438057 Topics
6033591 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6861046 - 08/18/17 06:02 PM Arrowhead hunting
SapperTitan Online   content
Taking Requests

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
Short and to the point I would like to find a spot to do a little arrowhead hunting without paying for it. What I will offer is help cutting and clearing brush, helping to fill feeders, help fixing deer stands that sort of stuff for the chance to do some arrowhead hunting. I will treat the property as if it were mine and leave it as clean or cleaner than when I arrived. Just think it would be cool to maybe find a few artifacts with my son. If interested shoot me a PM.

#6861048 - 08/18/17 06:07 PM Re: Arrowhead hunting [Re: SapperTitan]
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Greenville, TX
You live in one of the best counties for artifacts. Hop in a creek and search the gravel bars. You can usually park at a bridge and walk right down. Some of the nicest personal finds I've ever seen were from creeks in your area.

#6861051 - 08/18/17 06:11 PM Re: Arrowhead hunting [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn]
Taking Requests

Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn
You live in one of the best counties for artifacts. Hop in a creek and search the gravel bars. You can usually park at a bridge and walk right down. Some of the nicest personal finds I've ever seen were from creeks in your area.
Ill have to look into the laws first bc I'm not totally familiar with Texas laws when it comes to artifact hunting. I use to look for them growing up in FL but a couple yrs ago they changed the laws and hunting for artifacts is against the law in public water sources or something along those lines.

Thats why I was hoping to find some private property to look.

Edited by SapperTitan (08/18/17 06:11 PM)

#6861060 - 08/18/17 06:29 PM Re: Arrowhead hunting [Re: SapperTitan]
Pro Tracker

I've been collecting for over 20 years. PM me if you want any info.

#6861064 - 08/18/17 06:39 PM Re: Arrowhead hunting [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn]
sallysue Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Belton Tx
If its Corp land no way

#6861124 - 08/18/17 07:48 PM Re: Arrowhead hunting [Re: sallysue]
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: sallysue
If its Corp land no way

You're right about that. Texas doesn't have strict antiquities laws, but corps land is off limits. You have to do a little research to find the right creek or river. That's still easier than clearing brush and filling feeders to walk around on hundreds or thousands of acres, hoping to find a camp on the surface. If it was that easy, people wouldn't pay $300 PER DAY day to dig on some leases. But what do I know, I only have over 6,000 personal finds. confused2

#6861128 - 08/18/17 07:54 PM Re: Arrowhead hunting [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn]
Taking Requests

Originally Posted By: sallysue
If its Corp land no way

You're right about that. Texas doesn't have strict antiquities laws, but corps land is off limits. You have to do a little research to find the right creek or river. That's still easier than clearing brush and filling feeders to walk around on hundreds or thousands of acres, hoping to find a camp on the surface. If it was that easy, people wouldn't pay $300 PER DAY day to dig on some leases. But what do I know, I only have over 6,000 personal finds. confused2
I don't think any body questioned your knowledge on the subject so not sure why you got defensive. Personally I'd rather look on private property so I can mitigate the chances of being in the wrong place or something like that. Just my choice. Once I do some research I may change my mind.

#6861130 - 08/18/17 07:55 PM Re: Arrowhead hunting [Re: SapperTitan]
Simple Searcher Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Helotes, Hext
Dang it, I just sold a place with a biggo Indian mound on it, it was stinkin' huge. I have a bucket full of points and several frames full from it. And I need some clearing done. bang

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark

#6864500 - 08/21/17 09:57 PM Re: Arrowhead hunting [Re: SapperTitan]
Taking Requests

up

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide