Re: that 15 yard test [Re: J.G.] #6803501 06/25/17 12:07 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: yotehater
Im waiting on the AR500 results. My swinging 550 gong dimpled at 75 yds with a 40 grain vmax out of a 24" .223

That bullet is way too fast for armor steel, that close. 3200 fps MV is rule of thumb. High energy does not hurt them, high speed does.

When I've had clients want to get DOPE on .224" cartridges, I put clays on the berm at 200 yards, otherwise it'll dimple my AR 500.

I agree, the muzzle velocity chronoed at 3425 fps. Its amazing what a tiny pill at high velocity can do. The 300 BLK just splatters like a handgun round.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6803533 06/25/17 12:58 PM
S
swmays Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
What's with this 15 yard crap? I''d like video of the steel touching the muzzle. That's the true 'volocity at the muzzle'.

Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6803590 06/25/17 02:49 PM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
A man can definitely get some holier than thou replies on here.

Pee on Photobucket
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6804422 06/26/17 01:53 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I'm not holier than anybody, I just know a stupid idea when I hear it. I think that's where the criticism is coming from...

Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6804425 06/26/17 01:55 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
"Hey let's go videotape ourselves playing with that alligator"

"We should take a video of you running across that highway"

"What if we taped an episode of us shooting static mild steel at 15 yards with a rifle behind some particle board"

^all things I would've chosen not to do beforehand

Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6804930 06/26/17 08:35 PM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
clap

Pee on Photobucket
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Ramball36] #6805383 06/27/17 02:24 AM
CharlieSierraDelta Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: Ramball36
"Hey let's go videotape ourselves playing with that alligator"

"We should take a video of you running across that highway"

"What if we taped an episode of us shooting static mild steel at 15 yards with a rifle behind some particle board"

^all things I would've chosen not to do beforehand

Your such a cool guy... Maybe one day I can be as awesome as you are. Now go find another thread to spew your bullsht in.

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6805411 06/27/17 02:38 AM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Lighten up Francis it's not my fault you showed us all your dumb idea

Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Ramball36] #6805556 06/27/17 05:52 AM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

And they plan to continue filming it.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Ramball36] #6805782 06/27/17 02:12 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

x1000.

Someone posts a video of themselves doing one of the most idiotic things any of us have ever seen with a FIREARM and then gets butthurt about the comments. roflmao

Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6805882 06/27/17 03:20 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
No reason not to try to disprove a myth, stretch the functionality of something, take a scientific approach to "what if I" or even to see how different ammo/ steel reacts in different situations. "BUT" never check your brain/commonsense at the door. Always make safety a priority in everything you do, especially if you have a family. Ultimately someone is depending on you to come back home.

Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Ramball36] #6805963 06/27/17 04:34 PM
T
Tactical Cowboy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

You win the internet for today!!

The secret to a long life is to try not to shorten it.
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6806605 06/28/17 04:24 AM
Tracker
Tracker
Here's the deal.

Anyone that shoots steel targets....a lot, will eventually have jacket come back at them. It's just the nature of the game.

Regardless, when we went into it we knew we were chancing it. It wouldn't have mattered if our barricade was made out of 1 inch ar500, because the jacket bridged a gap between rifle and barricade of about 1/2".

Sometimes [censored] happens. I've been scarred by lots of things in life. Some out of stupidity/arrogance and some just straight chance.

This one was just chance. It happens.

It saddens me that there are so many people on here that are type A fudds.

In actuality, I am probably one of the people that you would want to have on you side. We made mistakes, we are correcting that. No matter how many times that has been stated it apparently goes un-noticed.

I, we, are going to finish the test. We have different protocols for the test although it falls on deaf ears. If anyone is interested in witnessing what rifles will shoot through a given piece of steel just visit my youtube page. For all of you that just want to puff out your chests with your perfection, just ignore this post.

Thanks

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: CharlieSierraDelta] #6806631 06/28/17 05:23 AM
I
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Offline
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: CharlieSierraDelta
Here's the deal.

Anyone that shoots steel targets....a lot, will eventually have jacket come back at them. It's just the nature of the game.

Regardless, when we went into it we knew we were chancing it. It wouldn't have mattered if our barricade was made out of 1 inch ar500, because the jacket bridged a gap between rifle and barricade of about 1/2".

Sometimes [censored] happens. I've been scarred by lots of things in life. Some out of stupidity/arrogance and some just straight chance.

In actuality, I am probably one of the people that you would want to have on you side. We made mistakes, we are correcting that. No matter how many times that has been stated it apparently goes un-noticed.

I, we, are going to finish the test. We have different protocols for the test although it falls on deaf ears. If anyone is interested in witnessing what rifles will shoot through a given piece of steel just visit my youtube page. For all of you that just want to puff out your chests with your perfection, just ignore this post.

Thanks

Ain't the internet great? A bunch of clowns that probably call themselves Christians that love to judge others from the safety of their keyboards. They pick and choose the parts of the bible they want to live by, and ignore the parts that aren't convenient. Judge not lest ye be judged yourself? Nope. That one don't count. It's too much fun to make comments on the THF that they'd never say to your face. Don't let the sinners get you worked up brother.

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Haha yea I polished that thing for hours.
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6806632 06/28/17 05:23 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
I would shoot next to Clint any day of the week long as the target isn't 15 yards lol. I do not think he GAF what some folks think and I like it cheers

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Bee'z] #6806636 06/28/17 05:30 AM
Tracker
Tracker
We have shot together, and you won. Lol. Sometimes life is like that. Glad to know people like you and Jerms.

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6806637 06/28/17 05:32 AM
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn
Here's the deal.

Thanks

Ain't the internet great? A bunch of clowns that probably call themselves Christians that love to judge others from the safety of their keyboards. They pick and choose the parts of the bible they want to live by, and ignore the parts that aren't convenient. Judge not lest ye be judged yourself? Nope. That one don't count. It's too much fun to make comments on the THF that they'd never say to your face. Don't let the sinners get you worked up brother.

Just like a Baptist on a boat with a cooler full of beers on a sunday. Lol

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: CharlieSierraDelta] #6806640 06/28/17 05:37 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
We have shot together, and you won got lucky. Lol. Sometimes life is like that. Glad to know people like you and Jerms.

FIFY. I am thinking I may cook this next one lol. I need to find some gold medal match cheaper than $145 or wifey is going to have a chit fit. Shut up Kyle... I now your snickering in Hawaii lol

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: CharlieSierraDelta] #6806641 06/28/17 05:39 AM
Tracker
Tracker
We have shot together, and you won. Lol. Sometimes life is like that. Glad to know people like you and Jerms.

There is a few select others that we know that can be proud to be Texans. I think I've got one hand that I'm counting on unfortunately.

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: CharlieSierraDelta] #6806642 06/28/17 05:39 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Here's the deal.

Thanks

You... Stay out of my GD cooler.

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Bee'z] #6806644 06/28/17 05:40 AM
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: 2Beez
Here's the deal.

Thanks

You... Stay out of my GD cooler.

Hey bro, I brought my own faux yeti last match. Lol

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #6806645 06/28/17 05:41 AM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

...says the kettle to the pot.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Dave3575] #6806646 06/28/17 05:42 AM
Tracker
Tracker
Thanks JG, although we will never agree on bushnell optics. bang

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: Toxarch] #6806647 06/28/17 05:43 AM
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: Toxarch

...says the kettle to the pot.

Kettle who?

Oh, you must be that guy....

[Linked Image]
Re: that 15 yard test [Re: CharlieSierraDelta] #6806648 06/28/17 05:44 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Hey bro, I brought my own faux yeti last match. Lol

Spelled RTIC lol.