Page 1 of 2 1 2
Let's talk supplements #6805641 06/27/17 12:23 PM
F
FoxTrot Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
So, since I graduated college, I put on about 40lbs. I graduated in Dec of 06. Im down 5lbs from that so let's say net 35lbs.

I would love to be back at my college weight 170lbs however I am perfectly fine with hitting 180lbs. Im currently sitting at 205ish. I was at 213 at my heaviest.

I started eating healthy last week. I kicked sodas, fried foods, most starches, etc. out of my diet and added more lean protein, fruits and veggies. I significantly reduced the amount of alcohol I was consuming as well.

I started back to working out this morning and plan on 2-3 days a week of weights and 2 days of cardio.

I currently take pre-workout. What else would anyone recommend for general weight loss, toning and overall health?

Originally Posted By: Chief Joe
I avoid Dick's and hope they fold.
Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6805644 06/27/17 12:25 PM
F
FoxTrot Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Im also an Advocare distributor. I only have that for the discount on Spark so I know nothing about their other products but willing to listen

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6805649 06/27/17 12:29 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I think all that stuff is bunk for the most part. Just eat healthy drink lots of water and high protiens. It will take time but if you stay with your work out it will happen.

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6805653 06/27/17 12:31 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
If you can get your doctor to prescribe you some steroids that would help you a lot for muscle mass. They do have their place.

You look at guys like Arnold they did steroids to get to where they are.

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6806061 06/27/17 06:11 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Phentermine works. Need to healthy, have the doctor check your blood pressure, and take the B12 shots as they recommend.

The diet pills work the 1st time, but lack the same effect after their first use

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6806116 06/27/17 06:56 PM
M
MacDaddy21 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Sounds like you are on a good path with your diet and have made some solid changes. If you want to focus on weight loss I would suggest a bit more cardio, but change it up and add in some HIIT cardio.

My favorite pre-workout (after trying quite a few) is Mesomorph. I've tried all the popular best sellers from bodybuilding.com and also tried several recommended by a good friend who worked at GNC. I really like the Mesomorph compared to all the others. I have 3 other friends also using Mesomorph and loving it. I've also used BCAA's during my workout but tend to prefer drinking ice water. Some of those flavors are just too much for me and I end up not drinking enough water during my workout. I routinely add pure L-Glutamine to my preworkout. It is unflavored and has quite a few benefits, definitely worth reading about. I also have pure Beta Alanine that I will occasionally add in if I feel the need for the extra boost. However, the Mesomorph is so potent I don't need to add any extra Beta-Alanine. The only other supplement I'm really interested in trying right now is some Nitric Oxide booster.

Are you going to a gym or working out at home?

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6806152 06/27/17 07:26 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Do not focus on cardio for weight loss unless it's hiit. Focus on building muscle and you will lose the fat.

I'm a big jim stoppani fan. All the way from his workouts to his jymsupplementscience. He can debunk any other pre workout, post workout, and most proteins. Just watch a few of his videos, he has his PhD in this stuff.

It literally is 80 percent kitchen, 20 percent exercise.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: KWood_TSU] #6806367 06/27/17 11:27 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: KWood_TSU

This is true for weight loss. You can't outwork a bad diet.

Stay in a caloric deficit with proper amount of protein and the weight will fall off.

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6806442 06/28/17 12:49 AM
F
FoxTrot Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I am working out in the gym at work. It is small but has just about everything except a squat rack.

KWood, I actually watched a couple of his videos today. Seems legit

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6806505 06/28/17 02:31 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: FoxTrot
I am working out in the gym at work. It is small but has just about everything except a squat rack.

KWood, I actually watched a couple of his videos today. Seems legit

Yes sir. If you want to get extremely serious about losing weight it's more about macros than calories too. That's your fat, carbs, and protein.
I'm 6' and weighed the exact same as you. I know weigh 170 and trying to get to 185+. It sure is a lot easier to lose fat than build muscle though lol.

I also find I'm goal oriented too, and you might be as well. If I have something to work to, I stay motivated. To get you active, you might try obstacle course racing. I did my first one and sucked, and that fueled me as I knew I was better than that. Try conquer the gauntlet. Fairly cheap, well ran, and will test you! But most importantly, they're just fun.
There's one in Austin at the yo ranch on Oct 21. That gives you time to train etc. If you want to do it, let me know and I'll get you a code to help on the price.

Some pics from this last weekend's race in OKC. And you don't have to do the rope climb like that, that's just me showing off to be frank.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: DocHorton] #6807519 06/29/17 02:19 AM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: DocHorton
Originally Posted By: KWood_TSU

This is true for weight loss. You can't outwork a bad diet.

Stay in a caloric deficit with proper amount of protein and the weight will fall off.

^^This is great advice. A suggestion to assist with your progress is to monitor your fuel and fluid intake. Specifically water. Nobody to this point mentioned or asked about your daily fluid intake. If you are not hydrated sufficiently your metabolism will not function properly and will impede any tissue loss (fat burning) and muscle recovery through elimination of waste products.

A basic calculation for hydration is .66 X body weight = # ounces needed daily. This will be dependent on activity level. Example: .66 X 235 lbs. = 155 ounces. A gallon = 128 oz. It is impossible to go from low fluid intake to a gallon plus overnight. This should be gradual but it will make a tremendous difference in how you feel and the inch loss and speed up your metabolism.

I would also add a recovery protocol to your intake. Within 30-45 minutes after training take in a 3:1 ratio of protein:carb. One of the best is chocolate milk.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6807731 06/29/17 01:08 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
drink a lot of water...a lot of water. Eat healthy...cut all that bad dieting out. Get in the gym atleast five days a week. Focus more on HIIT cardio training with high rep lifting to cut up. It all starts with motivation though. If you want to take supps, I definitely recc. pre workout. Try to get yourself some that contains DMAA. That stuff will give you focus like you were on Adderall. Whey protein, Creatine...t boosters from sup stores....All that crap is bunk gear they sell for hype. You'll get the supps you need from the food you eat. If you start hitting the gym hard and focus on that diet change, you'll see results. But to your question about the supplements. The only supplement I would recommend is pre workout. Now everyones body reacts different to stims. Some guys can drink a cup of coffee and be ready to go. I take a non caffeinated pre workout that contains dmaa in it. Its sick on pumps and focus. I train to gain muscle mass and bulk mass though. I'm reverse dieting, and lifting heavy. But I been doing this all my life with my lifting buddies. We eat big and lift big... All of us are over 220 lbs though, and yes we done AAS before, some still do, but that's a life decision that's up to you, but I wouldn't recommend it cause its addicting and hard to stop. In summary, to cut that fat. HIIT cardio training, look it up. and when lifting, start over to the basics and re teach yourself correct form, then hit high rep sets. That'll cut you up for sure and make you burn. Increase weight over time. Find a good group of guys or girls to workout with and that'll help definitely. Yall could help and grow with each other.

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6807737 06/29/17 01:12 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Also get plenty of rest....you should atleast get 8 hrs of sleep. Hit your muscle groups hard, then rest good. They need that recovery time.

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6807739 06/29/17 01:15 PM
M
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
DMAA is legit.

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: MacDaddy21] #6807744 06/29/17 01:20 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: MacDaddy21
DMAA is legit.
Very, I would suggest anyone who takes pre-workout should try switching over to a brand that contains it. Most of the time, I have to order mine online as the sup stores rarely carry it. If they do, the sup company changes the name to geranium oil or something to hide its identity. Twas banned by the fda..

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6807757 06/29/17 01:31 PM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
DMAA - Risky

Any short term "benefit" is not worth a lifetime of risk.

[Linked Image]
Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: DPirates80] #6807788 06/29/17 01:51 PM
M
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: DPirates80
DMAA is legit.
Very, I would suggest anyone who takes pre-workout should try switching over to a brand that contains it. Most of the time, I have to order mine online as the sup stores rarely carry it. If they do, the sup company changes the name to geranium oil or something to hide its identity. Twas banned by the fda..

Which pre workout are you using now?

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: H2O Seeker] #6807789 06/29/17 01:51 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: H2O Seeker
DMAA - Risky

Any short term "benefit" is not worth a lifetime of risk.
LOL. I love the stuff. If you're a serious gainer and want that insane focus and pump vascularity in the gym, then I highly recommend it regardless of what the fda says. Its good stuff and has results to back it.

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: MacDaddy21] #6807790 06/29/17 01:52 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
DMAA is legit.

Which pre workout are you using now?
Was Taking Dust Xtreme by BSL. I'm out of it right now and ordered some Wicked, but it hasn't came in yet. Dust is good [censored] man.

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6807806 06/29/17 02:05 PM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Just pointing out facts from my experience and working with clients/patients/athletes for 30 years. Your health and your nads to do with as you please.

[Linked Image]
Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: H2O Seeker] #6807849 06/29/17 02:52 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Just pointing out facts from my experience and working with clients/patients/athletes for 30 years. Your health and your nads to do with as you please.
Nads??...explain lol

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: DPirates80] #6807879 06/29/17 03:17 PM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Nads??...explain lol

You're young...you'll see.

[Linked Image]
Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: H2O Seeker] #6807885 06/29/17 03:24 PM
D
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Nads??...explain lol

No, I'm 28,I know where you were going with that but I was wanting to know if you actually knew, or had a reason behind it for AAS maybe? If you properly use gear support as necessary, you won't have those problems. It is the guys who abuse the crap out of AAS and don't ever take anything to block that extra estrogen build up. Guys like that end up on TRT after they finally had enough of the body building industry. And DMAA(pre-workout), will not harm your sexual organs. lol

Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: DPirates80] #6807904 06/29/17 03:43 PM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Nads??...explain lol

No, I'm 28,I know where you were going with that but I was wanting to know if you actually knew, or had a reason behind it for AAS maybe? If you properly use gear support as necessary, you won't have those problems. It is the guys who abuse the crap out of AAS and don't ever take anything to block that extra estrogen build up. Guys like that end up on TRT after they finally had enough of the body building industry. And DMAA(pre-workout), will not harm your sexual organs. lol

It was more general than simply focused on DMAA specifically. I have seen both sides of it. The reality is it impacts each person differently. I have witnessed athletes lose their careers so yes I am aware.

[Linked Image]
Re: Let's talk supplements [Re: FoxTrot] #6807913 06/29/17 03:54 PM
R
ronlhodges Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Well so far your doing good . Keep up the exercise as well as the cardio . That's a fact I know I wouldn't be in if I had kept it up 20 yrs ago . I'm old , got a stent in the heart and too over weight . Cardio is great to work on . Even tho things are tempting watch what you eat . You don't have to be a smoker or drinker to get in bad shape !

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide