Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hecs camo suit #6862653 08/20/17 05:36 PM
H
horn section Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
H
Just saw their show the other day and was curious if anyone uses or has used this camo? Seems like a gimmick to me but i usually feel this way about most products. Just curious to hear testimony, one way or the other, from real people that have used it. Thank you.

"I haven't lost my temper in 40 years; but, Pilgrim, you caused a lot of trouble this morning; might have got somebody killed; and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't. I won't. The hell I won't!" John Wayne as Mcclintock
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6862667 08/20/17 05:48 PM
T
TTT Ranch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I can't speak to the quality of Hecs camo but the host of that show seems like a total tool. I wouldn't buy it just for that reason.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6863074 08/21/17 12:58 AM
0910 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I know some guys that use it and swear by it

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: 0910] #6863094 08/21/17 01:07 AM
H
HCHunter28 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Sounds like a gimmick to me. How do big cats get close to animals without an electrosuit? Sounds a lot like the carbon suits that were proven worthless. I fell for the carbon clothing when I started bow hunting 20 years ago. I don't use it anymore and I get the same reactions.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6863137 08/21/17 01:39 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Don't fall for junk like this and just hunt.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6863155 08/21/17 01:57 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
How did we ever hunt deer without it?

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6863180 08/21/17 02:20 AM
P_102 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Who needs to get within 3 feet of a turkey? (On their website). Even if it worked at all, which I question, I doubt it would work beyond 20-30 yards. Your game is plenty close by then. P_102

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6871723 08/28/17 09:20 PM
C
cdthompson9 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
I would love to know if this works. Spear fisherman seam to think it does for their application but does that transfer to mammals?

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6871748 08/28/17 09:45 PM
M
MClark Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
M
I will confess, I have one and use it.
I have no scientific data, just what I have seen while wearing it.
With it I get attacked by squirrels on a regular basis, never happens without suit.
Twice now while walking to the blind in the dark using a red light I have walked to within 5 feet of rabbits, said good morning and asked if they had seen any deer or hogs. Then had to walk around the rabbit to continue down path. They looked at me and didn't run.

Does this mysterious field exist? Can it be blocked? I don't know.

M

Last edited by MClark; 08/28/17 09:47 PM.
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6872301 08/29/17 10:15 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I saw this on the Pursuit Channel. They show a diver next to a shark. When they show a Great White with blood in the water, I might buy one.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6872419 08/29/17 01:03 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
"There's a sucker born every minute."

- P.T. Barnum

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6872638 08/29/17 04:37 PM
M
MClark Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
M
The interesting thing about the HECS is in every thread I have seen about it the majority of the comments are, I don't have one, never seen or heard of it but I know it doesn't work.
Saying please explain is met with ridicule.
M

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6872699 08/29/17 05:37 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
There's no real science behind it. (A theory with big words thrown around is not science.) No studies showing it will work. It's silly on its face.

Scent lok stuff has been shown either to not work at all or maybe, possibly buy a few seconds under optimal conditions.

Yet people still buy the stuff. Why? Psychology. Astrology, Bigfoot, miracle cures, and every other gimmick works the same way. No science, no proof - just gobbledygook and rainbows. They make their $$$ off the simple premise that you can't prove a negative. They operate on the gullibility of human beings.

Nothing new under the sun.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6872804 08/29/17 06:53 PM
M
MClark Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
There's no real science behind it. (A theory with big words thrown around is not science.) No studies showing it will work. It's silly on its face.

Scent lok stuff has been shown either to not work at all or maybe, possibly buy a few seconds under optimal conditions.

Yet people still buy the stuff. Why? Psychology. Astrology, Bigfoot, miracle cures, and every other gimmick works the same way. No science, no proof - just gobbledygook and rainbows. They make their $$$ off the simple premise that you can't prove a negative. They operate on the gullibility of human beings.

Excellent example of what I stated in my previous post.
Thank you

M

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6873488 08/30/17 12:57 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
You're welcome. smile

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: MClark] #6874628 08/31/17 02:16 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: MClark

Thank you

M

He's an expert on products he's never purchased or used. And insults people who have.......he will be along soon to try to deny all this but his post speaks for itself.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6874692 08/31/17 03:27 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: MClark

Thank you

M

He's an expert on products he's never purchased or used. And insults people who have.......he will be along soon to try to deny all this but his post speaks for itself.

Whatever. If trying to bring common sense about suits that supposedly block EMF body waves that supposedly alert animals and warning people against wasting their money makes me a bad guy, so be it. IMO the whole post is silly just as the notion of such a product actually being a benefit is silly. It's stupid on the face of it.

I haven't purchased a bullhorn to call deer by yelling "C'Mere deer!!!" into it either. That doesn't mean I don't know it's not a stupid thing to buy.

The product is unproven. A gimmick. A pig in a poke. Hunters hunt. Hunters know what works and what doesn't. Hunters don't try to buy success by falling for every stupid gimmick product that comes down the pike.

I said there's no science behind it. That's a true fact. That's a reasonable thing to point out in discussing a product's effectiveness. You want to show me some real science or just bit*h and moan as you always do when I post something?

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6875450 09/01/17 08:28 AM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: horn section
Just saw their show the other day and was curious if anyone uses or has used this camo? Seems like a gimmick to me but i usually feel this way about most products. Just curious to hear testimony, one way or the other, from real people that have used it. Thank you.

What don't you understand about the question the op asked above?

Have you used this product? If not, your opinion is not needed or wanted in this post. You bring this on yourself, it has nothing to do with me counselor.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6875499 09/01/17 12:21 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Thanks sheriff. up

Have you used it? Any opinions? Looks like you are just here to troll me.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6875509 09/01/17 12:47 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Seasons almost here...let's all try to make it cheers

As far as the suit, I agree with NP...while I might disagree with his delivery, I think he is on point.

As far as someone's opinion that hasn't used it, I'm not going to go buy every new product so I can speak on it. I'm going to let others do the research for me and form an opinion based on trusted sources.

Just like ozonics, carbon clothing, scent blockers, etc. If it works for you, outstanding! It doesn't take away from your opinion that I disagree or am skeptical, yours actually carries more weight IMO because you use one.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6875510 09/01/17 12:48 PM
D
DStroud Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
I have one it was a gift. Not very good quality IMO and I am certain it works as well as scentlock which is another all hype no substance product. But these type products are one part of the capitalist system Unfortunately. That's a small price to pay to have the freedoms we have I guess. If you can convince folks of something they want to believe they will spend lots of money on it.
Like right now all the panic over fuel is being driven by sheer rumor and the media and if folks would have gone about their normal routines there would have been no long lines and only an few isolated temporary outages of gas but now they have created a widespread panic so the shortage is created.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6876224 09/02/17 11:03 AM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Thanks sheriff. up

Have you used it? Any opinions? Looks like you are just here to troll me.

No I have not, which is why I didn't post an opinion on it. I opened this to hear opinions from people who have them or know others that do who have shared their experience with them.

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 09/02/17 11:04 AM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6876358 09/02/17 03:43 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Well, I won't post an opinion on the suit, but will post an opinion regarding science and testimonials on products like HEC suits scent locker, and Ozonics. The science behind all of these is questionable, particularly when being applied as they are in the field. This isn't opinion but fact. Testimonials are often grand. Many of the claimed testimonials are the same things you see happening elsewhere without such gear. Of course, you get the same such amazing testimonials with people's special blend bait concoctions, camo patterns, scent covers, you name it. Without a HEC suit, I have had deer walk within 3 yards of me and feed for nearly an hour. I have had rodents run across my legs and had a snake pass between my feet. More than once I have had raccoons try to get in the stand with me. As for swimming with sharks, here is the promotional video showing how amazingly well it works. Isn't this really amazing?????? How could a diver ever get so close to such terrifying and dangerous animals?

Now, here is a video of divers swimming with sharks as well, NO HECS suit. WARNING: Video not for the faint of heart.

Holy cow if divers interacted with sharks without a HECS suit. How could that be possible?

Simple, the proclaimed correlation between wearing the HECS and being able to swim with sharks is not causative. When you can get the same sorts of result by not using a given product, then that is an indication that the given product's claims are likely not as realistic as they have portrayed.

Shop smarter, not poorer.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6884827 09/12/17 11:05 AM
W
waderaider1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
I own the HECS and the GameHide camo with HECS. all I can say it has changed my hunting experience and those of my friends that have bought it. all animals act natural not scitish. squirells dont alarm. have had birds land on my head. Friend bow hunting a world class audad had it walk and stop 6 ft from him sitting in a chair on the ground. when he drew and spun on the ram it spun and looked at him and left. he was smart not to let fly. I am able to walk slowly and sit in my hay patch and watch deer. they do not pay attention to me. I have also had horses freak out when i wear the suit. like one other person said. walking to the blind in the mornings coons and such do not run.

Re: Hecs camo suit [Re: horn section] #6884938 09/12/17 01:40 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I'm sorry if my delivery is kinda harsh (I just consider it straightforward.) My intent is to be clear/explain my opinion about these types of unproven "hype" products. I've seen them come and I've seen them go by the hundreds since hunting became a commercial/TV industry.

Of a thousand that have come along, I can think of maybe 2 that have actually worked. (Thermacell comes to mind.)
If something actually works, you'll know it soon enough just by watching the market/reading the forums.

I just hate to see folks parted from their hard-earned money.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide