Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Carbine Match Saturday #6840799 08/01/17 03:00 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Any body shooting in the Carbine Match Saturday at the NTSA Range near Denton? One longrange stage, the rest moving and shooting. Minor Cal .223, major anything bigger. Like the 3-gun match's but only rifle.

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6840813 08/01/17 03:09 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Kyle. Where you at? Go get your feet wet at this. I am out unfortunately. Got family stuff Saturday and helping out our adopted papaw Ramsey on Sunday. You cannot be scared your whole life grin

[Linked Image]
Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6840820 08/01/17 03:13 AM
T
Tactical Cowboy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
No, but it sounds fun.

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6840822 08/01/17 03:13 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Hmmm I did just build a gun just for this rofl

I might go shoot it and see how it goes.

I swear it seems like I have something to do Saturday but for the life of me I can't remember what it is lol if it ends up I don't I might make it out.

[Linked Image]

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6840827 08/01/17 03:16 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Where is the link? Could be interesting

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6840829 08/01/17 03:16 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Lol, Kyle it does not seem that way you probably do. My wife likes to let me know Friday afternoon typically but her brother is coming in with his snot factory machine aka baby Roy so I got a 1 week notice.

[Linked Image]
Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6840843 08/01/17 03:25 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Dangit!!!

Wish I had more notice! I might do alright at that.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: J.G.] #6840878 08/01/17 04:44 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Dangit!!!

Wish I had more notice! I might do alright at that.

Surely you can get those barrels tight by Friday night.... clap

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841281 08/01/17 04:32 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
I'll report back on this shoot and see if they are looking for more shooters. Its a private club but welcome non-members to shoot matches. it's $20 for non members.

⌂
AT&T
⋁

Mail att.net Mobile DIRECTV U-verse att.com
En Espańol

All

Search MailSearch Web
⌂ Home
👤James

⚙
Help

Press ? for keyboard shortcuts.

Close Ad

Mail

Contacts

Calendar

Notepad

Messenger

Press the Enter key to select an item
Compose
Inbox

Drafts

Sent
Archive
Spam (3)

Trash (73)

Smart Views
Important
Unread
Starred
People
Social
Shopping
Travel
Finance

Folders

stuff

Recent

Archive Move Delete Spam More

Collapse All

Search

Fwd: NTSA Carbine Match Saturday, August 5th
(2)

Chuck Magers Look this over call me once you have read it and I can walk you through it. It's pre registration for the shoot Sat ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: "NTSA Match Director" <carbinematch@shootntsa.com> Date: Jul 30, 2017 10:25 AM Subject: NTSA Carbine Match Saturday, August 5th To: <cmagers4@gmail.com> Cc: Carbine Shooters, This email is to advise you that a NTSA Carbine Match is scheduled for next Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 0830. Please pre-register for the match. Sign-up and squading are much easier and save a lot of time if it is done prior to the match on Saturday. If you have a group you want to shoot with, you are more likely to shoot with them if you sign up and squad ahead of time. On line sign-up will end on Friday at 8:30 PM. You can still sign up Saturday as a “walk on” until 8:30 AM. However, at that point squad options are limited. We may balance the squads to minimize waiting time between stages and we will ensure that each squad has a person that can run Practiscore. The Practiscore sign-up link is: https://practiscore.com/ntsa-carbine-match-august-5-2017/register Please arrive early and drive the posted speed limit of 7 mph while on club property. Please do not park in front of Pistol Bays 2 & 3. This parking area should be left open for shooters using those bays. Sign up will end at 0830 on Pistol Bay 1, the Safety and Courses of Fire Briefing will be around 0835, and the match will start around 0845. You must attend the safety briefing to shoot in the match. Upon arrival, sign your name on the TWO sheets located on the clip boards on the bench. The match fee is $10 for NTSA members, LEO's, and military; $20 for non-members. Michael C. will collect the match fees. If he is not available, please do not put money for match fees on the clip board. After the course of fire set-up is completed, we will call your name, collect the match fee, and issue the score sheet and waiver (for new shooters). Fill out the score sheet and give it to th
Jul 30 at 2:21 PM

James Skinner <buzzsaw1125@att.net>
To
Chuck Magers
Jul 30 at 2:44 PM
This message contains blocked images.
Show Images
Change this setting
OK, I'm all registered and squadded with you. I'll holler for ballistic info for come ups at 200 yards.

Hide original message
On Sunday, July 30, 2017 2:21 PM, Chuck Magers <cmagers4@gmail.com> wrote:

Look this over call me once you have read it and I can walk you through it. It's pre registration for the shoot Sat
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jul 30, 2017 10:25 AM
Subject: NTSA Carbine Match Saturday, August 5th
To: <cmagers4@gmail.com>
Cc:

Carbine Shooters, 
This email is to advise you that a NTSA Carbine Match is scheduled for next Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 0830.

Please pre-register for the match.  Sign-up and squading are much easier and save a lot of time if it is done prior to the match on Saturday.  If you have a group you want to shoot with, you are more likely to shoot with them if you sign up and squad ahead of time.  On line sign-up will end on Friday at 8:30 PM.  You can still sign up Saturday as a “walk on” until 8:30 AM. However, at that point squad options are limited. We may balance the squads to minimize waiting time between stages and we will ensure that each squad has a person that can run Practiscore. The Practiscore sign-up link is:

https://practiscore.com/ntsa- carbine-match-august-5-2017/ register

Please arrive early and drive the posted speed limit of 7 mph while on club property.  Please do not park in front of Pistol Bays 2 & 3.  This parking area should be left open for shooters using those bays.  Sign up will end at 0830 on Pistol Bay 1, the Safety and Courses of Fire Briefing will be around 0835, and the match will start around 0845.  You must attend the safety briefing to shoot in the match. 

Upon arrival, sign your name on the TWO sheets located on the clip boards on the bench.  The match fee is $10 for NTSA members, LEO's, and military; $20 for non-members.   Michael C. will collect the match fees.  If he is not available, please do not put money for match fees on the clip board.  After the course of fire set-up is completed, we will call your name, collect the match fee, and issue the score sheet and waiver (for new shooters).  Fill out the score sheet and give it to the person entering walk-on shooters into Practiscore.  Do not include your email address unless it is new to us or you are not receiving our emails.  We will be using both Practiscore and our original scoresheets for all shooters.

Please note that guests (non-members) are allowed to shoot the match, but must stay with their squad.  Before and after the match, guests are not allowed use club facilities unless accompanied by a member as his or her guest. The sponsoring member must remain with the guest at all times and is responsible for the actions of the guest before or after the match. 

Minor Caliber Shooters - Stage 1 will involve shooting both 100 yard and 200 yards from the prone platform, starting with two down-loaded magazines, and performing a bolt-lock reload.  You will need 21 rounds total ammunition for this stage; 20 rounds of lead-based bullets such as pointed soft point, plastic ballistic tip (not M855 military green tip), or open tip match for the steel targets and any type of ammo for shooting the clay target. Please check the ammo you intend to use on the steel targets with a magnet and ensure that it is not bi-metal, steel-cored, or contain a steel penetrator because these are not allowed for steel targets by club rules.  You are allowed to use a small Harris-type bipod but no rear rest for Stage 1.  Stage 2 will be on the 50-yard Intermediate Range, and Stages 3 through 5 will be on Pistol Bay 1 (East, Middle, and West bays).   You will need 120 rounds minimum (Minor Caliber) of FMJ ammo for Stages 2 through 5.  

Major Caliber Shooters - Stage 1 will involve shooting both 100 yard and 200 yards from the prone platform, starting with two down-loaded magazines, and performing a bolt-lock reload.  You will need 11 rounds total ammunition for this stage; 10 rounds of lead-based bullets such as pointed soft point, plastic ballistic tip (not M855 military green tip), or open tip match for the steel targets and any type of ammo for shooting the clay target. Please check the ammo you intend to use on the steel targets with a magnet and ensure that it is not bi-metal, steel-cored, or contain a steel penetrator because these are not allowed for steel targets by club rules.  You are allowed to use a small Harris-type bipod but no rear rest for Stage 1.  Stage 2 will be on the 50-yard Intermediate Range, and Stages 3 through 5 will be on Pistol Bay 1 (East, Middle, and West bays).   You will need 75 rounds minimum (Major) of FMJ ammo for Stages 2 through 5.

Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC) Shooters – Same instructions as Minor Caliber Shooters above.   

All Carbine Shooters:  Please note that appropriate shoes are required since you will be shooting and moving.  No flip-flops are allowed in the NTSA action matches.  Also, in accordance with the NTSA Safety Policy, a hat with a brim along with eye and ear protection is required. Shooters should bring three magazines, carriers for your magazines, a case for your rifle or carbine, a chamber flag and water to keep hydrated. Division capacity is 30 rounds for Minor, 20 rounds for Major calibers, and 30 rounds for PCC.  Large capacity magazines such as 40+ rounds for Minor (or 25 rounds for Major) can be used for Stage 5 in this match. 

The carbine match is run on a cold range, which means that carbines must be unloaded and carried in a closed hard or soft case with a chamber flag installed.  When the shooter is called to the firing line, the Range Officer will give the command to “Load and make ready”.  At that point, the carbine can be removed from the case and loaded in the presence of the range officer. 

Please be aware that your firearm will get pretty hot after shooting a high round count stage. You will be required to return your carbine to your case before you move to the next stage.  However, on Stage 1, all cleared/safe carbines will be benched with muzzles pointed down range and allowed to cool. 

It is recommended that you check your reloads with a case/chamber gauge and ensure that your rifles or carbines are functioning properly and sighted-in to 200 yards.  It is also recommended that you know where your carbine hits at ranges from 10 to 200 yards (POA versus POI). 

We will run three or more squads and should be finished close to 1:30 PM.  

All shooters are requested to help score and paste the targets to keep things moving, and continue to pick up each shooter's brass after they shoot a stage.  Please help break down and clean up the ranges at the end of the stages/match.  We really appreciate those who come early to help set up the stages.

Thank You,
Gary Runyon
NTSA Carbine 

NTSA | PO Box 2042, Denton, TX 76202-2042
Unsubscribe cmagers4@gmail.com
Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by carbinematch@shootntsa.com in collaboration with

Try it free today

Reply Reply to All Forward More

Click to reply all

Send

So fresh and so clean.

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841282 08/01/17 04:34 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
sorry for the goofy format but yall will figure it out

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841351 08/01/17 05:27 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
No but I'm probly going to my first precision rifle match this weekend (to watch this time). I've been toying with the idea for years and am finally pulling the trigger on it. I'm ordering parts today to start my comp rifle build.....aaaaaand finally gonna start hand loading. Ordering that stuff today as well.

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841419 08/01/17 06:21 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
So buzz, do you have to be invited by a member? I was reading the rules and it says that guest must stay with their squad the whole time and with the member that invited them.

[Linked Image]

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841429 08/01/17 06:28 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
I really don't know. I got invited but I bet you could shoot with no problem. go on that practiscore and sign up in my squad. I know most of those guys. this is my second one

I will walk and shoot slow, just having fun shooting my Seekins

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: KRoyal] #6841461 08/01/17 07:10 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: KRoyal
So buzz, do you have to be invited by a member? I was reading the rules and it says that guest must stay with their squad the whole time and with the member that invited them.

Selective reading this week ?? No, you do not have to be invited by a member. I believe it says non-members are not allowed to use club facilities before or after the shoot UNLESS they are accompanied by a member. While shooting the match the non-member must stay with their squad. JMO and the way I read it.

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: blackcoal] #6841465 08/01/17 07:21 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: blackcoal

Selective reading this week ?? No, you do not have to be invited by a member. I believe it says non-members are not allowed to use club facilities before or after the shoot UNLESS they are accompanied by a member. While shooting the match the non-member must stay with their squad. JMO and the way I read it.

This is from their website. It states that the guest must stay with the inviting member the entire match (before and after), therefore it sounds like you must be invited by a member. otherwise how would you stay with the invited member before, during, and after the match if no one invited you.

Quote:
9. Please note that guests (non-members) are allowed to shoot the match, but must stay with their squad. Before and after the match, guests are not allowed use club facilities unless accompanied by a member as his or her guest. The sponsoring member must remain with the guest at all times and is responsible for the actions of the guest before or after the match.

[Linked Image]

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841501 08/01/17 07:45 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
I really don't know. I got invited but I bet you could shoot with no problem. go on that practiscore and sign up in my squad. I know most of those guys. this is my second one

I will walk and shoot slow, just having fun shooting my Seekins

How many rounds? I'm not reading all that fine print

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841554 08/01/17 08:22 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841562 08/01/17 08:29 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Quote:
Stage 1 will involve shooting two MGM Flash Targets at 100 or 200 yards, alternating with 5 shots each target from prone for a total of 10 rounds (limited). Occasionally there may be a one-chance shot at a clay pigeon. Shooters will need 20 rounds of soft-tip ammo for this stage, as we cannot use FMJ or any kind of penetrating ammo on the steel targets.

Stages 2 through 5 will involve a variety of situations, shooting on the move, use of cover and tactical selection of targets. Shooters will need approximately 120 rounds to complete stages 2 through 5, though bringing extra is recommended.

[Linked Image]

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841747 08/01/17 11:25 PM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Kyle,
I went to their main website and it states that to shoot at the range you have to be a member or invited by a member. Invited by a member may be the key, as they may have certain members to "invite" non-members?? Didn't mean to muddy the water. I will get back to cutting firewood.

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841755 08/01/17 11:31 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Well I'm out finally figured out what that thing I had to do on Saturday was. My wife's bday dinner with my parents. And no I did not forget my wife's birthday it was back in June rofl

[Linked Image]

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6841864 08/02/17 01:02 AM
B
BCJ Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I'm a member of NTSA and will likely be at the carbine match. Everyone is welcome to come shoot the carbine match - you do not need to be a member to shoot a match. You do have to be a member or with a member to shoot normally.

It's a fun match, people of all skill levels will be there so you are in good company regardless of how you shoot. Usually approx 40 people attend and it lasts until 12:30 or 1 typically.

The range is strict on their 7mph speed limit on the premises.

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6842017 08/02/17 03:01 AM
T
thedoveshooter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
When I saw "carbine match" got got really excited as I instantly assumed M-1 Carbine. I think I'd be a little out matched! lol

I'm more of a milsurp match shooter.

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6842287 08/02/17 02:17 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Might still be able to come out and shoot this, since we're not meeting in McKinney until 3PM.

Just to get it strait, $20 entry fee, 150ish FMJ, 20 Soft Point, 3 30 round mags, something to carry mags with, gun case, and chamber flag is all you need right?

Also buzz when I go to practiscore it says the match is private open, but doesn't allow me to click on it or sign up. Just says contact match director for more details.

[Linked Image]

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: Buzzsaw] #6842801 08/02/17 07:57 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
roflmao Can't get Buzz to quit posting random threads, ask him a question and crickets

[Linked Image]

Re: Carbine Match Saturday [Re: KRoyal] #6842838 08/02/17 08:37 PM
B
BCJ Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Might still be able to come out and shoot this, since we're not meeting in McKinney until 3PM.

Just to get it strait, $20 entry fee, 150ish FMJ, 20 Soft Point, 3 30 round mags, something to carry mags with, gun case, and chamber flag is all you need right?

Also buzz when I go to practiscore it says the match is private open, but doesn't allow me to click on it or sign up. Just says contact match director for more details.

Yes, show up before 8:30 to sign up - you don't need to sign up ahead.
Approx 120 rounds any ammo; 20 rounds soft point ammo for the steel targets.
3 mags and a way to carry them
Soft case and chamber flag

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide