Print Thread
Dove Lease #6834425 07/26/17 04:40 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B

Last edited by beaversnipe; 07/26/17 01:55 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6834434 07/26/17 05:35 AM
T
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I noticed he has the reviews function disabled on his club's Facebook page...I wonder why lol

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."
Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6834438 07/26/17 06:20 AM
P
pervis Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
They will never stop. It's just crazy. More people gona get burned.

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6839237 07/31/17 12:34 AM
M
migr8tr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 I can't believe he's still doing this ? Suckers born every minute !

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6840331 07/31/17 10:11 PM
P
pervis Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Let's take a free bet...how many suckers gona get screwed opening day by him? I'm going w 500 cause that's how many guys he tried to put on a field I hunted once. I drove in and drove out. I've got 500

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6841366 08/01/17 05:47 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6841928 08/02/17 01:50 AM
C
claypool Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Never heard of em, but disabling the review function says enough.

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6842994 08/02/17 10:25 PM
12gauge Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I'm wary of these guys that offer a lease. I accepted an offer to go with some guys at work a few years ago. They took me out to a place outside Godley. We got there about 4 am. Pitch black, but the land owner? was there at the gate taking our money. Hmmm. Once the sun came up I realized that there must have been 200 guns surrounding this 100 acre field. Had a miserable day and only downed one bird.

The child tells what he got for Christmas, the mature man tells how he spent the day, the immature hunter tells how many birds he shot, the mature gunner tells of the experience. -George Bird Evans
Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6843019 08/02/17 10:49 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

That's sad and kinda funny.
You've got to either know your outfitter OR you've got to scout the field before opening day.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6843038 08/02/17 11:06 PM
12gauge Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Yup. I felt like I needed a flak jacket. I was so mad I almost sold all my hunting gear.

I haven't been dove hunting in Texas for over 10 yrs since losing access to a friends farm out by Santo. He had to sell the place, and to be honest it was never real good. I drive around scouting some, but am worried about trespassing. I've been traveling all the way to Western Missouri for opening week for a few years now. Limited 2 days in a row the last two years so I can't complain, but it sure would like to find something closer to home.
I had rotator cuff surgery the first week of May and still in physical therapy for that, and bought a new Beretta A400 to celebrate. I hope to be ready by Sept 1st.

The child tells what he got for Christmas, the mature man tells how he spent the day, the immature hunter tells how many birds he shot, the mature gunner tells of the experience. -George Bird Evans
Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: 12gauge] #6844140 08/03/17 06:15 PM
N
ndhunter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
N
The Beretta will make it a lot easier on your shoulder if you find something to shoot at

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6844326 08/03/17 08:50 PM
12gauge Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Roger that

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6846131 08/05/17 12:57 PM
A
aerangis Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
A
Last year I hunted a specific APH property that a buddy stumbled onto. It was exceptionally productive both times we went. He'd done some scouting, the spot was near grain and sunflowers with easy access to water. I was suprised at how many birds we saw. And no other hunters on both days.

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6846591 08/05/17 09:43 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Yep, I see it all the time, these "dove outfitters" see $$$$$ signs and take anyone's money without care of how many go in a field. My outfitter last years was GOLD, I'm sure mine this year will be too.

One year with Webfoot Connection, there were so many hunters everywhere, at dinner that night I asked the head guy if he wanted me to call for some more hunters, he gave me stink eye.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6846624 08/05/17 10:26 PM
12gauge Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
The way I see it is that the main problem with signing up for a lease on a landowners property is, most of the time there probably isn't going to be a lot of birds. At least that's been my experience.

Last year I drove down to Mertens to one of Texas' public hunting grounds and it was a joke. No grain being grown or harvested anywhere near the place. No water. The designated hunting ground itself was just a mesquite thicket in a gully. I guess if you wanted to hunt rattlesnakes it might be a good spot, but not for bird hunting. It was laid out like KOA campground. Cutouts every 20 ft or so. Thanks but no thanks.

I tell ya guys I am really worried about our sport going forward. Big money interests are making it difficult for us little guys. If you're not a millionaire you're slowly being priced out of hunting as a sport. We need to get and keep the young folks interested in hunting and shooting sports, but if there is no place to do it we're doomed.

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: 12gauge] #6846680 08/05/17 11:12 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: 12gauge
The way I see it is that the main problem with signing up for a lease on a landowners property is, most of the time there probably isn't going to be a lot of birds. At least that's been my experience.

Last year I drove down to Mertens to one of Texas' public hunting grounds and it was a joke. No grain being grown or harvested anywhere near the place. No water. The designated hunting ground itself was just a mesquite thicket in a gully. I guess if you wanted to hunt rattlesnakes it might be a good spot, but not for bird hunting. It was laid out like KOA campground. Cutouts every 20 ft or so. Thanks but no thanks.

I tell ya guys I am really worried about our sport going forward. Big money interests are making it difficult for us little guys. If you're not a millionaire you're slowly being priced out of hunting as a sport. We need to get and keep the young folks interested in hunting and shooting sports, but if there is no place to do it we're doomed.

true!!

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: Buzzsaw] #6846691 08/05/17 11:32 PM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
Yep, I see it all the time, these "dove outfitters" see $$$$$ signs and take anyone's money without care of how many go in a field. My outfitter last years was GOLD, I'm sure mine this year will be too.

One year with Webfoot Connection, there were so many hunters everywhere, at dinner that night I asked the head guy if he wanted me to call for some more hunters, he gave me stink eye.

I'm a hunter to and I purchase hunts from outfitters so I'm real careful of my hunter numbers. I take a lot of pride in what I do and want everyone to go home happy. Opening weekend is always the big one as far as numbers but I never have more than 45 in my fields at one time on opener, and I have 252 acres of Sunflower fields. Usually after opener I never have more than 35 and it's usually around 20-25 in the fields.

When I started doing this 18 years ago hunters told me the main reason for leaving their old place was because of too many hunters. The hunting might not always be great due to weather or migration but I'll never crowd my fields.

I make a living in other ways, more important for my friends,,(and my hunters are my friends) to have the best time I can provide.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: Stompy] #6846703 08/05/17 11:43 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Stompy

I'm a hunter to and I purchase hunts from outfitters so I'm real careful of my hunter numbers. I take a lot of pride in what I do and want everyone to go home happy. Opening weekend is always the big one as far as numbers but I never have more than 45 in my fields at one time on opener, and I have 252 acres of Sunflower fields. Usually after opener I never have more than 35 and it's usually around 20-25 in the fields.

When I started doing this 18 years ago hunters told me the main reason for leaving their old place was because of too many hunters. The hunting might not always be great due to weather or migration but I'll never crowd my fields.

I make a living in other ways, more important for my friends,,(and my hunters are my friends) to have the best time I can provide.

Everyone should take as much pride as STOMPY does in making sure his hunters are happy. He is a firsts class man and outfitter.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: Buzzsaw] #6846713 08/05/17 11:48 PM
B
bobcat1 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Stompy

Everyone should take as much pride as STOMPY does in making sure his hunters are happy. He is a firsts class man and outfitter.
I'll second that! Next year I am getting me a buddy that's wanting to do 2 weekends at Stompy's and that is what I will do. He's a class act and seriously farms for doves more than anyone I have met.

Bobby Barnett

Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: beaversnipe] #6846867 08/06/17 02:14 AM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Come on out Bobby, I'll give you another lesson on the "Dove Sneak" elmer
Thanks for the kind words fellas, it means a lot.

Last edited by Stompy; 08/06/17 02:15 AM.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: ***Dove Scam Alert*** [Re: Stompy] #6846952 08/06/17 04:06 AM
B
bobcat1 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
roflmao roflmao roflmao Will do Sensei!

Bobby Barnett

Previous Thread