432784 Topics
5962278 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#6769042 - 05/19/17 05:42 PM Grab a gun warning
Cleric Offline
Veteran Tracker

When they say in stock, it does not mean in stock.

I went to buy a gun there but they said it would take 3-5 days for them to get it, even though their website said they have it

#6769061 - 05/19/17 05:59 PM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
Precision_Shooter Offline

Loc: Crossroads, TX
That's typical with way too many online retailers these days. It's how they keep customers. If everyone really listed the true stock status of items, they would lose a lot of business to other retailers... most people order and then just deal with the wait when they realize it's not actually in stock, rather than go through the hassle of a refund/cancelling the order etc...

Edited by Precision_Shooter (05/19/17 06:00 PM)
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

#6769126 - 05/19/17 07:08 PM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
Cleric Offline
Veteran Tracker

Well they lost one today...I was going to buy a gun from them, but I couldn't

My issue with it, is that A) it's deceptive and B) the distributor has no motive to hurry up and C) if something goes wrong a third company is in the mix

#6769151 - 05/19/17 07:48 PM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
FiremanJG Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Pacific Tool and Gauge showed a reamer in stock, I paid for it, they took my money, and two days later sent me an e-mail saying it would be 4-6 weeks.

As far as I'm concerned, they lied to me, and as of right now, they are in possession of my stolen property. bs I say.

I'll be giving them some motivation on Monday.

800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#6769222 - 05/19/17 08:50 PM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: FiremanJG]
Cleric Offline
Veteran Tracker

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Pacific Tool and Gauge showed a reamer in stock, I paid for it, they took my money, and two days later sent me an e-mail saying it would be 4-6 weeks.

As far as I'm concerned, they lied to me, and as of right now, they are in possession of my stolen property. bs I say.

Without a notice before hand??? They should give you your money back until they are ready to ship.

Why do you need a reamer? Didn't think you cut your own barrel

#6769242 - 05/19/17 09:11 PM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
hetman Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Addison Tx or Cisco Tx
I have bought several guns from grab a gun but always go to the store in Coppell & have not had any problems & I have had to wait while they transferred weapons from other warehouse's but was told at the time of purchase. Never have bought across the internet from them and it may be different

[IMG][/IMG]

You made a mistake
You got the wrong guy
I’m only guilty of a damn good time

#6769289 - 05/19/17 10:13 PM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
bigjoe8565 Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Mesquite, Tx
Similar thing happened to me with a recent purchase from Buck Shot Sporting Goods. Three weeks after placing my order they failed to ship my gun that was supposedly in stock. They finally refunded my money and were kind enough not to charge me a restocking fee.

#6769372 - 05/20/17 06:23 AM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
WileyCoyote Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
This why I've started ordering online from Whittakers in Owensboro KY. If they say they got it, they'll go put hands on it and confirm it's in stock. Helps to be able to chitchat with the owner if you want to. Best $$ 's anywhere on Howa 1500's. The owner is also is on 24HCF under "shortactionsmoker" screen name regularly.

Bud's is not bad but also has to pull from an offsite warehouse occasionaly that can add a day or 2, but their est'd shipping date has been spot on for me so far.

Haven't bought anything yet from Europtics in Pennsylvania but they've got a good rep for CS...just a little more pricy stuff though with their upscale target market.

The very best On Line seller I've used is CameraLand of New York, and has earned my bidnizz the old fashioned way. Talk to Doug or Neil.
Ron

... we must hang together, or we will ALL hang seperately, Ben Franklin..

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it,Santayana

#6769379 - 05/20/17 06:55 AM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Cleric

Without a notice before hand??? They should give you your money back until they are ready to ship.

Why do you need a reamer? Didn't think you cut your own barrel

I'm an amateur machinist, not qualified to chamber a barrel. But a great friend of mine is, and he didn't have the reamer we needed. So I ordered one so he'd always have it. He doesn't charge me for gun building. I expect about next month he will be bringing me a load of steel to build him some custom gates.

Good ole' boy system. wink

800 Yard Steel Range

#6769435 - 05/20/17 08:08 AM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: FiremanJG]
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DFW

if you paid thru your bank, bank card, its quite easy to just gobto them and have them get your money back.

#6769437 - 05/20/17 08:09 AM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
TxHunter80 Online   content
Bird Dog

Grabagun, Buds, Whittaker's, Eurooptic, and Cameraland have all been good to me. I've ordered the most through Buds/Cameraland but no complaints from any of them. I've ordered a few 700 bottom metals from PTG and found them to be unbeatable for the money. They aren't quick though. I read somewhere recently that they have been going through some growing pains. Their business has grown tremendously in the last few years.

#6769438 - 05/20/17 08:09 AM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Deerhunter61]
THF Celebrity

I'm aware.

Thing is, I found no other supplier with that reamer. Might as well sit on the order and let it show up.

800 Yard Steel Range

#6769441 - 05/20/17 08:17 AM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: Cleric]
WileyCoyote Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
Anybody get in on Darreks Tikka 8 twist 22-250 SO? Tempting...but just got my CAD Tax bill...it never stops even in geezerhood ...Oh well.
Ron

... we must hang together, or we will ALL hang seperately, Ben Franklin..

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it,Santayana

#6769729 - 05/20/17 04:35 PM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: FiremanJG]
colt45 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: bastrop county

contact your cc and get a credit

#6769790 - 05/20/17 05:58 PM Re: Grab a gun warning [Re: colt45]
THF Celebrity

Still not getting it.

I'm fully aware I can stop or refund myself payment. The reamer IS NOT available anywhere else. I will wait on them to ship

800 Yard Steel Range

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide