Print Thread
Best hunting prank #6864325 08/22/17 12:49 AM
P
Palehorse Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Last year, I was able to pull off the best hunting prank of my illustrious career. I took a younger fella from work hog hunting with me because he had never been. I was able to put him on to a hog which he dropped. Back at the skinning shed, several of us were gathered while I instructed him on how to dress out a hog.
We had the sow hung from the gambrel and I showed him where to make the cuts up the belly and the legs. I then told him to stick his finger into the hogs rectum. He did it right up to the second knuckle without hesitating or asking why. I told him that there was really no reason for that, I just wanted to see if I could get him to stick his finger up a hogs butt. He still hasn't forgiven me.

Lets hear your best prank.

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864347 08/22/17 01:11 AM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
Last year, I was able to pull off the best hunting prank of my illustrious career. I took a younger fella from work hog hunting with me because he had never been. I was able to put him on to a hog which he dropped. Back at the skinning shed, several of us were gathered while I instructed him on how to dress out a hog.
We had the sow hung from the gambrel and I showed him where to make the cuts up the belly and the legs. I then told him to stick his finger into the hogs rectum. He did it right up to the second knuckle without hesitating or asking why. I told him that there was really no reason for that, I just wanted to see if I could get him to stick his finger up a hogs butt. He still hasn't forgiven me.

Lets hear your best prank.

clap

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864351 08/22/17 01:15 AM
W
Walkabout Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Ed was ALWAYS the butt of my pranks. Found a ginormas but beautiful full shed from an Indigo. Gently placed that skin under the covers at the foot of Ed's bunk and neatly remade the bunk. After a late night of cards , we all turn in. I must have been 30 or 40 minutes before the light comes on and Ed is on his way to his truck. Don't think he ever had another good nights sleep in that bunk house.

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864373 08/22/17 01:30 AM
S
Stratgolfer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I had a mannequin head that we used for my son's halloween party. I painted it black and the eyes I painted with a glow in the dark paint. I attached it onto a coat hanger and stuck it in a guys blind. It was looking at him when he came through the door.

"I was called by the Yorkers a outlaw, and later by the english a rebel" Ethan Allen
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864394 08/22/17 01:45 AM
B
BayouGuy Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
One of the guys in our lease is always chiding the rest of us who arrive at our box stands shortly before first light, bragging that he always arrives at least thirty minutes before first light so the deer never know he's there. I put some cracker balls (fireworks) around the wheels of the office chair in his stand. The deer knew he was there that morning. He's still trying to find out who did it.

If you can't laugh at yourself, give me a call. I'll gladly laugh at you.

"I keep trying to see Nancy Pelosi's and Chuck Schumer's point of view,
but I can't seem to get my head that far up my [censored]." Senator John Kennedy, Louisiana
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: BayouGuy] #6864420 08/22/17 02:00 AM
L
LonestarCobra Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
We had a guy that couldn't keep bragging about his game cam. Two of us rented a gorilla costume and we got this great big guy at work to put it on and walk by his feeder one late night. A week later, he asked if anything had shown up on my camera. I told him just juvenile deer and dropped it. He asked again an hour later. He never went out there for a morning hunt again unless someone was with him. That was in about 2006, and we still haven't owned up to it and he hasn't said a word either.

Another funny, not a prank though- One of the guys brought his wife out for the weekend. After the morning hunt we were sitting around talking about what all we saw. When he said nothing, not a dam thing, I replied to him "heck no you didn't, y'all were too busy ......." His wife punched him in the arm
And said "see, I told you someone was watching". Of course I was kidding with them, and she told on herself.

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864433 08/22/17 02:07 AM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Used to cut the head off of harvested pheasants and stick it on a stick or hanger in 6-8" grass off the side of a country road, then sit back and watch the road hunters slam on their brakes and bail out of their vehicle. P_102

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864807 08/22/17 01:25 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I didn't pull this prank but it is the best one I've ever been told about.

Four Bassmaster Elite Series pros were on a deer hunt down on in STX. Their host, the other three anglers (who had hunted the ranch previously) and one of the hosts hands were in on the prank.

They're riding around in the highrack one day when one of them asks the host, "do y'all see many border crossers on the ranch" too which he replied, "we used to have a bunch of them until we started shooting them on sight". The three anglers all high fived and he77s yeah, while the fourth angler remained silent. As they rounded a curve on a sendero, the host said "LOOK! There's one of those sumbbeches, hand me that rifle"! He promptly took aim and fired. The border crosser down the sendero grabbed his gut, bent over, stumbled around and fled into the brush. Everyone except the angler being pranked was hooping and hollering like the host had just shot a 180 inch buck. So the host hauls azz down to the spot (top drive vehicle) and there is blood in the road and leading off into the brush. He grabs a shotgun, gets off the top drive and takes off into the brush. There's a bit of hollering back and forth in the brush and then BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The host comes back out of the brush and states that he had finished the bastage off. He opens the cooler, grabs a beer and passes them around to the four other guys. One of them says "what are we gonna do now"? The host replies he'll have some of his hands burn the body and bury the remains that afternoon. He looks at the others and states that what just happened must remain their secret, to which the three anglers in on the prank reply " we're not saying a darned thing to anyone". The pranked angler is sitting there big eyed and mouth breathing when the others turn to him and say, "Your with us on this, right Greg?" to which he replies "I DON'T KNOW ABOUT ALL THAT!", obviously pizzed and scared. He asked to be returned to camp and then they let him off the hook. The hosts "helper" had a bag of blood from a pig they had killed hidden in his shirt and that's where all the blood came from. The pranked angler was Greg Hackney from Gonzales, La. and this was his first trip into the brush country. The other three shall remain nameless.

Still the greatest hunting prank I've ever heard of.

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Stratgolfer] #6864822 08/22/17 01:38 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Stratgolfer
I had a mannequin head that we used for my son's halloween party. I painted it black and the eyes I painted with a glow in the dark paint. I attached it onto a coat hanger and stuck it in a guys blind. It was looking at him when he came through the door.

I would have fell off the ladder.

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864879 08/22/17 02:28 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
The best prank we did was on our old lease when sleeping at night. We had a really small, hand made 4 person cabin we slept in. One of the older guys on the top bunk always had to pee in the middle of the night. So he kept a small coffee can with a lid on it in his top bunk to pee in, in bed. Each night, you would wake up to him peeing in the tin can with an increase in the sound of the pitch as he pee'd. His son-in-law (yes, his son-in-law, which made it even funnier) took a church key and poked a hole in the bottom of this coffee can. We go to bed, and in the middle of the night wake up to him pee'ing again. But this time, there is no change in the pitch of the coffee can, just a low monotone sound. About 5-10 seconds into it, he starts hollering and screaming curse words! To keep from pee'ing more, he clamps it shut and very quickly gets down off the top bunk and makes it to the front door to finish his business. I woke up to the monotone sound, and smiled. Then he started screaming and going ballistic to the front door. The more mad he got, the harder we laughed. He had to change his sleeping bag and sheets out after that. But that was the funniest prank I'd seen.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864934 08/22/17 03:11 PM
J
jrgocards Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
best one I ever heard about went wrong quick.

Mickey Mantle talked Billy Martin into going hunting with him on a ranch in OK. Mantle went in to talk to the owner (a friend of his). The owner told him he was welcome as always to hunt on his ranch, but he wanted Mickey to do him a favor and shoot an old mule of his that needed to be put down.

Mickey comes out swearing that the sob won't let him hunt there anymore and say's he'll show him - aims, fires and kills the mule. And before Mickey can stop him - Billy being the team player he was, dropped a couple cows.

They both claim it's a true story.

JR

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864938 08/22/17 03:17 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I've heard that story so many times with different characters that I don't think it's true. Grant Teaff (former Baylor football coach) told that same story on himself and one of his assistants at my spring football banquet in 1977.

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864962 08/22/17 03:36 PM
R
rdhibbs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Jerry Clower told that story as well, But that guy shot a prize bull. grin

Thank You
Robert

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864977 08/22/17 03:50 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I heard Justin Wilson the Cajun chef tell that one os well.

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6864998 08/22/17 04:02 PM
C
CitySlickerHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Greg Valentino on YouTube told that story w/ some prized pigs. confused

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6865056 08/22/17 04:54 PM
S
Schpanky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Planning a prank for this year....I have a great recording of a little girl giggling and laughing.....I'm going to set my bluetooth speaker about 20 yards or so from the camper off in the woods....I'll hit play shortly after we bed down for the night....it don't seem like much, but I assure you my brother will tear the door off the camper and smash the lease gate getting out of there....the sound of the little kids laughing outside the tent on Blair Witch Project freaked him out bad so this should be fun.

Little Girl Laughing

Last edited by Schpanky; 08/22/17 05:01 PM.
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6865077 08/22/17 05:05 PM
S
Stratgolfer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I'm thinking of duct taping one of those little air horn cans under the one office chair we keep in the kitchen.....

"I was called by the Yorkers a outlaw, and later by the english a rebel" Ethan Allen
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6865080 08/22/17 05:06 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Pretty good stuff here, keep them coming!

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: DirtNapTET] #6865344 08/22/17 09:11 PM
L
LonestarCobra Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
A good simple one is to just put a piece of brass from a rifle nobody on the lease shoots in some ones stand. They worry about it for days.

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6865369 08/22/17 09:46 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Hunted with a group of good friends on a large ranch with a house. One was a pretty hard sleeper, and went to bed early while the rest of us stayed up late drinking beer and smoking cigars. One night, around midnight, we cleaned up our empties, made a pan of biscuits, then snuck in and changed his alarm clock. A few minutes later he came out, groggy/half-asleep, scarfed down a biscuit, grabbed his gear, and headed to the blind on his ATV. We watched his headlights wind down the hill.

After about 30 minutes we saw the lights coming back up the hill. He was pretty good natured and not too mad. That was almost 15 years ago, and I am still on guard for payback.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Dalroo] #6865386 08/22/17 09:58 PM
E
ETXHunter56 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
E
Originally Posted By: Dalroo
Hunted with a group of good friends on a large ranch with a house. One was a pretty hard sleeper, and went to bed early while the rest of us stayed up late drinking beer and smoking cigars. One night, around midnight, we cleaned up our empties, made a pan of biscuits, then snuck in and changed his alarm clock. A few minutes later he came out, groggy/half-asleep, scarfed down a biscuit, grabbed his gear, and headed to the blind on his ATV. We watched his headlights wind down the hill.

After about 30 minutes we saw the lights coming back up the hill. He was pretty good natured and not too mad. That was almost 15 years ago, and I am still on guard for payback.

now thats funny right there! might try that this year.

"I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat f'n carrots" -Ron White
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6865636 08/23/17 02:00 AM
A
activescrape Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
took my 13 year old nephew turkey hunting, his first time. He got a hen, Coleman county fall hunt. He was pumped. We were overnighting in a tent. I got a fire going and started dressing the turkey on the tailgate by flashlight. I was tearing the skin to get to the breast and saw the skinless neck and got an idea. I cut it off full length, about 5" long, slightly curved, pinkish and put it between the turkeys legs and I go , "Come look at this Kevin," He came over and I pointed to it and said, "look, it was a big male." His jaw dropped and he just goes "Gol dang, that's unbelievable. His is bigger than mine." It was everything I could do to not bust out laughing. He talked about that for the next two day sand I told him on the way home to save him some embarrassment.

Last edited by activescrape; 08/23/17 02:20 PM.

"It's not dyin' I'm talkin' about Woodrow, it's livin'!"
Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6867465 08/24/17 07:30 PM
P
pdugas Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
I didn"t actually see this ,but heard about it from some guys I work with. They were at their deer camp and one of their members had part of his colon removed due to cancer. He had a bag on his side and everybody knew it. What they didnt know was he had taken a clean bag and put a melted Baby Ruth bar in it and put it under his shirt. After supper that night he pushed away from the table and said "now for a little dessert ". He reached in the bag and pulled out the melted candy bar and started to eat it. Everyone ran outside gagging !!!

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: Palehorse] #6867689 08/24/17 10:21 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Not a very safe one but one year down in San Saba we were all sitting around the campfire. One guy took out a rifle round fumbled with it for a while and said, "wonder what would happen if I throw this into the fire?" Of course everyone chimed in, some said "nothing, some said "it will go off!!!"

so, the guy with the cartridge had a small bundle of gun powder, said "I'm doin it!!!" He threw the pouch of gunpowder in the fire, right when it flared, another guy who snuck away fired his handgun. I grabbed my chest, screamed and fell out of my chair on the ground.

Needless to say the 4 guys who weren't in on it FREEEEEKED out. When they realized it was a prank they were relieved but PISSED !!!

Re: Best hunting prank [Re: pdugas] #6867736 08/24/17 11:18 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: pdugas
I didn"t actually see this ,but heard about it from some guys I work with. They were at their deer camp and one of their members had part of his colon removed due to cancer. He had a bag on his side and everybody knew it. What they didnt know was he had taken a clean bag and put a melted Baby Ruth bar in it and put it under his shirt. After supper that night he pushed away from the table and said "now for a little dessert ". He reached in the bag and pulled out the melted candy bar and started to eat it. Everyone ran outside gagging !!!

Good one.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide