Decided to try and establish byg in a couple of my wetlands this year. It is supposed to produce 600-700 lbs/acre of seed and comeback with discing. Once it comes back it's then "native" and can be manipulated.
Here's what worked.
Compartment one-2 acres
1. drained in march and disced late march
2. Put out 10 lbs/acre seed.
3. Sprayed grazon in April to control broadleaf.
4. Flushed water once in May and once today.
Knee high and looking great.
Knee high and thick as if today.
Marsh 2- 7 acres.
1. Drained in march.
2. Disced in march.
3. No seed planted.
4. Flooded in April for 2-3 days.
5. Treated with grazon.
6. Knee high and looking great.
Sunflowers are doing otay too.