We have had 3 days of non-stop rain here (Deep East Texas), so when it cleared off this morning I thought I'd go check my cameras that haven't been tended to in that same amount of time.
At one my hog bait sites...I walked up to the tree I have a camera mounted on and it was missing!
There was also a pretty good sized dead limb lying at the base of the tree. So...I surmised the limb fell and peeled the camera off the tree, but I didn't see the camera laying there or anywhere nearby.
So...I went ahead and put out corn and then noticed the camera lying in the mud and water about 15 yds. from the tree where it is normally mounted.
From the looks of it...I figured it was a 'goner'. I don't know if the hogs pushed it around and away from the tree or if the rain water washed it that far, but either way...I assumed it was ruined.
I took it back to the house, pulled the SD card, dried it off, it was still good. Hosed the camera down with water, sprayed with Electrical Contact Cleaner, blew it as dry as I could get it with compressed air and them set it in front of a fan. The battery pack and the inside face of the unit both had moisture.
After a couple of hours drying, I thought I'd at least try it out. It still works (for now). No telling if it continue to work...as I suspect the 'guts' will eventually corrode, but for now...its still 'kicking'.