Forums46
Topics537,948
Posts9,730,961
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884423 09/11/17 09:37 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
^Correct

Also the tags should be numbered and youll want to use them in order

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884429 09/11/17 09:41 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Also a general hunting license and all required like HIP and Hunters ed will still be required from the hunter. Will also be good to have plenty of Wildlife resource documents around if hunters are just taking meat from the ranch

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884547 09/11/17 11:52 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
My understanding is that it doesn't matter which tag # you use, as long as you have them accounted for on the harvest log that you will turn in to your biologist when the season is over.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884602 09/12/17 12:54 AM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Some of you need to realize that there are TWO MLDP options this year. Harvest option and Management option. With the Harvest option HO, you can use your license tags for bucks if you did not apply for buck tags. You can only use them under regular season dates and regulations. We applied for doe tags only and will start doe hunting Sept 30 but cannot shoot a buck till opening of regular season, Nov 4. This information came straight from the county Game Warden.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884642 09/12/17 01:29 AM
S
ScrapIron Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
i completely understand how MLD works and the points made in all the above posts..HERE IS MY ISSUE.

the LMA/MLDP stated i should recieve 2 bucks and 6 does on my smaller property. OK i agree with that. i accepted the enrollment.

when i recieved the email my tags were ready to print i logged back into the LMA website. when the tags printed complete with watermarks i had 4 BUCK and 12 ANTERLESS............DOUBLE THE TAGS THE STATE SAYS I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ISSUED.all information on the tags is correct (property name,location, my name etc)

so now i have double the issued tags and none are duplicates. am i bound by the amount of tags they gave me to print or the numbers the website says i agreed too? theres a huge difference there especially if i harvest a 3rd buck or 7th doe, get stopped by the GW, and the tag isnt valid.

if i cant get an answer from them im just gonna take myself outta the program on the 15th

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884856 09/12/17 12:09 PM
Txhunter65 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Is the biologist not returning your phone calls?

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884947 09/12/17 01:50 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
You do not have to use all of the tags. In the end, it's up to the landowner.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884955 09/12/17 02:06 PM
S
slippinaround Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Email or call your biologist and tell him your concern. Also as stated above you do not have to use all of the permits---Its just a recommendation. If I were you I would stick to the old original recommendedation until you hear back from your biologist.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6884971 09/12/17 02:26 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Scrap iron
i completely understand how MLD works and the points made in all the above posts..HERE IS MY ISSUE.

the LMA/MLDP stated i should recieve 2 bucks and 6 does on my smaller property. OK i agree with that. i accepted the enrollment.

when i recieved the email my tags were ready to print i logged back into the LMA website. when the tags printed complete with watermarks i had 4 BUCK and 12 ANTERLESS............DOUBLE THE TAGS THE STATE SAYS I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ISSUED.all information on the tags is correct (property name,location, my name etc)

so now i have double the issued tags and none are duplicates. am i bound by the amount of tags they gave me to print or the numbers the website says i agreed too? theres a huge difference there especially if i harvest a 3rd buck or 7th doe, get stopped by the GW, and the tag isnt valid.

if i cant get an answer from them im just gonna take myself outta the program on the 15th

That is a question for TPWD not a hunting forum. up

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: txbobcat] #6884990 09/12/17 02:49 PM
H
hunting_guy Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
Originally Posted By: Scrap iron

That is a question for TPWD not a hunting forum. up

Agreed. Our biologist Derrick Wolter is awesome and usually answers my e-mails on the same day.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6888046 09/15/17 10:38 AM
O
Old Stony Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
This whole changeup in the system this year...I have to agree is a total mess. I am managing 1,800 acres and participated in the LAMPS program prior to this year. I spoke to our local warden about helping me through the whole mess and he said he would "get with me" to help work it all out. That was about a month ago and I don't expect any further from him.
I normally have given out doe tags to friends that I let use the properties I manage, but it looks like this year it isn't going to happen.
I feed about 1,000 lbs of corn a month, so it's obvious I am feeding a lot of deer. I try to manage the properties as well as I can, but it looks like the does are on their own now.
I must just be from the old school, but it seems to me that some new boy just out of college has taken over the whole mess and has screwed up the whole system! Have any others virtually dropped out of the doe managing on their properties?

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: Old Stony] #6888282 09/15/17 03:11 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Old Stony
This whole changeup in the system this year...I have to agree is a total mess. I am managing 1,800 acres and participated in the LAMPS program prior to this year. I spoke to our local warden about helping me through the whole mess and he said he would "get with me" to help work it all out. That was about a month ago and I don't expect any further from him.
I normally have given out doe tags to friends that I let use the properties I manage, but it looks like this year it isn't going to happen.
I feed about 1,000 lbs of corn a month, so it's obvious I am feeding a lot of deer. I try to manage the properties as well as I can, but it looks like the does are on their own now.
I must just be from the old school, but it seems to me that some new boy just out of college has taken over the whole mess and has screwed up the whole system! Have any others virtually dropped out of the doe managing on their properties?

Its not hard to sign up...are you saying you wont get "enough" permits or that you cant figure out how to sign up online?

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6888724 09/15/17 10:47 PM
O
Old Stony Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
I think the whole system is very confusing this year. Now it's too late to apply for the permits anyway, so I guess my hunters are on their own. A warden told me he would help me get through it all over a month ago, but today he decided it was too late and...oh well? He said maybe next year.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6888777 09/16/17 12:13 AM
S
ScrapIron Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
No return calls ffrom biologists after 6 messages left over the last month and half. They gave me double the tags and they are all legal and have the watermarks so I'm gonna use them I guess. I'll keep the emails etc for a paper trail.
The whole thing is just a damn mess.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6888818 09/16/17 01:19 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
The roll out has been every bit as successful as Obamacare.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6888973 09/16/17 08:21 AM
O
Old Stony Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we would be required to employ a lawyer to interpret all the BS involved and advise us how to stay legal. I don't care if I ever shoot another doe...but others do and TPW is virtually out of touch with landowners and hunters as far as I am concerned.

Re: to those who have signed up for MLD??????? [Re: ScrapIron] #6889420 09/17/17 12:48 AM
F
fishbait Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
F
I am lucky I have a great biologist ...he answers my questions in short order. I am not sure of the reason for the new system but I will do what I can and hope I have done the right thing.
As far as having to use all the doe permits...It is still up to you the hunter...if ya think you dont have the number of does to use all the tags. Dont use them(thats your responsibility)...You will have to answer why you didn't , I think that is what will be happening. We will be using management tags for does and regular tx licenses for bucks. It is my understanding you will accept the recommended tags...bucks or does or both. I am going to try to be patient...I think in the long run this will be more user friendly than the old system...or it could be. Time will tell.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide