Forum Stats
62375 Members
46 Forums
435048 Topics
5991857 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#6853924 - 08/12/17 01:35 PM When I hear "Africa" I think....
Kingsview Safaris Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Eastern Cape, South Africa
When you hear about Africa or hunting the Dark Continent, what springs to mind?....

#6853927 - 08/12/17 01:39 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
Sneaky Online   content
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
Big, mean, Cape buffalo. Can't get them off my mind.

#6853946 - 08/12/17 01:55 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Fairfield, TX
Political unrest and poverty....

"Death is permanent...everything else is temporary!"

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"

#6853951 - 08/12/17 02:11 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
Hirogen Offline
Tracker

Loc: Ontario, Grey County
Originally Posted By: Kingsview Safaris
When you hear about Africa or hunting the Dark Continent, what springs to mind?....

Been to Africa 12 times and lived in East Africa for a few years. Worked in or visited 10 different countries including a stint in South Sudan during their civil war and one in Rwanda a year after the genocide. Mostly what comes to mind is crushing poverty, corruption, war, malaria and orphans. That being said it is also a continent of vast beauty, diversity and people with indomitable spirits and incredible wills to survive. Never hunted in all my time over there but was lucky enough to see the wildebeests migrate on the Serengeti and watch the sunrise from the summit of Kilimanjaro. Truly an incredible place that holds a special place in my heart and if given the chance would love to do a free range Eland hunt.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend

#6853960 - 08/12/17 02:29 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
SapperTitan Online   content
Taking Requests

Loc: Killeen/Ft Hood, TX
First thing that come to mind for me is no thanks

#6853961 - 08/12/17 02:30 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants

Loc: Kingwood
Hakuna Matata

#6854005 - 08/12/17 03:24 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Hirogen]
Woodsman

Originally Posted By: Hirogen

Been to Africa 12 times and lived in East Africa for a few years. Worked in or visited 10 different countries including a stint in South Sudan during their civil war and one in Rwanda a year after the genocide. Mostly what comes to mind is crushing poverty, corruption, war, malaria and orphans. That being said it is also a continent of vast beauty, diversity and people with indomitable spirits and incredible wills to survive. Never hunted in all my time over there but was lucky enough to see the wildebeests migrate on the Serengeti and watch the sunrise from the summit of Kilimanjaro. Truly an incredible place that holds a special place in my heart and if given the chance would love to do a free range Eland hunt.

I would enjoy sitting around a fire with you my friend and listening to your stories.

#6854006 - 08/12/17 03:25 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: SnakeWrangler]
Woodsman

Originally Posted By: SnakeWrangler

roflmao spot on!

But there is more to it.

#6854022 - 08/12/17 03:42 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: SnakeWrangler]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Graham to Arlington
hell that could be about any country

#6854023 - 08/12/17 03:42 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Graham to Arlington
Zebras, kudu, warthogs, and tiger fish

#6854068 - 08/12/17 04:38 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: SapperTitan]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
First thing that come to mind for me is no thanks

I am with Sapper, in my lifetime I have been to enough foreign countries. Some good, some were of the bottom of outhouse quality.

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman________

#6854078 - 08/12/17 04:44 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: SnakeWrangler]
Palehorse Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Surfside Beach, TX

There's quite a bit of that in our very own Bunker.
“He grouped his last five shots right in the center of the bull’s-eye. Then I showed him my technique of scattering shots randomly around the target because, as I explained, you never know which way the deer might jump just as you pull the trigger.”

#6854082 - 08/12/17 04:47 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
blackcoal Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: 60 Mi North of DFW

#6854083 - 08/12/17 04:51 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Hirogen]
Creekrunner Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Originally Posted By: Hirogen

Sounds like you need to book a Lord Derby eland hunt badly. You've certainly earned it, and you probably know more about Africa than any "Yank" on this forum. I know an excellent PH that does them. If he can't, I've hunted with his buddy and he's equally as good. 'Nothing in it for me; I'm no broker. Just PM me if you can swing it.
...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

#6854090 - 08/12/17 04:56 PM Re: When I hear "Africa" I think.... [Re: Kingsview Safaris]
maximus_flavius Offline
Tracker

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide