Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: JCB] #6889315 09/16/17 09:08 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
There are many breeders who have bucks like this. We looked at a property a few years ago, and the breeder currently on site had 2 large bucks, one scoring over 280. It was the biggest antlered white tail I had ever seen in person. This deer was almost a pet, as you could walk up to it at the fence. I know of other places that "hunt" high fence with deer close to this size. It's a simple "If you build it" they will come!"

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: JCB] #6889709 09/17/17 01:45 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
As usual I will possibly make some people upset, but I have to cheer for the buck, hope he spreads in genes around the county and dies a natural death of old age and feeds some coyotes. Anyone seeing this old fellow in the wild is very fortunate. I would rather a school bus full of young future hunters see this fellow walking the wild than one person hanging his head in their den.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: JCB] #6889711 09/17/17 01:46 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
As usual I will possibly make some people upset, but I have to cheer for the buck, hope he spreads in genes around the county and dies a natural death of old age and feeds some coyotes. Anyone seeing this old fellow in the wild is very fortunate. I would rather a school bus full of young future hunters see this fellow walking the wild than one person hanging his head in their den.

Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: blackcoal] #6889718 09/17/17 01:52 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

He's not "in the wild". He's in a pen. There are lots of places young people can see bucks like this all over the state. They would not be seeing anything that relates to the natural world if they see them though.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: JCB] #6889855 09/17/17 04:18 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Not trying to one up anyone, but I see these class of deer pretty regularly. Most do not have any tags because they were born in the pasture. Yes they will jump the fence if pressured. One of my neighbors shot an escapee a couple of years ago. Scored just over 250".Pretty cool to watch these giant deer while waiting on a 130" buck to show.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: JCB] #6889856 09/17/17 04:20 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Neighbors have just under 2000 acres under hi fence

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6889968 09/17/17 07:19 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

He's not "in the wild". He's in a pen. There are lots of places young people can see bucks like this all over the state. They would not be seeing anything that relates to the natural world if they see them though.

I was referencing the last paragraph of the OP. The "if" it got loose. That was the question, not if anyone had seen a high fence or big deer. I still maintain if the buck got loose I hope he spreads his genes all over the county.

Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: blackcoal] #6889994 09/17/17 08:16 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I was referencing the last paragraph of the OP. The "if" it got loose. That was the question, not if anyone had seen a high fence or big deer. I still maintain if the buck got loose I hope he spreads his genes all over the county.

That deer may spread his seed, but you will not suddenly going get 300”+ deer, not even close. There are good genetics already out there, they just aren't forced to eat a high protein diet.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: Simple Searcher] #6890089 09/17/17 09:53 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher

That deer may spread his seed, but you will not suddenly going get 300”+ deer, not even close. There are good genetics already out there, they just aren't forced to eat a high protein diet.

OK. I admit I do not know what this deer eats. I am certain every monster deer in the universe is forced to eat high protein. Is it pumped down the throat like force feeding a goose? What is the protein % being fed this deer?

Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: JCB] #6895092 09/22/17 02:53 AM
R
retfuz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
It probably has an ear tag. The land owner will put it in a 2 acre pasture with a feeder and an enclosed heated or air conditioned stand and get 30 or 40 grand for the hunt and harvest. Welcome to high fence "hunting".

Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: JCB] #6896259 09/23/17 01:23 PM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
when my wife first saw the video..she says "whats those limbs hanging all over his head"..she had no idea..i honestly dont think another deer in this country could be any bigger than this buck..and live..he couldnt hold his head up..lol also justin..i almost wrecked several times looking at the area we use to drive to the lease..saw nothing..there is miles and miles of high fence i never noticed...my wife has no clue about hunting ethics..she says.."get some wire cutters" can you imagine what a straw of his stuff would cost?

Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: JCB] #6898894 09/26/17 01:47 AM
B
brokenpole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I like this idea
Find cheap leases next to high fence and shoot the tame tagged deer I love the new hunting

Re: WHAT IF..... [Re: mow] #6899542 09/26/17 04:31 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: mow
can you imagine what a straw of his stuff would cost?

Not much these days.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide