In spite of the insane heat this weekend, I was able to get 4 plots disked this weekend. I had sprayed them about 3 weeks ago, and even though I went light on roundup, I got a pretty good result. All of the weeds were gone, and most of the grass was either dead, or nearly dead. This one in the photo is about 1/2 acre, and just to the south of a feeder and blind out of frame to the right. The other 3 are in similar areas, but a little larger. The largest is about an acre.
I have noticed a few in the past, but this year, the field in the photo was absolutely FULL of wild onions. As I was disking it smelled like a burger joint. Not sure how the deer will take to them, but I exposed a bunch! Too bad it was in an area I sprayed, or I would have gathered some for the kitchen.
Once we get to cooler weather I plan to broadcast oats in all 4 areas for late Fall and winter forage. No cattle on these fields currently, so hoping for good growth. Also planning to take soil sample in for testing and fertilize accordingly.
Not sure why photo is 90 degrees off and no idea how to fix. Sorry for any neck aches.