5993597 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6853483 - 08/11/17 08:45 PM Brass Annealing Service
RiverRider Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Wise Co.
I can and will anneal your rifle brass.

Maybe you don't shoot and reload enough to justify the cost of an annealing machine, or maybe you just don't have the time to fool with it...that does not mean you have to carry on without the benefits of periodically annealing case necks.

There are two major benefits of annealing case necks:

The first benefit is case life. Repeated firing and resizing of rifle brass will work-harden case necks, sometimes causing premature case failure. Case necks may split upon firing, sometimes during resizing, and sometimes when bullets are seated. This is due to the work-hardening of the case necks which makes them brittle, eventually leading to cracks and splitting.

The other major benefit of annealing your brass is that you will get more consistent bullet pull from case to case. Inconsistent bullet pull can wreck accuracy because of the way it affects powder burn. If bullet pull is inconsistent, velocity can vary enough to have deleterious influence on accuracy---and particularly at longer ranges.

Annealing is not necessary after each firing, but if it's done correctly that won't hurt a thing. The general consensus seems to suggest annealing after every third or fourth firing is the best practice. I believe you can get by fine stretching the cycle out a bit if you're primarily concerned with case life only, but I can't recommend any frequency other than every their or fourth firing---the concern being neck splits.

So, here is what I have for those interested:

- I will anneal your cases for $10 per hundred, or ten cents each.
- You will be responsible for all shipping costs.
- I will accept shipments by any means you choose as long as no signature is required for delivery and as long as I do not have to go somewhere and pick it up.
- All returns will be via Flat Rate Priority Mail.
- If you wish to pay via Paypal, use the "gift" option for sending money OR add the premium they charge otherwise.
- I'll accept USPS Money Orders or personal checks as payment, but I may hold orders until checks clear.
- If you want to have some brass annealed, please PM me and let me know how many pieces and I will provide a shipping address and other contact information, and I will give you my best guess at the turnaround time.
- If I have to punch live primers, I will charge extra.

At present I am equipped to anneal cases from .222 Remington length to .30-06 length, which would include some of the belted magnums. I will be ordering the accessories I need to handle longer cases ASAP.

PM me if interested.

Originally Posted By: Ronald Reagan
It's not that liberals are not smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so.

#6854732 - 08/13/17 11:22 AM Re: Brass Annealing Service for Handloaders [Re: RiverRider]
THF Trophy Hunter

For those who just haunt the forums as a Guest, as an alternative to a PM on a THF account, email me:

awynn55 at yahoo dot com

It's not that liberals are not smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so.

#6859892 - 08/17/17 04:13 PM Re: Brass Annealing Service for Handloaders [Re: RiverRider]
THF Trophy Hunter

Up

#6859920 - 08/17/17 04:39 PM Re: Brass Annealing Service for Handloaders [Re: RiverRider]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
I got a bunch of 338 brass for you. Still.

I have a short attention spa

#6866821 - 08/23/17 09:19 PM Re: Brass Annealing Service for Handloaders [Re: RiverRider]
THF Trophy Hunter

Up for the week.

coffee

#6869846 - 08/26/17 07:02 PM Re: Brass Annealing Service for Handloaders [Re: RiverRider]
THF Trophy Hunter

Up for the weekend.

If anyone needs brass annealed, I'd like you to know that I have gas.
I mean propane. wink

slinger

#6883477 - 09/10/17 06:35 PM Re: Brass Annealing Service for Handloaders [Re: RiverRider]
THF Trophy Hunter

Up for a gorgeous Sunday afternoon.

texas

#6888657 - 09/15/17 04:16 PM Re: Brass Annealing Service for Handloaders [Re: RiverRider]
THF Trophy Hunter

Up for the weekend

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide