5964653 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#6886348 - 09/13/17 01:07 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
unclebubba Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Collin County, TX
waderaider1 - You must be extremely gullible. I once stalked up on a deer, and got within about 20 yards. I was so excited, and my adrenaline pumping so much, that I missed with my first, second and third arrow before he trotted off. Disgusted, I walked out into the open field to find him standing about 70 yards away. So, for grins, I knocked an arrow and casually walked directly at him. I stopped 30 yards away and missed a fourth time. I must have been wearing HECS for that to have happened!!! Nope. Just camo. Plain old walmart brand camo. Deer are funny and will do strange things. That's not the only one I have gotten close to over the years, just the most embarrassing. LOL.

#6886366 - 09/13/17 01:34 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman

Loc: San Antonio,Tx
How am I gullible? I hunted my place 7 years.could never get close. Always busted. Started using the HECS doing everything else the same and a totally different experience. I hope the OP get one and has the improved hunting experience as this I know who have bought it and have experienced the same. Go ahead and flame away.

#6886440 - 09/13/17 03:04 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
MClark Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Arizona

A great many very important things are based on pure faith with science giving no backup.
To watch the the Big Game on TV the team jersey is worn, and other rituals observed with hope it will help the team win.
If the HECS works or not, what is more important is the hunter believes it does and has more confidence to try to make a close approach.

M

Edited by MClark (09/13/17 03:08 PM)

#6886456 - 09/13/17 03:20 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
unclebubba Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Collin County, TX
Waveraider1, If it's too good to be true, it probably is. I didn't believe in scentlok form the get go, and it has been proven wrong. There have been a slew of gimmicks that have come and gone, and I never bought into them, however, I, and half a billion other hunters are able to get close to deer without the help of any "special" clothing. I even hunted once in slacks, dress shoes, button up dress shirt and a very nice black leather jacket because I packed my rifle and forgot my camo. Take the money spent on the HECS suit and spend it on something that will keep you dry and warm, and you will be better off.

My guess is that you are doing something different and just don't know it. Years ago, I saw few deer and always seemed to get busted. As I got older and became a smarter hunter, I started seeing more and more deer. I didn't think I was doing anything different, but I was. I was sitting more still. Using cover better, paying better attention to the wind, reading sign better, learning the deer patterns...and sometimes, I just got lucky.

#6886600 - 09/13/17 06:17 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman

Again who are you guys that interject without experience? I don't get it. The OP asked a specific question.
I fit the bil to answer as I have several Hecs suits. so I am Gulible because I buy something that works for me and fellow hunters I know. I am speaking from personal experience. all you guys have is negetive comments. I am a big boy and work hard for my money and will spend on what I see fit. if the suit did not work for me as advertised I would not have bought a second or the heavier camo from Gamehide. I am sure the OP is the same it is his money. I gave an honest truthful testimonial. so who on the board are fools. those that answer with experience with the product or those that chastise and ridicule without first hand experience. I have shared my experience with other hunters who have purchased and they have seen a big difference in their hunting experience. these are wealthy experienced hunters and ranch owner. they are not fools or gulible either. so everybody has shown their hand in this thread and some opinons should be kept to themselves. I would never tell a person who has experienced or is experiencing something positive from a product that they are wrong.

#6886616 - 09/13/17 06:42 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: waderaider1]
Pitchfork Predator Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Murphy, TX Dickens county
Originally Posted By: waderaider1
Again who are you guys that interject without experience? I don't get it. The OP asked a specific question.
I fit the bil to answer as I have several Hecs suits. so I am Gulible because I buy something that works for me and fellow hunters I know. I am speaking from personal experience. all you guys have is negetive comments. I am a big boy and work hard for my money and will spend on what I see fit. if the suit did not work for me as advertised I would not have bought a second or the heavier camo from Gamehide. I am sure the OP is the same it is his money. I gave an honest truthful testimonial. so who on the board are fools. those that answer with experience with the product or those that chastise and ridicule without first hand experience. I have shared my experience with other hunters who have purchased and they have seen a big difference in their hunting experience. these are wealthy experienced hunters and ranch owner. they are not fools or gulible either. so everybody has shown their hand in this thread and some opinons should be kept to themselves. I would never tell a person who has experienced or is experiencing something positive from a product that they are wrong.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the suit. It is amazing how so many are so concerned about protecting your money isn't it?

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

#6886677 - 09/13/17 07:39 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
TEXASLEFTY Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: The Island Cres
I appreciate the few guys that stood up and said they saw a difference.... thanks!

Never payed attention to this "suit" before this thread and now I'm interested.

#6887134 - 09/14/17 10:07 AM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
HECS suits, bullets that kill every deer "DRT", rifles that have to shoot 1/4 MOA, Scentlok, Ozonics, expensive deer attractant food products ........... the list goes on and on and on.

If many guys spent as much time on their woodsmanship/hunting skills as they did looking for that "magic shortcut", they would actually see real improvements in their success rather than imaginary ones.

You can't buy yourself into being a better hunter.

#6887145 - 09/14/17 10:18 AM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: waderaider1]
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: waderaider1

Your "experience" is simply the limited anecdotal stories of one person. It doesn't "prove" anything. It doesn't exclude or even take into account any number of reasons why you had more success. Including luck.

An old Native American in Arizona had a ram "talisman" he said would bring me luck on my sheep hunts. He was an entertaining gentleman so I bought it for 20 bucks just for that. I dropped it in my pack. Killed a big ram on that hunt and an even bigger one last month with it still in there.

I'm sure that I would have gone home empty-handed without its magical powers aiding me. rolleyes

Your "experience" with the HECS suit and mine with the talisman have the same scientific value. Zero.

#6887338 - 09/14/17 01:02 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
HECS suits, bullets that kill every deer "DRT", rifles that have to shoot 1/4 MOA, Scentlok, Ozonics, expensive deer attractant food products ........... the list goes on and on and on.

If many guys spent as much time on their woodsmanship/hunting skills as they did looking for that "magic shortcut", they would actually see real improvements in their success rather than imaginary ones.

You can't buy yourself into being a better hunter.

How would you know?

I'm curious since your speaking like your lecture comes from experience?

Edited by Pitchfork Predator (09/14/17 01:06 PM)

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

#6887354 - 09/14/17 01:23 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
THF Celebrity

No.

"Experience" is not science. Or even evidence.

Read my posts. (Particularly the talisman example. Read also the only science based post on here by another poster.)I believe they explain my position on the matter clearly. It's mostly just plain old common sense.

I get you don't like what I have to say. We all get it. Funny there are half a dozen posts just like mine and you choose to respond only to mine. Your intent here is plain.

#6887458 - 09/14/17 03:20 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie]
THF Celebrity

No.

Read my posts. (Particularly the talisman example. Read also the only science based post on here by another poster.)I believe they explain my position on the matter clearly. It's mostly just plain old common sense.

I get you don't like what I have to say. We all get it. Funny there are half a dozen posts just like mine and you choose to respond only to mine. Your intent here is plain.

Don't flatter yourself counselor. You are not that important.

It's the woodmanship/hunting skills I was referring to, not the HECS suit. roflmao

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920

#6887827 - 09/14/17 08:46 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
Deersteaks Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Livingston
Not saying they have proved that it works, but if it makes you feel more confident, then that is a win. And for those who say it is a gimmick, so were cars at one time, until they proved their worth and now we all use them. If it helps, use it. Why not?

#6887864 - 09/14/17 09:30 PM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Pitchfork Predator]
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
No.

Don't flatter yourself counselor. You are not that important.

It's the woodmanship/hunting skills I was referring to, not the HECS suit. roflmao

No, it wasn't. Nice attempt at a save though.

I have neither the need nor the desire to get in a pissing contest with you or anyone else about hunting skills/experience. I have more than some and less than others - and we can leave it at that.

I do have enough to know what matters and what doesn't. Learning and developing one's skills matters.Gimmicks - not so much. It's why duffers buy 5 putters a year, and why Jordan Spieth can take any one of them and outputt them.

Forums like this lend themselves to ad nauseum discussions about "stuff" (rifles, ammo, gear, etc.). Ever noticed how long the ".270 vs. .30-06" threads go? So does TV. So lots of folks have a very over-inflated notion of how important "stuff" is when it comes to hunting. It's about 10% of the equation and gets about 90% of the discussion. And a good bit of that 90% is about useless to marginally useful "stuff" touted as the next "magic" bullet.

Pretty much anyone over 30 who has had their eyes open is well aware of this.

#6888045 - 09/15/17 05:37 AM Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section]
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman

Nogalus Prairie"90% is about useless to marginally useful "stuff"."

98% of the posts on this thread is useless stuff

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide