Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,952
Posts9,731,065
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain #6783726 06/05/17 12:54 AM
G
GPS Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
G
Yesterday I went to the Lewisville Gander Mountain and looked around to see if there was anything I couldn't live without. I found a Under Armor Scent Lock Jacket and Pants in my size and at 40% off, I decided to get them. When I went to pay for them the pants rang up $10 higher than the original price tag that was still on them. All discounts were going to be taken at the cash register, so no one had changed the tags at all.

When I called that out to the cashier, he told me in a very polite voice, "I'm sorry sir, GM doesn't own the inventory, it is owned by a liquidation company and we can't change any prices". I said excuse me? But my face said something completely different. I explained to him that I didn't care who owned what, I was in his store, picked up an item from one of his racks that was priced with his price tag and I expected him to correct the price. The guy latterly had no idea what to do or how to fix this. He tried to remind me for a second time that GM doesn't own the inventory, it is owned by a liquidation company and we can't change any prices. I finally told him that I didn't care if he had to reach in the resister and pull out the difference in cash, but I wasn't going to pay a higher price than what was marked on the price tag. He is now in full panic mode and lucky for him someone came over and did their magic and corrected the situation.

Pay attention to the marked prices.

Greg

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6783734 06/05/17 01:02 AM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Not surprised.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6783952 06/05/17 11:18 AM
J
JJFox09 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I went to gander mountain a couple of weeks ago and found a shirt I liked. I can't remember the exact numbers but the sign said "this percent off lowest price listed on tag". The shirt was suppose to come out to around $20-25. It rang up $40 something. I told them I thought it was suppose to be lower since it was that percentage off the tag price. They said no, the percentage was off the original price, again, not what the sign said. I didn't feel like arguing with them. Left the shirt at the counter and walked out.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6784015 06/05/17 12:55 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
They aren't nicknamed "Gouger Mountain" for nothing! I've never had a good experience with them, and quit patronizing them a couple of years ago because of their prices and attitudes.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6784035 06/05/17 01:16 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I won't miss them at all.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6784051 06/05/17 01:33 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
All he's saying is that "his store" isn't "his store" anymore. They've either come to some sort of pre-foreclosure agreement or have sold all of the inventory to another company at a huge discount and are still operating as if it's them selling it, but in reality all proceeds go to the new owner (bank).

You can argue until you're blue in the face or just not buy it. But you can't force them to sell you something for a price they don't have the legal capacity to change.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6784426 06/05/17 08:05 PM
J
jhenderson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Seen that a lot at stores being liquidated. Watch the tags. They will tag $5-10 higher then "mark down" back to original. Until they get desperate and are about to close for good prices rarely come out good on the buying end.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: Choctaw] #6784843 06/06/17 03:01 AM
G
GPS Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
G
They have clearly liquidated the inventory. But as I told the cashier, I didn't care what they had to do, but they were going to sell me the item at the marked price and then discount it.

Greg

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6784931 06/06/17 10:36 AM
D
deewayne2003 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Are yall really surprised?..... Last time I drove by the one in Sherman, there was a guy standing at the hwy75 & 56 intersection holding a sign that said....

"Gander Mountain Firearm Blowout Special! All Guns 5% Off!!!! - This Store Only!"

If the sign was true it just means their 20%ish higher than anywhere else.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: Choctaw] #6785358 06/06/17 06:31 PM
K
kbolt Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
Originally Posted By: Choctaw
I won't miss them at all.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6785400 06/06/17 06:59 PM
H
HoldPoint Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: GPS
Yesterday I went to the Lewisville Gander Mountain and looked around to see if there was anything I couldn't live without. I found a Under Armor Scent Lock Jacket and Pants in my size and at 40% off, I decided to get them. When I went to pay for them the pants rang up $10 higher than the original price tag that was still on them. All discounts were going to be taken at the cash register, so no one had changed the tags at all.

When I called that out to the cashier, he told me in a very polite voice, "I'm sorry sir, GM doesn't own the inventory, it is owned by a liquidation company and we can't change any prices". I said excuse me? But my face said something completely different. I explained to him that I didn't care who owned what, I was in his store, picked up an item from one of his racks that was priced with his price tag and I expected him to correct the price. The guy latterly had no idea what to do or how to fix this. He tried to remind me for a second time that GM doesn't own the inventory, it is owned by a liquidation company and we can't change any prices. I finally told him that I didn't care if he had to reach in the resister and pull out the difference in cash, but I wasn't going to pay a higher price than what was marked on the price tag. He is now in full panic mode and lucky for him someone came over and did their magic and corrected the situation.

I'm sure the minimum wage cashier appreciated the encounter. I would have told you to put it back on the rack.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6785455 06/06/17 07:53 PM
F
foodieguy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
The one by me is so chaotic with merchandise scattered all over. It's pretty hard to tell what the price really is gonna be until you get up to the counter. I did get a good deal on a 30 qt pot though and some misc hunting gear. YMMV, be safe out there.

Adult late onset hunter. Why did I wait so long to get started?
Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6785832 06/07/17 01:34 AM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C

when chit like that happens, I walk out, rather do business with good company's

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6786774 06/08/17 12:24 AM
T
TTUhunter4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

Wow. Way to go treating someone making $8.00 an hour like dirt.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal."
Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6788081 06/09/17 03:17 AM
G
GPS Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
G
Really this is my fault, my problem. I never raised my voice. You assumed I did. As I said in my post, when he told me that he wasn't going to do anything about the pricing problem because they didn't own the inventory, I told him I didn't care who owned it and that they were going to fix the price.

As far as age or what they make. Irrelevant! They are the face of the company and that's the person that delivered the message to me. He panicked because he didn't think anyone would actual pay attention to what was ringing up.

Now, if anyone knows someone at Liquidation company that owns this inventory, please give me their name. I will be more than happy to speak with them.

Greg

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6789990 06/11/17 02:31 PM
S
samsamthemex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
maybe going straight to the manager would have been better. after all they are the ones who usually have to make that call. Also i don't think any one making $8 an hour actually cares what the prices rings up to compared to tag price. not all but most.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6793895 06/15/17 05:25 AM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Hold up there fine gen-tl-men (does his Sheriff Bufford T. Justice voice)...GPS was in the right here. If a company has a sale, and someone takes time out to walk inside and spend their money, then they deserve the price that is listed.

He stood up for himself and said he deserved the price listed.

Don't get all riled up at him. I, personally, have had many a time one of those "8.00 an hour" fellas just matter-o-factly told me what was up and not up and had to let them know they were wrong.

The man gave a public service announcement to watch your tickets. No need to bite his head off.. we were not there.

Go enjoy a beer and see if you can catch another sale :P

R

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6796958 06/18/17 05:45 PM
D
Duck_or_bleed Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
They are clowning the gander mountain down in San Antonio Texas and everything is 60 percent off its insane I bought all the remaining crossbows for penny on the dollar and guns are 30 percent off still eating on it to go Down a little more

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6796960 06/18/17 05:46 PM
D
Duck_or_bleed Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Closing and waiting * damn typo

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6797035 06/18/17 07:09 PM
O
olinecoach Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
I used to like Gander Mountain.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: TTUhunter4] #6803916 06/25/17 09:56 PM
S
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: TTUhunter4

Wow. Way to go treating someone making $8.00 an hour like dirt.

So just because he's making $8 an hour he shouldn't take pride in his job? everyone has to start somewhere and i have no problem telling them if something's not right.

Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6804852 06/26/17 07:27 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
GPS is a good member.

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6808052 06/29/17 06:35 PM
D
daulongranch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
GM store is across the street from Academy in Mesquite. There has never been anyone in parking lot over there, while Academy is always full. I never liked Gander Mountain. There closing does nothing to me or for me. BYE BYE

daulongranch - Live in Rowlett - Ranch in Concho County

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-- Thomas Jefferson
Re: Keep an eye on your reciept and prices at Gander Mountain [Re: GPS] #6808268 06/29/17 10:50 PM
P
poisonivie Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I decided to go by the one in Lake Worth yesterday to see if shotgun shells were cheap yet. Ha! At 20% off they were still higher than I buy them for everyday. I wouldn't pee on them if they were on fire.

Pee on Photobucket
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide