Print Thread
Opening Day impact by GAS shortage #6877249 09/03/17 04:57 PM
N
nocknload Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
N
I am so bummed. Haven't gone out this weekend due to gas shortage.
How many are hating themselves by doing the right thing by staying home??? mad

Last edited by nocknload; 09/03/17 04:58 PM.
Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877270 09/03/17 05:42 PM
O
Old_Town Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
O
We stayed home. I am hunting about 10 miles from the house tis weekend

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877302 09/03/17 06:36 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
All the gas is gone in Texas and there are no birds anywhere. Everybody should just stay home.

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877431 09/03/17 09:21 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Came and went as we pleased. Gas everywhere we went. Going again tomorrow. Gas everywhere I went today, the price is even coming down.

TV bad. Dove hunting good.
GO.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877472 09/03/17 10:31 PM
W
Wacm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
We left Dripping Springs on Thursday night after we all got off work. We saw all the cars at gas stations on our way out of town. We just figured it was crazy Austin folks. The media has done a number on people these days. You don't know what to believe anymore. So we roll out and decide we will fill up in Llano. When we get to Llano we were low on diesel. Like 20 miles to empty low. We pulled over in the middle of town and start calling gas stations. We find one 18 miles away but my bro was scared to run his truck out of diesel cause it will damage the truck. We had a friend with us who had triple A so we called and waited a few hours. While the tow drove in from Liberty Hill area. Tow driver said it's been a crazy night lots of wrecks from people sitting on the side of the road with their lights off. We just made sandwiches on the tailgate in the Lowes Market parking lot. We had to unhitched the trailer so the truck could be towed to the station. I waited with my UTV while my bro was towed. While waiting were approached by all sorts of weird people while we waited. Amazing how much attention we got by drunks while we waited.
When my bro got back we headed toward Abilene calling stations as we drove. Turns out Colman and anywhere North of there had plenty of fuel. Everyone was so happy to see us.

So we hunted and did everything we wanted to do. Had a great time. Shot limits every day. Now we are headed home and I've been calling around to make sure. Turns out Llano still has no diesel. We filled up in Brady and that will get us home.

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877486 09/03/17 10:55 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Lots of places still out today. Drove down 287 and didnt see any places with gas. Luckily I didn't need any. Bucees looked out too. Only had a few pumps open on Friday.

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877516 09/03/17 11:30 PM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Plenty of fuel out in Parker and Palo Pinto counties.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877524 09/03/17 11:43 PM
W
Windrider Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Stayed home. Ain't been hunting yet. I worked on my cars this weekend, which is another hobby that I enjoy.

I need to go hunting because I've researched enough Jeep projects to 'bout bankrupt me this weekend and started a few. Worse yet, bought parts for a few more.

Every station I've passed with gas today was full of cars, with maybe a couple folks waiting.

Thought for the day: Ducks were almost hunted to extinction long before camo was invented.
Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877802 09/04/17 11:07 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: nocknload

There was never a shortage of gas. The issue is everyone panicked, driven by social media (posts like this) and rushed to fill their tank. If everyone acted normal, including going dove hunting if they wanted to, there would not have been an issue.

Where I was in west Texas I never saw a line. From what I heard from my wife in Dallas on Friday all stations were out of gas, 2 days later no problem finding gas, so it is getting better now that everyone filled their tank. Most people fill their tank once a week, so if everyone rushes to fill their tank same day you will always have this problem. Not only that, everyone fill up the gas cans in their garage, and bought all the gas cans at Home Depot and filled them up too.

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: Txduckman] #6877812 09/04/17 11:38 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Txduckman
Lots of places still out today. Drove down 287 and didnt see any places with gas. Luckily I didn't need any. Bucees looked out too. Only had a few pumps open on Friday.

Check link below to see where there is gas. If I search for Dallas, 75 to 80 percent of the sations have gas.

http://tracker.gasbuddy.com/MobileSearch.aspx

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6877828 09/04/17 12:19 PM
H
Hogflyer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
I hope the publicly flog the outfit, or individual who started this gas craze thats sweeping all across texas, LA, Ark....
Engineer friend who works at Mobil says there is not shortage, fact is theres too much gas, soon refineries are going to switch to winter blend, yes price my jump for a short on that, prior to storm, demand was down, vacations winding down, people doing less driving. Supply and demand rules!

Now we are all effected!, now some clown purchased all the Ag diesel we buy in Brenham for your haying tractors, bailers.

What a wonderfull world of having a panic attack!

"Buy more ammo, save it for a rainy day."
Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6878261 09/04/17 09:29 PM
C
claypool Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
There as no gas shortage. Therefore no impact.

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6878298 09/04/17 10:32 PM
P
pervis Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
The birds heard about it so they panicked and left too. No gas keep moving!

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: pervis] #6878331 09/04/17 11:20 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: pervis
The birds heard about it so they panicked and left too. No gas keep moving!

Ha ha !! you're right

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: Guy] #6878333 09/04/17 11:21 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Guy

There was never a shortage of gas. The issue is everyone panicked, driven by social media (posts like this) and rushed to fill their tank. If everyone acted normal, including going dove hunting if they wanted to, there would not have been an issue.

Where I was in west Texas I never saw a line. From what I heard from my wife in Dallas on Friday all stations were out of gas, 2 days later no problem finding gas, so it is getting better now that everyone filled their tank. Most people fill their tank once a week, so if everyone rushes to fill their tank same day you will always have this problem. Not only that, everyone fill up the gas cans in their garage, and bought all the gas cans at Home Depot and filled them up too.

pretty much true !!! Allsups in Throckmorton had gas all weekend

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: Buzzsaw] #6878369 09/04/17 11:45 PM
B
bobcat1 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw

pretty much true !!! Allsups in Throckmorton had gas all weekend
Same for the Graham Walmart. They never ran out of gas. Diesel they did though.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6878416 09/05/17 12:30 AM
C
cy100 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Met few hunters than normal in the opening day, even the second day. The far we were from Austin, the more stations had gas smile We decided to go and got limit in the opening morning, Then, I filled my tank at Taylor before headed back and saw few stations had gas in Liberty Hill as well. No need to be panic.

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: Buzzsaw] #6878429 09/05/17 12:40 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Allsups in Throckmorton had gas all weekend

Allsups Stamford ran out of burritos sunday, some city slicker bought them all the guy said!

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: nocknload] #6878878 09/05/17 02:38 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Once I got to Decatur and points heading west there was no problem. Drove from Seymour to Snyder, too, and didn't have any problems. Luckily I had 3/4 tank when the "crisis" set in so I knew I could get out far enough. I did call a gas station in Wichita Falls before I left Thursday to check on them. The lady I spoke to had no idea why I was even asking.

Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: Guy] #6879116 09/05/17 06:35 PM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Allsups in Throckmorton had gas all weekend

Allsups Stamford ran out of burritos sunday, some city slicker bought them all the guy said!

I would kill for an Allsup's chimichanga right now. There was no gas crisis or dove here. After helping out with flood victims all week we snuck out Sunday and saw 4 dove in 2 hours. It was just nice to get out and relax.

Originally Posted by garrett
I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.
Re: Opening Day impact by GAS shortage [Re: Guy] #6879154 09/05/17 07:04 PM
Z
zaptorque Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Z
Originally Posted By: Txduckman

Check link below to see where there is gas. If I search for Dallas, 75 to 80 percent of the sations have gas.

http://tracker.gasbuddy.com/MobileSearch.aspx

for what it's worth - I tried using GasBuddy yesterday to find gas near me in Austin. The first 7 stations I tried that GasBuddy said had gas did not have any...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide