435370 Topics
5995897 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6791801 - 06/13/17 06:37 AM Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas
TakeMeLord Offline
Bird Dog

Yesterday I fished with Kirk Kirkland of Trinity, Texas.

This was on my "bucket list." Always had a desire to fish for Alligator Gar here in Texas. After doing some research, I chose Kirk for my guide. And I needed a guide. After spending a day with Kirk, I realized that without Kirk I never would have landed a single fish yesterday.

Kirk knows his stuff. He knows what those gar will do and when they will do it. Kirk has special techniques for catching a monster gar even if they wrap the line around a submerged tree.

Kirk knows how to set up the rig and bait.

Custom built boat just for pole fishing for gar.

Private boat ramp so your valuables are safe in the ruck while you are on the water.

Talks to the fisherman in a kind, polite manner.

Knows how to get those monsters in the boat.

Has a method for safely getting that monster fish in your lap for a presentation photo.

Always gets that gar back into the water safely so that he can be caught again.

Excellent communication skills for setting up the dates.

Knows how to do it all. I HIGHLY recommend Kirk for Alligator Gar fishing here in Texas, catch and release with rod and reel / pole. And I was an African Safari booking agent for 7 years, I know a good guide!

#6792362 - 06/13/17 04:37 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: TakeMeLord]
SherpaPhil Offline
Outdoorsman

Loc: Dallas
I have fished with Kirk a couple of times and completely agree with the above. Can't recommend him highly enough!

#6792510 - 06/13/17 07:13 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: TakeMeLord]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Graham to Arlington
I wasn't a fan of his arrogance and how he thought he was the end all gator gar fisherman. The guy knows his stuff and no doubt can catch gar but there's lots of folks that can catch big gar. Ive caught plenty with other guides and they didn't have the arrogance he had.

#6792568 - 06/13/17 08:46 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: cmc]
Brother in-law Online   content
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: cmc
I wasn't a fan of his arrogance and how he thought he was the end all gator gar fisherman. The guy knows his stuff and no doubt can catch gar but there's lots of folks that can catch big gar. Ive caught plenty with other guides and they didn't have the arrogance he had.

#6793551 - 06/14/17 05:45 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: cmc]
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: texas
Originally Posted By: cmc

What other guides have you fished with?

#6794020 - 06/15/17 08:18 AM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: TakeMeLord]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Recently Chris Moody but Dawson Hefner and Bubba Bedre both are very good guides. Bubba does a lot of foreign fishing shows and catches some big fish.

#6795567 - 06/16/17 06:47 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: cmc]
DUCKHUNTR35 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Huntsville Texas
I am not arrogant I am confident and that's a fact I was doing this well before any of those other guys ever thought about alligator gar fishing with a rod and reel. I have filmed over 45 TV shows for alligator gar and still counting. When did you fish with me ?

#6796293 - 06/17/17 04:28 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: DUCKHUNTR35]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Originally Posted By: DUCKHUNTR35
I am not arrogant I am confident and that's a fact I was doing this well before any of those other guys ever thought about alligator gar fishing with a rod and reel. I have filmed over 45 TV shows for alligator gar and still counting. When did you fish with me ?
either way we didn't get along I never fished with you just because our personalities didn't go good together. I'm not saying you can't fish and I know you've filmed shows but that doesn't mean that the other guys can't fish. I know you do well and have plenty clients and I'm not trying to take that away from you I just personally didn't think I would enjoy a trip with you after several conversations. I ain't mad about it and I might be the one hard to get along with but it's my hard earned money so I spend it where I think I will get the most enjoyment from it. Good luck to you.

#6796493 - 06/17/17 09:46 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: TakeMeLord]
TakeMeLord Offline
Bird Dog

Well, I have hunted and fished from Alaska to Panama to Africa. 40 years of it. Lots of it. If you want an alligator gar, call Kirk Kirkland. God Bless !

#6796561 - 06/17/17 10:44 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: TakeMeLord]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Well I've hunted and fished from Canada to Mexico to Thailand and if you want a alligator gar and wanna feel like your fishing with your buddy and not being told how good he is call any of the others.

#6798113 - 06/19/17 06:56 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: TakeMeLord]
DUCKHUNTR35 Offline
Pro Tracker

Cmc why don't you take your negative comments elsewhere. No one asked your opinion. I don't ever tell anyone how good I am my clients and friends do it for me

#6798142 - 06/19/17 07:34 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: DUCKHUNTR35]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Cmc why don't you take your negative comments elsewhere. No one asked your opinion. I don't ever tell anyone how good I am my clients and friends do it for me
you mean to tell me a guy as good as you with clients from around world and a reputation as the best gar guide in history is gonna let a few negative opinions from a nobody, wanna be fishermen affect you? Why concern yourself with someone like me, my comments could never tarnish anything you've done.

#6798172 - 06/19/17 08:27 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: TakeMeLord]
DUCKHUNTR35 Offline
Pro Tracker

You finally told the truth

#6798213 - 06/19/17 09:23 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: DUCKHUNTR35]
cmc Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

You finally told the truth
roflmao

#6800507 - 06/21/17 10:11 PM Re: Fishing for Alligator Gar Trinity River Texas [Re: TakeMeLord]
DUCKHUNTR35 Offline
Pro Tracker

Why don't you go troll someone else's post who wants or needs your comments. Instead of making negative comments if you have nothing good to say try keeping it to yourself. You come off bitter and confused. I am sure with my many friends and clients in Thailand I can find someone who has fished with you that knows your amazing fishing skills . Almost as good as your comments

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide