Forums46
Topics537,957
Posts9,731,103
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: Texas Dan] #6849285 08/08/17 01:36 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Lot more disrespect for an leo than i would expect here

Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: Navasot] #6849300 08/08/17 01:50 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Navasot

Yelp. Somethings never change, until the help or search and rescue call is made.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6849314 08/08/17 02:01 PM
D
DavidC. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I guess it really gets down to the kind of guy you are, if you're like most of the wardens in Louisiana you are taught to be untrusting, skeptical, partial, and arrogant, most of the wardens I grew up with in the late seventies were real confident men, were more prone to talking and understanding and educating than giving tickets. Today however is a horse of a different color, the ones I've crossed paths with have been extremely arrogant, assuming, and to put it quite simply, PINHEADS.

Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6849416 08/08/17 03:37 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Yelp. Somethings never change, until the help or search and rescue call is made.

What? Pointing out that they can't possibly know all laws and all changes and pointing out instances when they blew it? I don't see the disrespect in that. Just the facts ma'am.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: therancher] #6849420 08/08/17 03:40 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: therancher

What? Pointing out that they can't possibly know all laws and all changes and pointing out instances when they blew it? I don't see the disrespect in that. Just the facts ma'am.

No nothing wrong with that I mentioned a time of my own.. it's the point of exploiting that they caught someone in the wrong and throwing it in their face or all over social media in a negative way.. but if the tables were turned they would want the guys job for being a Richard... a lot of negative GW post on here sound like nothing more than a bunch of butthurt

Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: therancher] #6849438 08/08/17 03:56 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I would consider you an expert in your field... you going to tell me you are never wrong. Lol
My point is the exception isn't the rule as some seem to want people to believe.

In the end there are people that hate/talk down/ degrade GW all the time, chances are very high that a GW may be first responder if something bad happens off the pavement. For that simple reason, I can deal with a wrong call on thier part that might inconvenience me.

Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: BOBO the Clown] #6849456 08/08/17 04:12 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Other than the Louisiana guy (whole nuther realm) I don't see a lot of disrespect. I agree, I don't expect them to be right all the time. I blame the ridiculous myriad of laws not the enforcers. And that's the reason I harp on the times they fail. To make folks realize how ridiculous many game laws are, and that you can't possibly know them all.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: therancher] #6849461 08/08/17 04:15 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Other than the Louisiana guy (whole nuther realm) I don't see a lot of disrespect. I agree, I don't expect them to be right all the time. I blame the ridiculous myriad of laws not the enforcers. And that's the reason I harp on the times they fail. To make folks realize how ridiculous many game laws are, and that you can't possibly know them all.

Not disagreeing

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: Texas Dan] #6849632 08/08/17 07:33 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Law enforcement officers are people. People make errors and have various interpretations of what they witness. You're also not declared guilty by law enforcement. That's why we have a court system. And even that can be subject to error.

Life isn't fair. However, I've found that obeying laws as best as I can and being respectful to people goes a long way toward making things more pleasant.

To be determined
Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: Texas Dan] #6849648 08/08/17 07:45 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
In the end there are people that hate/talk down/ degrade GW all the time, chances are very high that a GW may be first responder if something bad happens off the pavement.

Maybe around the lakes during limited periods, but otherwise, I don't see this as very likely. First, there just aren't that many game wardens and in most counties, they aren't even operating 24/7. We have several counties were there are no game wardens at all and a lot where there is just one. The counties with the most game wardens tend to be counties with higher populations (and hence higher city and county services available), coastal counties, and Mexican border counties. In counties with multiples, it is not uncommon for one or more to be pulled to the Mexican border for homeland security duties as was explained to me during my daughter's hunter education class.

So maybe if you are in a border county, gulf coastal county, or on the lake for the 4th of July, there might be a good chance for the GW to be the first responder off pavement, but otherwise, there just aren't enough to cover the vastness of Texas around the clock.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6854523 08/13/17 11:59 AM
S
sbushee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Why anyone would pick GW over DPS is a mystery to me. Bless their hearts I'm glad they do.
as a police officer in the metroplex with 14 years behind me I can't imagine why anyone would want to be a Trooper. I'd take GW over that any day

Re: Your local TPWD officer was found to be incorrect [Re: Duck_Hunter] #6854528 08/13/17 12:03 PM
S
sbushee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
My buddy had a warden tell him it was a requirement that ducks are retrieved. The law clearly says a reasonable attempt must be made. This is how he told me the story.

Warden was clearly having a bad day and this area of public water is popular and there are a lot of dead birds floating throughout the season. Warden cursed at him, called him unethical and violently shoved her wooden spoon handle into his gun trying to break his factory plug. Didn't establish he even shot the duck (there were other hunters in the area). Plus, where he shot it was protected from the wind and he could easily wade out to get it, but it was wounded and by the time he reloaded it swam out into current before he was able to put it out of its misery. By this time, it was too deep to wade to. You just told on your friend. You said the warden couldn't prove he shot the duck and then your next sentence you say he shot it. Lol

He was waiting for it to float across a creek opening into the shore and then hike around the creek and retrieve it. Warden was rude, unprofessional and intentionally misquoted the law, which was dangerous. A young or new hunter (although all hunters should know the laws) might have stripped down and try to swim out after a warden said that, which could cost someone their life.

My buddy is still chapped about it and might find a new county to hunt in this season. He was polite and did everything she asked because he didn't want to get into it with law enforcement. Plus, he knew she was wrong and his license, steel shot and magazine plug were all in order, so he wasn't going to get a ticket.

One can always make a nicely worded official complaint. I believe it does get recorded. A rant typically get's ignored.

That's what I said. I think he was worried about getting more grief in the future because it could've only been one warden in that area that did it.
My buddy had a warden tell him it was a requirement that ducks are retrieved. The law clearly says a reasonable attempt must be made. This is how he told me the story.

Warden was clearly having a bad day and this area of public water is popular and there are a lot of dead birds floating throughout the season. Warden cursed at him, called him unethical and violently shoved her wooden spoon handle into his gun trying to break his factory plug. Didn't establish he even shot the duck (there were other hunters in the area). Plus, where he shot it was protected from the wind and he could easily wade out to get it, but it was wounded and by the time he reloaded it swam out into current before he was able to put it out of its misery. By this time, it was too deep to wade to.

He was waiting for it to float across a creek opening into the shore and then hike around the creek and retrieve it. Warden was rude, unprofessional and intentionally misquoted the law, which was dangerous. A young or new hunter (although all hunters should know the laws) might have stripped down and try to swim out after a warden said that, which could cost someone their life.

My buddy is still chapped about it and might find a new county to hunt in this season. He was polite and did everything she asked because he didn't want to get into it with law enforcement. Plus, he knew she was wrong and his license, steel shot and magazine plug were all in order, so he wasn't going to get a ticket.

One can always make a nicely worded official complaint. I believe it does get recorded. A rant typically get's ignored.

That's what I said. I think he was worried about getting more grief in the future because it could've only been one warden in that area that did it.

Warden was clearly having a bad day and this area of public water is popular and there are a lot of dead birds floating throughout the season. Warden cursed at him, called him unethical and violently shoved her wooden spoon handle into his gun trying to break his factory plug. Didn't establish he even shot the duck (there were other hunters in the area). Plus, where he shot it was protected from the wind and he could easily wade out to get it, but it was wounded and by the time he reloaded it swam out into current before he was able to put it out of its misery. By this time, it was too deep to wade to.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide