got hung up in the fence, no damage. My Explorer boat turned sideways in the covered area, my regular pontoon floated off the trailer and turned sideways in the barn still hooked to the trailer. The ducktoon is still hooked to the trailer. It is on one side of the fence and the trailer on this side. Minimal damage to the floor from a t post. My little one man layout boat very luckily for me got hung in the fence. The airboat was on my truck here at the station in case we needed to get people out of flood waters. I went the next day to Cinco Ranch and spent the day pulling folks out of their homes with the airboat. That was one of the most rewarding days I have spent on this earth. There were no politics, no colors, no BS, just straight up people helping people. I put in at Fry and Westheimer Pkwy. There was probably 100 volunteers bringing water, cooking food, helping people get their possessions out of boats. One guy brought a truck full of gas cans and asked if he could put some fuel in my boat. I told him I was good on fuel. He responded with "Please let me put some in your boat, I want to feel like I contributed". Bad arse Americans doing bad arse American things! At one point I was headed back into the neighborhood by myself. Two airboats were coming out loaded down with people. There were duck boats, bass boats, anything that would float, a Chinook and a black hawk helicopters above me. The blackhawk dropped a basket to get an injured elderly lady out. Behind me were all the volunteers helping. That storm was one wicked bad mofro. Let me tell you, at that very moment I forgot all about the bad. It was truly a gift to be in that moment. I won't ever forget it. I am really impressed with the duck hunters and airboaters. They responded with more efforts and faster than the government. Not griping about the gov, I realize these guys are right there ready to go. Just a dang good group of guys and gals. A girl that goes by painterchic on facebook led the charge for a group of aiboaters who drove from Florida, stayed in tents for 8 days pulling folks out of the flood waters. Wow!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide