Print Thread
Dove Hunt with Blast and Cast Men's Ministries #6827931 07/19/17 11:56 PM
G
gsb Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
G
Hi folks, I am a new guy around here and I'd like to spread the word about a special event. I am a Field Staff Member for Blast and Cast Men's Ministries now, and we are organizing a Dove Hunt Event this September near Castroville, TX. More details will be available soon, and hope that some of you will take a serious look at this event. It's going to be a great time, just like all the other events. You can also count on a great message! If you have an interest, you can find out more about us at http://blastandcast.org/

Scott

Scott
Re: Dove Hunt with Blast and Cast Men's Ministries [Re: gsb] #6839481 07/31/17 03:42 AM
G
gsb Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
G
Our webpage is ready for registration and full of great information about this exciting event! http://blastandcast.org/events/

If you have any questions, let me know.

Scott

Scott
Re: Dove Hunt with Blast and Cast Men's Ministries [Re: gsb] #6846439 08/05/17 06:37 PM
G
gsb Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
G
Still have spots available.

Scott
Re: Dove Hunt with Blast and Cast Men's Ministries [Re: gsb] #6853831 08/12/17 04:29 PM
G
gsb Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
G
Fellas;

We still have a few spots available, and I appreciate being able to tell you more about this trip. It's our goal to provide quality events at lower prices than normal, so that Outdoorsmen can have affordable outdoor adventures in a great environment and learn. This is a great opportunity for Christian Outdoorsmen to help a friend or family member find their way. Here is a link to more information. http://blastandcast.org/events/Let me know if you have any questions.

Some good stuff from an article about practicing wing shooting- From an article:

Skeet was invented for grouse hunters, but it's perfect preseason practice for the dove hunter.

The Assignment: Two or three rounds of skeet a week between now and opening day will make a huge improvement in your shooting. Call for the bird with your dove gun dismounted and work on mounting it in synchronization with the speed of the target.

Extra Credit: If you can have a skeet field to yourself (often right at opening or closing times), skip High and Low 8, Low 7, and all the doubles--those stations don't simulate dove shooting. Instead, shoot High 1, which mimics the dove that comes over your head from behind, and the incomers from Low 1, High 6, and High 7. Stations 2 through 5 give you practice on crossing targets. Take your stool or 5-­gallon bucket with you and try some shots sitting down. Practice using your feet to turn your upper body for a decent swing while sitting.

Chokes and Ammo: Skeet targets are shot at close range. A Cylinder or Skeet choke breaks them; IC smashes them. No. 9 shot works best, but you can use your 71⁄2 or 8 hunting loads if you prefer.

Scott
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide