Forums46
Topics536,993
Posts9,719,223
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits #6833306 07/25/17 06:34 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6834228 07/26/17 12:53 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Not good I just got sea sick

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6836043 07/27/17 09:35 PM
K
KeithTT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Oh look who it is,,, brother-in-law the dreamer ,mr. 26,000 posts nothing good to say. No videos of his own or anything to show for himself. Instead he's a keyboard Warrior who jumps on here and bashes other people's stuff. Are you an old retired guy who just sits on the computer giving your input on everything? Who in the world has time to post 26,000 times, it sure ain't the people who are out there getting it? JT keep making them videos buddy everybody gets a little better with practice. We'll never know what brother-in-law's good at other than talking smack. However he can gladly make me eat these words and post his own videos. Go ahead brother-in-law let's see what you got with your editing or video skills. Until you post one you should lay off the gas buddy. While we're at it show me where you successfully Run 3 businesses since you're always hating on mine.

JT this dude is a clown he's always posting stupid stuff on my posts and his 26,000 posts tells me the whole story that he's a bored guy who just sits at a freaking computer all day and has nothing better to do. Don't take it to heart I'm right there with you, learning more and more everyday about video and editing work. It takes a ton of time, money, and talent to make a show look like Lee and Tiffany's or Bone Collector but you are on the right track with persistence, creativity, and working hard at it all the while working a full-time job with a family. These dreamers don't know what it takes.

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6836081 07/27/17 10:04 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
yawn

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: KeithTT] #6840683 08/01/17 01:53 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: KeithTT
Oh look who it is,,, brother-in-law the dreamer ,mr. 26,000 posts nothing good to say. No videos of his own or anything to show for himself. Instead he's a keyboard Warrior who jumps on here and bashes other people's stuff. Are you an old retired guy who just sits on the computer giving your input on everything? Who in the world has time to post 26,000 times, it sure ain't the people who are out there getting it? JT keep making them videos buddy everybody gets a little better with practice. We'll never know what brother-in-law's good at other than talking smack. However he can gladly make me eat these words and post his own videos. Go ahead brother-in-law let's see what you got with your editing or video skills. Until you post one you should lay off the gas buddy. While we're at it show me where you successfully Run 3 businesses since you're always hating on mine.

JT this dude is a clown he's always posting stupid stuff on my posts and his 26,000 posts tells me the whole story that he's a bored guy who just sits at a freaking computer all day and has nothing better to do. Don't take it to heart I'm right there with you, learning more and more everyday about video and editing work. It takes a ton of time, money, and talent to make a show look like Lee and Tiffany's or Bone Collector but you are on the right track with persistence, creativity, and working hard at it all the while working a full-time job with a family. These dreamers don't know what it takes.

Keith has your alcoholism kicked in again? The video was all over the place and was poor work compared to some of his other work.

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6840707 08/01/17 02:07 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
ATN has some really poor quality as far as picture compared to many of the other thermal videos I've seen on here

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: Brother in-law] #6840872 08/01/17 04:23 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law

Keith has your alcoholism kicked in again? The video was all over the place and was poor work compared to some of his other work.

Yeah It was hard to self film with the big camera and hunt. So I went with mostly videos with the thermal only which made for some free hand jittery video.. I understand where you are coming from.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: SapperTitan] #6840873 08/01/17 04:24 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
ATN has some really poor quality as far as picture compared to many of the other thermal videos I've seen on here

If you compare the video to the video of others on the market they all get degraded when transfered to video from the scope. Its common. However to each his own on their preference of thermal. But my Thermal of choice is ATN.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: Brother in-law] #6840905 08/01/17 07:32 AM
K
KeithTT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Originally Posted By: KeithTT

Alcoholism? I hardly ever drink so one thing I can't claim is alcoholism. I'm just pointing out that he did not ask you to judge this video, yes I'm aware that sometimes JT does look for feedback but not this time. You were just throwing your 2 cents in to be a naysayer or grouch. To me it looked like he set business aside and had fun doing some shooting. Heck yeah, shoot away.

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: SapperTitan] #6853502 08/12/17 02:04 AM
C
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I don't own any but I have seen that, but also there's a huge price difference in those too I think.

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6875434 09/01/17 06:10 AM
D
Deerslayer94 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Awesome video

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6884635 09/12/17 01:24 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Do you use shooting sticks or a tripod? I used to hunt with tall shooting sticks, but switched to a tall Bog Pod Tripod. I can tell you that I'm far accurate using the Tripod. Just a thought.

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: bigjoe8565] #6886539 09/13/17 10:04 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: bigjoe8565
Do you use shooting sticks or a tripod? I used to hunt with tall shooting sticks, but switched to a tall Bog Pod Tripod. I can tell you that I'm far accurate using the Tripod. Just a thought.

With the rabbits a lot of it was free hand... More practicing on free hand witht hem. But with predators I usually have a bi pod for now.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6898247 09/25/17 04:27 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
That must have been fun JT. Keep at it young man.

BIL, *** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

naw, don't think so.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6898700 09/25/17 11:45 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Just watched a review from a very experienced thermal user and just got to say what a joke ATN is. Not only does their product suck but they tried to force this person not to do a review on their crappy product.

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: SapperTitan] #6905869 10/02/17 04:52 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Just watched a review from a very experienced thermal user and just got to say what a joke ATN is. Not only does their product suck but they tried to force this person not to do a review on their crappy product.

Sounds to me like someone has the case of the Butt Hurts.... ATN has never tried to force anyone not to do a review of their product haha

So which new THOR have you owned that and what problems do you have with it?

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6905977 10/02/17 06:20 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

Sounds to me like someone has the case of the Butt Hurts.... ATN has never tried to force anyone not to do a review of their product haha

I own a Pulsar Apex XQ50. This person was not butthurt at all but had many issues with the ATNs. He is a very respected member on this forum who is an actual prostaff member for many companies.

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: SapperTitan] #6905980 10/02/17 06:22 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted by SapperTitan
Originally Posted by jtprocaddie

I own a Pulsar Apex XQ50. This person was not butthurt at all but had many issues with the ATNs. He is a very respected member on this forum who is an actual prostaff member for many companies.

ATN is trash

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: SapperTitan] #6907555 10/03/17 07:12 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

ATN is trash

Several things about this video that is out right wrong and user error. ATN has a POOR user manual now and they are in the process of making a lot better start up guide for new users.

The BIGGEST issue with ATN is consumers not knowing how to use it. Example. His screen focus is off and is not set correctly while shooting that is why he had to put his eye closer to the scope to see and got hit in the forehead with it. Had he adjusted it he would have a lot better eye relief. But if you set it too loose it can get knocked out of focus while shooting which he mentions it in the video.. I would check the screws on the rear focus to make sure it is secure.

ATN has a 720p resolution on the screen and RECORDS in 1080p HD that is why the resolution looks just as good if not better when recorded.

The ATN Thor is 17 Micron Core not 24

His Battery life is WAY WAY WAY WAY off.. He is crazy. Every single one of my Thors stay on at minimum 5-6 hour with 4 AA lithium batteries. I don't believe him on his battery life claim hands down false information. Any battery pack will give you about 1 hour per 1,000mah - so the ATN 20,000 battery pack will give you 20 hours of use. The Kentli Rechargeable lithium AA batteries will give you 8-10 hours use.

90% of his issues were user errors.. The one freezing could have been multiple issues but possible it was a core issue which they replaced and will always replace if that's a problem.

I guess he was not interested in the fact that its features blow away most of the competition and the ease of use out of the box. he has been using ATn products for a while without issue and all of a sudden he has an issue and is promoting other thermals now... gee I wonder why that is.....

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6907603 10/03/17 07:52 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
sorry I trust his review over a guy who shoots bucks who dropped their antlers thinking it was a doe, guy shots does on camera and denies it, and the list goes on and on. This man knows more about thermals and hog hunting than then anyone else I know of here.

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6907966 10/04/17 12:08 AM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
JTProCaddie - you can kiss the last ember (yes it is spelled correctly) of your credibility GOODBYE!

If you think you know what is wrong with TLM's equipment and you claim it's user error then I hope that you were the cameraman on the video otherwise you just tugged on Superman's cape and tore it at the neck seam.

His video is honest and candid - I applaud him for this one video saying how it is despite the "economics" behind forums and sponsorships.

You Sir have a good day and yes we know - Hahahahha I'm an idiot and you're the Master ProStaffer and it's all so funny Hahahahhaha hammer

I still can't believe you posted what you did, I've gotta quote it - its that bad

Last edited by Pig_Popper; 10/04/17 12:17 AM.

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6907969 10/04/17 12:13 AM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
[quote=SapperTitan][quote=SapperTitan][quote=jtprocaddie][quote=SapperTitan]

Several things about this video that is out right wrong and user error. ATN has a POOR user manual now and they are in the process of making a lot better start up guide for new users.

The BIGGEST issue with ATN is consumers not knowing how to use it. Example. His screen focus is off and is not set correctly while shooting that is why he had to put his eye closer to the scope to see and got hit in the forehead with it. Had he adjusted it he would have a lot better eye relief. But if you set it too loose it can get knocked out of focus while shooting which he mentions it in the video.. I would check the screws on the rear focus to make sure it is secure.

ATN has a 720p resolution on the screen and RECORDS in 1080p HD that is why the resolution looks just as good if not better when recorded.

His Battery life is WAY WAY WAY WAY off.. He is crazy. Every single one of my Thors stay on at minimum 5-6 hour with 4 AA lithium batteries. I don't believe him on his battery life claim hands down false information. Any battery pack will give you about 1 hour per 1,000mah - so the ATN 20,000 battery pack will give you 20 hours of use. The Kentli Rechargeable lithium AA batteries will give you 8-10 hours use.

90% of his issues were user errors.. The one freezing could have been multiple issues but possible it was a core issue which they replaced and will always replace if that's a problem.

I guess he was not interested in the fact that its features blow away most of the competition and the ease of use out of the box. he has been using ATn products for a while without issue and all of a sudden he has an issue and is promoting other thermals now... gee I wonder why that is.....

EPIC trash talk without knowing who he is trash talking!!!

Get your guard up

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6908125 10/04/17 02:23 AM
T
Texaslawman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I suppose that would be me you're talking about. Bless your little heart.

Suppose I am Butt Hurt over people like you trying to trick people into buying an inferior product. Yes I was told not to post anything on social media or youtube before I made the video. Now three conference calls later with ATN big wigs and their main Pro Staff they have backed off from the hard line approach, and we had good communications about the issues.

I agree with the second half of this statement.

His screen focus is off and is not set correctly while shooting that is why he had to put his eye closer to the scope to see and got hit in the forehead with it. Had he adjusted it he would have a lot better eye relief. But if you set it too loose it can get knocked out of focus while shooting which he mentions it in the video.. I would check the screws on the rear focus to make sure it is secure.

I'm assuming this screen focus you refer to is what the rest of the earth calls a diopter focus ring on the ocular lens. Not everyone has 20/20 vision the diopter adjustment is there so people can see clearly without wearing their corrective lenses. The ATN Thor's ocular lens (for those of you in Rio Linda that would be "screen focus") has a large portion blocked off ATN's claim is it hides circuit boards. ATN representatives on my conference calls did not disagree with me about the eyepiece and noted an improved version would be out soon. Now it was operator error on my part to scope myself / hit my forehead on the ocular lens, I even told myself not to do it after seeing the problem. But I am used to all the other manufactures and wanted to see the whole screen (which you can not do with ATN's at the moment)

720p screen, records in 1080p core outputs in 640x480 so even with that screen and video out the most you will ever get is 640x480 sir. They do have the best video out I have seen and I have seen them all, even ones you will not know exist for a year or two.

The ATN Thor is a 17 micron core you are right (congrats). They list no core information besides the name, none in the POOR manual (your words), none on the box, none on the Thor website. There is no micron or Hz listed, so I called and spoke to a ATN employee who told me 24 micron. I corrected this in the title of the video, and with a annotation in the video.

I agree the battery life was way way way off... I used the lithium energizer batteries supplied to me direct from ATN. The first Thor had a bad core and was returned, the other two maybe bad batteries I did not go out and by more figured the manufacture would send the best, but i will give them that the batteries could have been bad. The ATN 20,000 battery pack worked awesome I left the scope turned on from sundown to sun up for two nights without charging the battery pack. I did have the scope shut off due to the cord coming loose, I found the cord and battery pack annoying but I'm spoiled by the Pulsar battery pack now.

"He is crazy" "hands down false information" sounds slanderous to me sir.

90% of his issues were user errors..

Hmm ATN Pro Staff seemed to agree with me on every account on our conference call.

The one freezing could have been multiple issues but possible it was a core issue which they replaced and will always replace if that's a problem.

They replaced it it was covered.

I guess he was not interested in the fact that its features blow away most of the competition and the ease of use out of the box.

Which features are these exactly?? Now features can be subjective but the only feature I see worth noting is the recording abilities. Everything else in my opinion are gimmicky battery drainers designed to trick uneducated buyers into picking a Thor over the competition.

he has been using ATn products for a while without issue and all of a sudden he has an issue and is promoting other thermals now...

Yes I have been using them for a while, but not without issue as the video states. I struggled on how to present this, normally I do not give bad reviews if something sucks I contact the company give my opinions / suggestions on how to fix it and then move on. This product is very expensive, ATN at first sounded like a clone of you (operator error, false claims, ect) it seems to me they had no intention of improving the product so I felt obligated to the consumers. If you think this helped me financially in anyway you are out of your mind, this did nothing but bring unneeded stress into my life. Im promoting whatever thermals I feel are best for the consumer. Trijicon best image, best housing, most attractive unit, but highest cost. Pulsar Trails very close to Trijicon image maybe even better in high humidity, internal recording, excellent built in battery pack, pixel repair, freeze frame one shot zero, Armasight Flir best lenses absolute contol over image for best image possible in bad climates, soon to be 12 micron cores (Ive been using them for about 6 months now they are good. ATN take all the defective units out of the picture and assume every unit works 100% still has a terribly designed ocular lens (screen focus), and the worst image in the scope in all climates by my opinion and multiple other people who have looked through every unit side by side at the same time. I have them all, yes all manufactures thermals at the same time, so I can compare same weather, same target.

gee I wonder why that is.....

Well let me explain! See I do not work for any Night Vision / Thermal manufactures anymore. I left a very good pro staff position with FLIR and went with Night Vision Guys a retailer who carries ALL brands of night vision/thermal, and Day optics. See my job is to show the customers what works and what the best buy is, MY sponsor wants happy customers, MY sponsor wants the truth, yes they want sells but they do not care which manufacture sells more. The only concern is happy customers. Some would say some people seem a little biased around here and act almost like a SHILL but I'm sure its just fanboyism, on whomever that may be.

[u][/u]

Last edited by Texaslawman; 10/04/17 03:00 AM.

Pro staff: LWRCI, VORTEX OPTICS, SILENCER SHOP, HORNADY AMMUNITION, Barnes Bullets, Bass Pro Shops, . Huey Outdoors. CMMG INC.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/LoneStarBoars?sub_confirmation=1
Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: Texaslawman] #6908138 10/04/17 02:30 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: Texaslawman
I suppose that would be me you're talking about. Bless your little heart.

Suppose I am Butt Hurt over people like you trying to trick people into buying an inferior product. Yes I was told not to post anything on social media or youtube before I made the video. Now three conference calls later with ATN big wigs and their main Pro Staff they have backed off from the hard line approach.

I agree with the second half of this statement.

His screen focus is off and is not set correctly while shooting that is why he had to put his eye closer to the scope to see and got hit in the forehead with it. Had he adjusted it he would have a lot better eye relief. But if you set it too loose it can get knocked out of focus while shooting which he mentions it in the video.. I would check the screws on the rear focus to make sure it is secure.

I'm assuming this screen focus you refer to is what the rest of the earth calls a diopter focus ring on the ocular lens. Not everyone has 20/20 vision the diopter adjustment is there so people can see clearly without wearing their corrective lenses. The ATN Thor's ocular lens (for those of you in Rio Linda that would be "screen focus") has a large portion blocked off ATN's claim is it hides circuit boards. ATN representatives on my conference calls did not disagree with me about the eyepiece and noted an improved version would be out soon. Now it was operator error on my part to scope myself / hit my forehead on the ocular lens, I even told myself not to do it after seeing the problem.

720p screen, records in 1080p core outputs in 640x480 so even with that screen and video out the most you will ever get is 640x480 sir. They do have the best video out I have seen and I have seen them all, even ones you will not know exist for a year or two.

The ATN Thor is a 17 micron core you are right (congrats). They list no core information besides the name, none in the POOR manual (your words), none on the box, none on the Thor website. There is no micron or Hz listed, so I called and spoke to a ATN employee who told me 24 micron. I corrected this in the title of the video, and with a annotation in the video.

I agree the battery life was way way way off... I used the lithium energizer batteries supplied to me direct from ATN. The first Thor had a bad core and was returned, the other two maybe bad batteries I did not go out and by more figured the manufacture would send the best, but i will give them that the batteries could have been bad. The ATN 20,000 battery pack worked awesome I left the scope turned on from sundown to sun up for two nights without charging the battery pack. I did have the scope shut off due to the cord coming loose, I found the cord and battery pack annoying but I'm spoiled by the Pulsar battery pack now.

"He is crazy" "hands down false information" sounds slanderous to me sir.

90% of his issues were user errors..

Hmm ATN Pro Staff seemed to agree with me on every account on our conference call.

The one freezing could have been multiple issues but possible it was a core issue which they replaced and will always replace if that's a problem.

They replaced it it was covered.

I guess he was not interested in the fact that its features blow away most of the competition and the ease of use out of the box.

Which features are these exactly?? Now features can be subjective but the only feature I see worth noting is the recording abilities. Everything else in my opinion are gimmicky battery drainers designed to trick uneducated buyers into picking a Thor over the competition.

he has been using ATn products for a while without issue and all of a sudden he has an issue and is promoting other thermals now...

Yes I have been using them for a while, but not without issue as the video states. I struggled on how to present this, normally I do not give bad reviews if something sucks I contact the company give my opinions / suggestions on how to fix it and then move on. This product is very expensive, ATN at first sounded like a clone of you (operator error, false claims, ect) it seems to me they had no intention of improving the product so I felt obligated to the consumers. If you think this helped me financially in anyway you are out of your mind, this did nothing but bring unneeded stress into my life. Im promoting whatever thermals I feel are best for the consumer. Trijicon best image, best housing, most attractive unit, but highest cost. Pulsar Trails very close to Trijicon image maybe even better in high humidity, internal recording, excellent built in battery pack, pixel repair, freeze frame one shot zero, Armasight Flir best lenses absolute contol over image for best image possible in bad climates, soon to be 12 micron cores (Ive been using them for about 6 months now they are good. ATN take all the defective units out of the picture and assume every unit works 100% still has a terribly designed ocular lens (screen focus), and the worst image in the scope in all climates by my opinion and multiple other people who have looked through every unit side by side at the same time.

gee I wonder why that is.....

Well let me explain! See I do not work for any Night Vision / Thermal manufactures anymore. I left a very good pro staff position with FLIR and went with Night Vision Guys a retailer who carries ALL brands of night vision/thermal, and Day optics. See my job is to show the customers what works and what the best buy is, MY sponsor wants happy customers, MY sponsor wants the truth, yes they want sells but they do not care which manufacture sells more. The only concern is happy customers. Some would say some people seem a little biased around here and act almost like a SHILL but I'm sure its just fanboyism, on whomever that may be.

and that is how someone with actual knowledge of all thermals responds to an amateur wannabe pro staffer. roflmao

Re: ATN THOR HD 384 4.5x - 18x Having fun with Jack Rabbits [Re: TXGH] #6908151 10/04/17 02:39 AM
M
Midwaytmm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I don't know anybody. I don't know who gets paid for what, or who pays them. Really don't care . But saying the problem is the operational/instructional manual provided by the manufacturer isn't very good, and then blaming the user for not using it "correctly " seems like a bad idea. All of this stuff is pretty high tech, and it all works basically the same way . You just have to learn how to tune that particular model to get best results, for you, on any given night . If the user manual, isn't useable , that's not real impressive. As far as checking set screws for eyepiece, that's pretty much a mfg issue, not user issue , period. Why would that get blamed on user?? I've been lucky enough to use quite a few thermal/I2 devices in my life. Some better than others , but, if they don't work right "out of the box" they're worth anything . All mfg have some troubles, do they stand behind it and fix the problem is what matters. In my experience ATN is hands down bottom of the list . This is my opinion, so take it at face value. But to be clear, I'm not paid, given discounts, pro staff, dealer, reimbursed for my time ect ect....but I do hunt 3-5 nights a week, and have used a lot of different gear . Manufacturers would be better off to not have people, to tell other people, they're stupid for not understanding how to use the new product they just bought because the manual is no good and we're fixing the issue..... extra features are no good, if the primary function, is at best poor quality . As far as battery life, I don't know. Everything else I have/have had eats batteries. But if something doesn't work , right out the box, does it really matter if you can get it to functon marginally for next 2 hrs, or is sub par performance better if you can use it for additional 8 hours ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide