Forums46
Topics537,020
Posts9,719,467
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7226165 07/16/18 07:22 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Blame the police if your rifle wasn't found. The pawnbroker at Cash America wasn't charged with receiving and hiding stolen merchandise, right? Had the rifle been there without proper documentation provided to the cops, then they would have been in violation of the law. The police simply collected the rifle because they didn't do their job in the first place.

yeah, I'm sure when the crackhead and gang bangers roll in their store toting a nice rifle the first thing the managers of Cash america think is "golly gee, I'm going to help this nice outdoor enthusiast out with a short term loan"

the business model is to buy stolen [censored], and hope they can flip it before the actual owners find it. That's the number 1 reason why pawn shops move their inventory around. they move an item sold in dallas to a store in san antonio. Has nothing to do with the "market", it has everything to do with hiding merchandise.

Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: MathMan] #7226179 07/16/18 07:29 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
My rifle was worth 5 figures. They had it on the shelf for $1,700. Thank God I found it before someone who knew what they were looking at did. Move it and move it quick!

Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: kyle1974] #7226182 07/16/18 07:31 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I don't take a post like this serious.
Originally Posted By: kyle1974
Blame the police if your rifle wasn't found. The pawnbroker at Cash America wasn't charged with receiving and hiding stolen merchandise, right? Had the rifle been there without proper documentation provided to the cops, then they would have been in violation of the law. The police simply collected the rifle because they didn't do their job in the first place.

yeah, I'm sure when the crackhead and gang bangers roll in their store toting a nice rifle the first thing the managers of Cash america think is "golly gee, I'm going to help this nice outdoor enthusiast out with a short term loan"

the business model is to buy stolen [censored], and hope they can flip it before the actual owners find it. That's the number 1 reason why pawn shops move their inventory around. they move an item sold in dallas to a store in san antonio. Has nothing to do with the "market", it has everything to do with hiding merchandise.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7226213 07/16/18 07:58 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: onlysmith&wesson
I don't take a post like this serious.
Originally Posted By: kyle1974

Which one?

Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: MathMan] #7226245 07/16/18 08:25 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Fouzman, this one "yeah, I'm sure when the crackhead and gang bangers roll in their store toting a nice rifle the first thing the managers of Cash america think is "golly gee, I'm going to help this nice outdoor enthusiast out with a short term loan"

the business model is to buy stolen [censored], and hope they can flip it before the actual owners find it. That's the number 1 reason why pawn shops move their inventory around. they move an item sold in dallas to a store in san antonio. Has nothing to do with the "market", it has everything to do with hiding merchandise."

Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #7226465 07/16/18 11:55 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: onlysmith&wesson
Fouzman, this one "yeah, I'm sure when the crackhead and gang bangers roll in their store toting a nice rifle the first thing the managers of Cash america think is "golly gee, I'm going to help this nice outdoor enthusiast out with a short term loan"

the business model is to buy stolen [censored], and hope they can flip it before the actual owners find it. That's the number 1 reason why pawn shops move their inventory around. they move an item sold in dallas to a store in san antonio. Has nothing to do with the "market", it has everything to do with hiding merchandise."

I don't take it serious when people try to say pawn shops are in business for the betterment of society.

so there's that.

Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: MathMan] #7226654 07/17/18 02:18 AM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Anyone that thinks all pawn shops are on the up-and-up is fooling themselves.

I have a lawyer friend that gets guns as payment for defending criminals that cannot pay, the court will award him the gun to recover expenses. He was taking the guns to a pawn shop that was buying the guns. He was getting about 1/10th the value or less, like $50 for a Ruger 1911. When I found out I was blown away. He now sells me guns at a good deal, I can keep or resell. Pawn shops were ripping him off plain and simple. Just because he went in on his own will doesn't for some unknown reason make what they are doing to people right. This is what they do to thieves, quick turn around, little money.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: Simple Searcher] #7226839 07/17/18 12:30 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
You insulted pawn shops while stepping in your own crap. You buy guns from criminals through an intermediary, which you resell. Do you report the profits on the sell of these as income to the IRS? Pawn shops do, along with payroll taxes, store front rent, liability insurance, license fees, etc...(overhead). Their costs are high, unlike yours on the sales you make. They also run background checks on all sales through the ATF. I don't know who you're talking to when you say "Anyone that thinks...." because I know that most things in life are not 100%. I'm not in the pawn business, but I gotta' ask, what makes you or your lawyer friend that defends criminals, and you who ends up with their guns any different from the negative image you are perpetuating on the pawn industry?
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
Anyone that thinks all pawn shops are on the up-and-up is fooling themselves.

I have a lawyer friend that gets guns as payment for defending criminals that cannot pay, the court will award him the gun to recover expenses. He was taking the guns to a pawn shop that was buying the guns. He was getting about 1/10th the value or less, like $50 for a Ruger 1911. When I found out I was blown away. He now sells me guns at a good deal, I can keep or resell. Pawn shops were ripping him off plain and simple. Just because he went in on his own will doesn't for some unknown reason make what they are doing to people right. This is what they do to thieves, quick turn around, little money.

Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: MathMan] #7233084 07/23/18 04:10 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A TFF member contacted me this morning to learn about the hearing process to recover stolen property. See, he had a break in at his home awhile back. Much of his stuff has been found at local pawn shops. Yep, pawn shops are real honest operators. Anyone who believes that has their head up their arse.

Re: Stolen Long Range Custom Rifle!!!! $1000 Reward! [Re: fouzman] #7234345 07/24/18 06:51 PM
K
kyle1974 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: fouzman
A TFF member contacted me this morning to learn about the hearing process to recover stolen property. See, he had a break in at his home awhile back. Much of his stuff has been found at local pawn shops. Yep, pawn shops are real honest operators. Anyone who believes that has their head up their arse.

I'm sure it was a simple misunderstanding. It was probably a neurosurgeon that sold the firearms, and since the pawn shop was paying fair market value, they thought it was a legitimate sell.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide