facebook
Forum Stats
62662 Members
46 Forums
438272 Topics
6036549 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6854594 - 08/13/17 08:45 AM Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
Last week's local newpaper, the Palestine Herald-Press contained the July edition of the Palestine Magazine,a slick glossy magazine who focus's on Anderson County things and events, who's cover story and 4 page article was all about the upcoming Master National Retriever Trials. LOT's of great photo's and an explanation of what the Master National is all about.

Scheduled for October 12th thru October 22, the 10 day event is anticipating "roughly 850 dogs and handlers" as competitors, at The Big Woods on the Trinity 7500 acre hunting and corporate retreat resort. As mentioned in the article, the Big Woods property is large enough to run 6 events at the same time. Lots of other wildlife can be seen on the property too.

According to the Palestine Magazine article the event is open to the Public - with no entry fee's mentioned, with public attendence rules that IMO are just pure common sense to prevent the competitor dogs from being distracted: like No White Shirts or Clothing & dark or camo style clothing suggested, no non competing dogs on the property, PGA style whisper levels of conversation, cell phones turned off, staying only on the marked trails, and while attendee children are allowed, but not allowed to run around without supervision "this is NOT a Saturday trip to the local park".

I'd suggest that for further information you might try and see what is available thru the HeraldPress's home page @ "palestineherald.com".

I'll probably be attending several days with family and out of town interested friends, but don't have a schedule yet, and am not participating in the competion.
Ron

... we must hang together, or we will ALL hang seperately, Ben Franklin..

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it,Santayana

#6854762 - 08/13/17 11:52 AM Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote]
ken starling Online   content
Woodsman

We will be going to watch as well. My dog is nowhere near that level, but it is pretty cool to see these dogs work . The events I have attended are a real family friendly type of event. Should be a good time

#6854828 - 08/13/17 01:08 PM Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote]
nak Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: DFW
Trying to decide if I should rent my cabin and 50 amp trailer hookup out for this, or if I want to go out to watch

#6855494 - 08/14/17 07:29 AM Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: nak]
bill oxner Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Katy-Fulshear
Originally Posted By: nak
Trying to decide if I should rent my cabin and 50 amp trailer hookup out for this, or if I want to go out to watch

There was a thread by a guy who had a cabin to rent last year on the OT forum.

#6856675 - 08/14/17 10:13 PM Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote]
kbobbjr Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Josephine, Tx
You can only run the Master National if your dog is qualified. You should go watch so you can see the greatest hunt test dogs run! The grounds are awesome and so will will the dogs!
www.castilecreekkennels.com
www.facebook.com/castilecreekkennels

#6858259 - 08/16/17 07:59 AM Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote]
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
Lots of local interest here in Dogwood Country...it'll be interesting to see hwo all shows up.
Ron

... we must hang together, or we will ALL hang seperately, Ben Franklin..

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it,Santayana

#6859752 - 08/17/17 01:38 PM Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: bill oxner]
nak Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: DFW
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Originally Posted By: nak

There was a thread by a guy who had a cabin to rent last year on the OT forum.

I had a OT thread a couple of months ago...trying to figure out what price made it worth it.
The "I hate folks I don't know messing with my stuff" vs "There could be some really good money in it" thread.

Since then, a couple of my friends would like to spend a few days there and go as spectators. They pay in Whiskey and Good Conversation 2cents

#6883991 - 09/11/17 09:47 AM Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote]
Gully Offline
Light Foot

http://www.masternational.com/

Here is a link to the event with a schedule of events

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide