Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6885083 09/12/17 04:17 PM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
I also met a guy from florida who owns the HECS wet suit. he swore by it. said he does not need to spear lobster when he dives. swims right up picks them up and puts them in his bag. When he spear fishes he takes which ever fish he wants. i cannot explain the technology and how it works. But it works. I would highly recommend for public land hunting. if you haven't tried it how can you really deny it? i wear on all my hunts and scouting. want to go kill coons. put the suit on and get a green flash light and just shoor with a pistol.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6885921 09/13/17 11:00 AM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted By: horn section
Just saw their show the other day and was curious if anyone uses or has used this camo? Seems like a gimmick to me but i usually feel this way about most products. Just curious to hear testimony, one way or the other, from real people that have used it. Thank you.

buy it. try it and you will be pleased. still have to do the other things right also. control scent, play the wind etc. do not pay attention to the naysayers who have never experienced wearing and hunting with the use of HECS. let me just say i was never able to get close to any deer on my property. 100yds 200yds they would bust me. when wearing the suit I have yet to have a deer blow and run off. I have the best luck just sitting on the ground in the brush, next to a large tree. one morning had 4 bucks while i was sitting next to a scrub cedar. let fly with my crossbow and missed a massive ten pt 3 times. twice right over his back at 20yds and once under his chest at 50. now think about that. crossbow noise, arrow crashing into trees. was able to pull crossbow down and hand draw twice. noise, movement and yet none of the bucks gave nothing more than a glance. at one point the ten after missing at 50 ran strate to me and was was 10' away. but none of the deer sensed me. they finally moved off into the woods but not scared. they walked off. this happened over a period of 20 minutes. so $140.00 for the suit or $100 for pants and jacket each from gamehide, when we spend that much on quality camo already does not seem unreasonable to me for something that works. science or not it just works. i dont know what to say about those that have never experienced hunting with the suit i guess they are trying to be noble protecting your own money. you earned it,do with it as you wish.
i never hunt without it.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: waderaider1] #6886034 09/13/17 01:35 PM
B
Buffs 1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: waderaider1
one morning had 4 bucks while i was sitting next to a scrub cedar. let fly with my crossbow and missed a massive ten pt 3 times. twice right over his back at 20yds and once under his chest at 50.

eeks333

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6886326 09/13/17 05:48 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
So not only is the HECS suit disguising waderaider1, but it has disguised the crossbow and arrows such that the buck is now blind and deaf to them. I don't recall any sort of projected coverage promoted by the HECS suit people, yet that is what you are claiming as a benefit to it.

If somebody could demonstrate for me that land mammals, such as deer, sense and utilize bioelectric field information as is implied for predator avoidance, I would be much more impressed. Strangely, there is no documentation of deer being or other terrestrial land mammals being able to do this.

Fish do use electromagnetic signals to sense the bioelectric discharges of other animals. In fact, most or all species of fish have a well studied systems in their body dedicated to this very thing called the lateral line system and in sharks, they also have the Ampullae of Lorenzini on their heads for this purpose. Some species of fish also have receptors in their gills. Electroreception of the bioelectric signals in mammals is known only in the platypus and one or two species of dolphin.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6886344 09/13/17 06:02 PM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
So not only is the HECS suit disguising waderaider1, but it has disguised the crossbow and arrows such that the buck is now blind and deaf to them. I don't recall any sort of projected coverage promoted by the HECS suit people, yet that is what you are claiming as a benefit to it.

If somebody could demonstrate for me that land mammals, such as deer, sense and utilize bioelectric field information as is implied for predator avoidance, I would be much more impressed. Strangely, there is no documentation of deer being or other terrestrial land mammals being able to do this.

Fish do use electromagnetic signals to sense the bioelectric discharges of other animals. In fact, most or all species of fish have a well studied systems in their body dedicated to this very thing called the lateral line system and in sharks, they also have the Ampullae of Lorenzini on their heads for this purpose. Some species of fish also have receptors in their gills. Electroreception of the bioelectric signals in mammals is known only in the platypus and one or two species of dolphin.

You must be a Democrat if that is what you comprehended from that. Reading things that are not there. What I said is all they did was glance in my direction to the noise. They did not see or sense me.The op asked for an honest opinion from someone who has and uses that's what I did. If you haven't you do not have a first hand opinion. You do have an opinion regardless of how baseless it is the the actual use of he's.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6886348 09/13/17 06:07 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
waderaider1 - You must be extremely gullible. I once stalked up on a deer, and got within about 20 yards. I was so excited, and my adrenaline pumping so much, that I missed with my first, second and third arrow before he trotted off. Disgusted, I walked out into the open field to find him standing about 70 yards away. So, for grins, I knocked an arrow and casually walked directly at him. I stopped 30 yards away and missed a fourth time. I must have been wearing HECS for that to have happened!!! Nope. Just camo. Plain old walmart brand camo. Deer are funny and will do strange things. That's not the only one I have gotten close to over the years, just the most embarrassing. LOL.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6886366 09/13/17 06:34 PM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
How am I gullible? I hunted my place 7 years.could never get close. Always busted. Started using the HECS doing everything else the same and a totally different experience. I hope the OP get one and has the improved hunting experience as this I know who have bought it and have experienced the same. Go ahead and flame away.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6886440 09/13/17 08:04 PM
M
MClark Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
M

A great many very important things are based on pure faith with science giving no backup.
To watch the the Big Game on TV the team jersey is worn, and other rituals observed with hope it will help the team win.
If the HECS works or not, what is more important is the hunter believes it does and has more confidence to try to make a close approach.

M

Last edited by MClark; 09/13/17 08:08 PM.
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6886456 09/13/17 08:20 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Waveraider1, If it's too good to be true, it probably is. I didn't believe in scentlok form the get go, and it has been proven wrong. There have been a slew of gimmicks that have come and gone, and I never bought into them, however, I, and half a billion other hunters are able to get close to deer without the help of any "special" clothing. I even hunted once in slacks, dress shoes, button up dress shirt and a very nice black leather jacket because I packed my rifle and forgot my camo. Take the money spent on the HECS suit and spend it on something that will keep you dry and warm, and you will be better off.

My guess is that you are doing something different and just don't know it. Years ago, I saw few deer and always seemed to get busted. As I got older and became a smarter hunter, I started seeing more and more deer. I didn't think I was doing anything different, but I was. I was sitting more still. Using cover better, paying better attention to the wind, reading sign better, learning the deer patterns...and sometimes, I just got lucky.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6886600 09/13/17 11:17 PM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Again who are you guys that interject without experience? I don't get it. The OP asked a specific question.
I fit the bil to answer as I have several Hecs suits. so I am Gulible because I buy something that works for me and fellow hunters I know. I am speaking from personal experience. all you guys have is negetive comments. I am a big boy and work hard for my money and will spend on what I see fit. if the suit did not work for me as advertised I would not have bought a second or the heavier camo from Gamehide. I am sure the OP is the same it is his money. I gave an honest truthful testimonial. so who on the board are fools. those that answer with experience with the product or those that chastise and ridicule without first hand experience. I have shared my experience with other hunters who have purchased and they have seen a big difference in their hunting experience. these are wealthy experienced hunters and ranch owner. they are not fools or gulible either. so everybody has shown their hand in this thread and some opinons should be kept to themselves. I would never tell a person who has experienced or is experiencing something positive from a product that they are wrong.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: waderaider1] #6886616 09/13/17 11:42 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Again who are you guys that interject without experience? I don't get it. The OP asked a specific question.
I fit the bil to answer as I have several Hecs suits. so I am Gulible because I buy something that works for me and fellow hunters I know. I am speaking from personal experience. all you guys have is negetive comments. I am a big boy and work hard for my money and will spend on what I see fit. if the suit did not work for me as advertised I would not have bought a second or the heavier camo from Gamehide. I am sure the OP is the same it is his money. I gave an honest truthful testimonial. so who on the board are fools. those that answer with experience with the product or those that chastise and ridicule without first hand experience. I have shared my experience with other hunters who have purchased and they have seen a big difference in their hunting experience. these are wealthy experienced hunters and ranch owner. they are not fools or gulible either. so everybody has shown their hand in this thread and some opinons should be kept to themselves. I would never tell a person who has experienced or is experiencing something positive from a product that they are wrong.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the suit. It is amazing how so many are so concerned about protecting your money isn't it?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6886677 09/14/17 12:39 AM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
I appreciate the few guys that stood up and said they saw a difference.... thanks!

Never payed attention to this "suit" before this thread and now I'm interested.

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6887134 09/14/17 03:07 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
HECS suits, bullets that kill every deer "DRT", rifles that have to shoot 1/4 MOA, Scentlok, Ozonics, expensive deer attractant food products ........... the list goes on and on and on.

If many guys spent as much time on their woodsmanship/hunting skills as they did looking for that "magic shortcut", they would actually see real improvements in their success rather than imaginary ones.

You can't buy yourself into being a better hunter.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: waderaider1] #6887145 09/14/17 03:18 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Your "experience" is simply the limited anecdotal stories of one person. It doesn't "prove" anything. It doesn't exclude or even take into account any number of reasons why you had more success. Including luck.

An old Native American in Arizona had a ram "talisman" he said would bring me luck on my sheep hunts. He was an entertaining gentleman so I bought it for 20 bucks just for that. I dropped it in my pack. Killed a big ram on that hunt and an even bigger one last month with it still in there.

I'm sure that I would have gone home empty-handed without its magical powers aiding me. rolleyes

Your "experience" with the HECS suit and mine with the talisman have the same scientific value. Zero.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6887338 09/14/17 06:02 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
HECS suits, bullets that kill every deer "DRT", rifles that have to shoot 1/4 MOA, Scentlok, Ozonics, expensive deer attractant food products ........... the list goes on and on and on.

If many guys spent as much time on their woodsmanship/hunting skills as they did looking for that "magic shortcut", they would actually see real improvements in their success rather than imaginary ones.

You can't buy yourself into being a better hunter.

How would you know?

I'm curious since your speaking like your lecture comes from experience?

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 09/14/17 06:06 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6887354 09/14/17 06:23 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
No.

"Experience" is not science. Or even evidence.

Read my posts. (Particularly the talisman example. Read also the only science based post on here by another poster.)I believe they explain my position on the matter clearly. It's mostly just plain old common sense.

I get you don't like what I have to say. We all get it. Funny there are half a dozen posts just like mine and you choose to respond only to mine. Your intent here is plain.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6887458 09/14/17 08:20 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
No.

Read my posts. (Particularly the talisman example. Read also the only science based post on here by another poster.)I believe they explain my position on the matter clearly. It's mostly just plain old common sense.

I get you don't like what I have to say. We all get it. Funny there are half a dozen posts just like mine and you choose to respond only to mine. Your intent here is plain.

Don't flatter yourself counselor. You are not that important.

It's the woodmanship/hunting skills I was referring to, not the HECS suit. roflmao

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6887827 09/15/17 01:46 AM
D
Deersteaks Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Not saying they have proved that it works, but if it makes you feel more confident, then that is a win. And for those who say it is a gimmick, so were cars at one time, until they proved their worth and now we all use them. If it helps, use it. Why not?

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6887864 09/15/17 02:30 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
No.

It's the woodmanship/hunting skills I was referring to, not the HECS suit. roflmao

No, it wasn't. Nice attempt at a save though.

I have neither the need nor the desire to get in a pissing contest with you or anyone else about hunting skills/experience. I have more than some and less than others - and we can leave it at that.

I do have enough to know what matters and what doesn't. Learning and developing one's skills matters.Gimmicks - not so much. It's why duffers buy 5 putters a year, and why Jordan Spieth can take any one of them and outputt them.

Forums like this lend themselves to ad nauseum discussions about "stuff" (rifles, ammo, gear, etc.). Ever noticed how long the ".270 vs. .30-06" threads go? So does TV. So lots of folks have a very over-inflated notion of how important "stuff" is when it comes to hunting. It's about 10% of the equation and gets about 90% of the discussion. And a good bit of that 90% is about useless to marginally useful "stuff" touted as the next "magic" bullet.

Pretty much anyone over 30 who has had their eyes open is well aware of this.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6888045 09/15/17 10:37 AM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Nogalus Prairie"90% is about useless to marginally useful "stuff"."

98% of the posts on this thread is useless stuff

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6888096 09/15/17 12:27 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
No.

No, it wasn't. Nice attempt at a save though.

I have neither the need nor the desire to get in a pissing contest with you or anyone else about hunting skills/experience. I have more than some and less than others - and we can leave it at that.

I do have enough to know what matters and what doesn't. Learning and developing one's skills matters.Gimmicks - not so much. It's why duffers buy 5 putters a year, and why Jordan Spieth can take any one of them and outputt them.

Forums like this lend themselves to ad nauseum discussions about "stuff" (rifles, ammo, gear, etc.). Ever noticed how long the ".270 vs. .30-06" threads go? So does TV. So lots of folks have a very over-inflated notion of how important "stuff" is when it comes to hunting. It's about 10% of the equation and gets about 90% of the discussion. And a good bit of that 90% is about useless to marginally useful "stuff" touted as the next "magic" bullet.

Pretty much anyone over 30 who has had their eyes open is well aware of this.

You liberals are so dilusional you don't even know when you become the thought police. Go back and read all the BS you just posted. You not only tell me what I'm really thinking, but you do the same to others that have actually used the Hecs. And insult their intelligence by pretty much tellin them their too stupid to realize their own experience with the suit. And then lecture all who don't hunt or think the way you do. When someone like me calls you out for this BS, you cry that your being trolled.

You have bought your way to successful hunts over putting in the work and scouting yourself, but you lecture others in this post for buying shortcuts to success. Grow up and get over yourself!!

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6888105 09/15/17 12:36 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
As I said, I don't need to get in a pissing contest with you or anyone else. Think whatever you want about me if it helps you feel better about yourself. And troll away. I'm happy to provide that crutch for you. smile

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6888131 09/15/17 12:59 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
As I said, I don't need to get in a pissing contest with you or anyone else. Think whatever you want about me if it helps you feel better about yourself. And troll away. I'm happy to provide that crutch for you. smile

I'll let my posts speak for themselves. I've never been suspended from this forum for trolling anyone.

But you can't say that for yourself can you?

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6888148 09/15/17 01:12 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

I'll let my posts speak for themselves. I've never been suspended from this forum for trolling anyone.

But you can't say that for yourself can you?

Actually, I can (but again, that's another topic).
You have 6 posts on this thread. 5 of them are nothing but trolling me. None on the subject. Yeah, they speak for themselves alright. rolleyes

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6888165 09/15/17 01:29 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
If calling me a troll for calling you out for your unwanted condescending comments that serve no purpose for what the op asked for when he posted this thread makes you feel important, continue down your delusional path.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide