Print Thread
Burnt Lake Outfitters - Alberta, Canada #6798071 06/19/17 11:20 PM
T
TxYoteHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
If your considering a black bear hunt, this outfitter is really good in my opinion. Went on a 6 day hunt with them back in May of this year and got 2 nice black bears. Both weighed about 300 lbs or better and had thick perfect fur. My wife wanted good hides for rugs and these were great for that. One of the hunters got 2 really large bears, probably in the range of 425 lbs or better. One was black and the 2nd was a color phase, cinnamon. Both were just really big with great fur.
You fly into Fort McMurray in Alberta and take a cab to your hotel. One of the guides will pick you up the following morning and take you to the hunting camp. Camp consist of wall tents with wood stoves, a cot and a chair. There's plenty of cut wood in camp for everyone.
The owner, Brian, made sure that the entire staff of guides and the cooks were prepared and had everything they needed to make our hunting experience a good one. He did not disappoint us at all. He's been in the business as an outfitter for several years and has the rights to a huge amount of hunting land. He has a hunting lodge for his white tail hunts and another area for moose hunts as well. He's a great guy to hunt with. He'd fit in well on this forum because he can talk more BS than most of us on here. But, he knows his stuff when it comes to his clients and hunting. I'm trying to figure out when I can get back up there for another hunt.
Our cooks, 2 great ladies tried to fatten us up at every meal. 3 big meals each day, freshly cooked and served up with everything we needed and then some. Snacks are always available too. Coffee is always on. These ladies were 100% great at all times.
The guides, 4 really good guys, were always busy in the mornings making sure the sites were baited and ready for all of us on our hunts which normally started at 4pm and went until dark. They take you to your stands and pick you up at dark or earlier if you text them and tell them to come get you. The texting was normally only done when we had a bear down and needed them to pick it up and take it to camp. These guys made sure we were set up for a good hunt. They used beaver for bait along with some dog food saturated in a sort of beaver juice, beaver oil concoction. You don't want it on your clothes. These fellows skin out your bears and prep the hide and freeze it for you to transport back home. Meat is not allowed to keep.
We had 7 hunters in camp when I went and we got a total of 12 bears. A couple of guys opted for only 1 tag each rather than the 2 each that the rest of us got. They were being more picky on size I guess and I don't think either got a bear at all. You can hunt with rifle, muzzle loader or bows. Your choice. Contact Brian if you want more information and he can give you any of the details I may have left out.

BurntLakeoutfitters.com

I have no ties to this group other than being a very satisfied client.

Re: Burnt Lake Outfitters - Alberta, Canada [Re: TxYoteHunter] #6825883 07/18/17 11:18 AM
T
TxYoteHunter Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
This guy also does White tail and moose hunts if anyone might be interested.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide