Forums46
Topics537,935
Posts9,730,853
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: You take care of your hunters and they will take care of you [Re: aeb] #6851195 08/10/17 12:57 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: You take care of your hunters and they will take care of you [Re: Navasot] #6851676 08/10/17 03:07 PM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Navasot
That's just good people all the way around... to many expect to much without giving any back.. these hunters doing something without hesitation of a payback and just the satisfaction of knowing they did a good thing.. that's good people.. and they show this to you as respect because credit was due

Nailed it.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: You take care of your hunters and they will take care of you [Re: Wilhunt] #6852513 08/11/17 03:27 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Wilhunt
Originally Posted By: joebass2
We did the same things for our landowner for 15 years. Built an inside shower in the cabin, brought in a new stove, frig, etc., helped around the place and helped with the stock. My FIL even gave the son's daughters a couple custom rifles. The landowner died, the son inherited it, and tripled the price on us. So there.

On the plus side you had 15 years of a very good relationship. Too bad things sometimes change negatively when the heirs get control of property.

Or were y'all getting it dirt cheap and the son "updated" the pricing accordingly?

Re: You take care of your hunters and they will take care of you [Re: aeb] #6852532 08/11/17 03:50 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: aeb
Some of you probably know that I am hobbling around after knee replacement and my daughter is laid up after getting rear-ended by a truck. Things are sorta in a mess but my hunters are coming to the rescue. Two of the guys drove 350 miles round trip Sunday to offload 2500 pounds of Antlermax into seven of the feeders that were empty. Another group is coming this weekend to finish work on the new feeding pens. I just ran out of time and didn't get the stations finished. I have often read stories on the forum regarding problems between hunters and landowners. Each time I read stories, I tell myself that is not the person I want to be. I guess it worked.

Sounds to me like these guys want to feed these deer some protein and hunt stands with a pen around the feeder. I don't think they rescued you from anything. Anyone would do the same.

Good luck with the leg. Do the rehab like they tell you to and you'll be 100% in no time. I'm sure you know JAMES Scott over there. He had knee replacement a few months ago and was working on compressors at Nortex, Moran in no time.

Last edited by scalebuster; 08/11/17 04:09 AM.
Re: You take care of your hunters and they will take care of you [Re: scalebuster] #6852540 08/11/17 04:04 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: scalebuster
Originally Posted By: aeb
Some of you probably know that I am hobbling around after knee replacement and my daughter is laid up after getting rear-ended by a truck. Things are sorta in a mess but my hunters are coming to the rescue. Two of the guys drove 350 miles round trip Sunday to offload 2500 pounds of Antlermax into seven of the feeders that were empty. Another group is coming this weekend to finish work on the new feeding pens. I just ran out of time and didn't get the stations finished. I have often read stories on the forum regarding problems between hunters and landowners. Each time I read stories, I tell myself that is not the person I want to be. I guess it worked.

Sounds to me like these guys want to feed these deer some protein and hunt stands with a pen around the feeder. I don't think they rescued you from anything. Anyone would do the same.

Good luck with the leg. Do the rehab like they tell you to and you'll be 100% in no time. I'm sure you know JAMES Scott over there. He had knee replacement a few months ago and was working on compressors at aborted in no time.

I have to disagree, anyone wouldn't do it! If he wasn't taking care of his hunters I can almost guarantee that they wouldn't do it. Sounds to me like those things are included in the lease price and lots of folks wouldn't have helped. He takes care of his hunters and they realize that and pitched in to help. Sure it's beneficial to them as well but not everyone would see that way.

Re: You take care of your hunters and they will take care of you [Re: aeb] #6852997 08/11/17 05:39 PM
G
Gladesgator Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
Good deal for all!

Nice to see good folks still are doing good things for each other. cheers

Re: You take care of your hunters and they will take care of you [Re: scalebuster] #6863214 08/21/17 03:01 AM
A
aeb Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: scalebuster

All my feeder stations are sanctuaries on the ranch. No hunting allowed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide