427937 Topics
5902655 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6766709 - 05/17/17 11:36 AM Observation about factory rifles
Korean Redneck Offline

Loc: Houston
As a true conservative, facts and figures have always meant more in any circumstance than rhetoric...

So I went to my local gander mountain for their bankruptcy sale. 20% off all firearms. Of all the brands of bolt action rifles they careried; Remington, Winchester, savage and river American amongst others. All sorts of ranges of all brands. Guess which brand of bolt rifles was completely sold out? That's right, No Tikkas to be seen.
I won't say it's the best of whatever, but people speak louder with their wallets than their mouths.

#6766721 - 05/17/17 12:00 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
Vern1 Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Pettytown, TX, US of A
I've been there a few times while visiting family in area.
There were never more than two Tikkas in the store at any time I was there.
There were lots of other brands though.

That doesn't mean anything other than they were not there when I was.
NRA Lifetime Member

#6766728 - 05/17/17 12:08 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
How is that lack of any kind of facts suppose to prove anything? All it says to me is you support your own agendas.

#6766729 - 05/17/17 12:08 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
FiremanJG Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
I BEEN SAYIN IT!

800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#6766737 - 05/17/17 12:16 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
Essentially, the Tikka supporters will approve of this sort of "science," and the rest will not.

#6766738 - 05/17/17 12:17 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
Brother in-law Online   content
THF Celebrity

That place sucks

#6766768 - 05/17/17 01:03 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
TDK Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Mineola, TX
Supply is lower with Tikka.
682-554-0044

#6766780 - 05/17/17 01:20 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Hurst
I have a hard time find Tikka's anywhere. They are constantly sold out.

The last 2 I bought were on Gunbroker from out of state.

Tikkas are dependable and they shoot lights out, what more could anyone ask for?

The only thing missing from a good Tikka rifle is a FFP scope!

rifle

Edited by Gone to Texas (05/17/17 01:20 PM)

#6766791 - 05/17/17 01:29 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
ChadTRG42 Online   happy
THF Celebrity

Loc: Lewisville, TX
Yes, Tikka's shoot very well. But Tikka is transitioning from the older T3 to the newer T3X models. Gander wouldn't be buying any of the newer T3X models since they are closing, so they would only have the older T3's available. Every gun distributor I buy from marked the T3's down to FFL's, so FFL's would be selling them for less than normal prices already. I don't think that the conclusion based on retail availability at a closing Gander Mtn would mean the Tikka's are the best factory rifles.

But, yes, if I am buying a factory rifle, I'm buying a Tikka! I bought my son a compact Tikka in 308 Win, and it's a hammer. I have shot it out to 700 yards with great results.

www.DallasReloads.com
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL

#6766795 - 05/17/17 01:35 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
HWY_MAN Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Howard County
Originally Posted By: Korean Redneck
As a true conservative, facts and figures have always meant more in any circumstance than rhetoric...

So I went to my local gander mountain for their bankruptcy sale. 20% off all firearms. Of all the brands of bolt action rifles they careried; Remington, Winchester, savage and river American amongst others. All sorts of ranges of all brands. Guess which brand of bolt rifles was completely sold out? That's right, No Tikkas to be seen.
I won't say it's the best of whatever, but people speak louder with their wallets than their mouths.

Interestingly enough I've never hunted with anybody or had anybody come out to hunt that shot a Tikka so I could just as easily say they're not well liked by the masses. When something is not in stock you can look at it two ways, they sold out or they didn't sell enough to warrant keeping in inventory.

#6766801 - 05/17/17 01:46 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Korean Redneck]
txtrophy85 Online   content
THF Celebrity

Tikkas are priced affordably with good value so they sell

I personally think they have a cheap feel so I would never buy one.

They don't sell because they are awesome, they sell based on features that you can get at a price point

#6766842 - 05/17/17 02:28 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: txtrophy85]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

They don't sell because they are awesome, they sell based on features that you can get at a price point

I was all set to buy one, was going to order off gun broker and wanted to handle one before I ordered. Went to a gun shop and from the second I picked it up I just felt like I was holding a plastic pos excuse for a gun. It felt and looked cheaply made and I just like a gun with some heft to it. Yes I'm positive they make a quality gun, but I just couldn't live with the feel/finish.

I bought a savage model 14 classic wood stock with dark stock cap, stainless barrel, and detachable magazine for a little less. Pretty gun, solid feel and the screw holes for the scope base aren't aligned straight muyloco

Should have followed my real gut and bought a vanguard.

#6766859 - 05/17/17 02:42 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: redchevy]
txtrophy85 Online   content
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: redchevy

I was all set to buy one, was going to order off gun broker and wanted to handle one before I ordered. Went to a gun shop and from the second I picked it up I just felt like I was holding a plastic pos excuse for a gun. It felt and looked cheaply made and I just like a gun with some heft to it. Yes I'm positive they make a quality gun, but I just couldn't live with the feel/finish.

I bought a savage model 14 classic wood stock with dark stock cap, stainless barrel, and detachable magazine for a little less. Pretty gun, solid feel and the screw holes for the scope base aren't aligned straight muyloco

Weatherby makes a rifle called a mark V you may want to check out...

#6766862 - 05/17/17 02:47 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: Gone to Texas]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas
I have a hard time find Tikka's anywhere. They are constantly sold out.

The last 2 I bought were on Gunbroker from out of state.

Tikkas are dependable and they shoot lights out, what more could anyone ask for?

The only thing missing from a good Tikka rifle is a FFP scope!

rifle

Weakley Watson in Early had a bunch last time I was in there. They ran a special last fall on the T3 stainless in .223 for $499

#6766867 - 05/17/17 02:50 PM Re: Observation about factory rifles [Re: redchevy]
Nogalus Prairie Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Corsicana
Originally Posted By: redchevy

The wood/blue ones are better. But I agree that the Weatherby Vanguards have a better "feel". Certainly the higher end Weatherbys and Sakos do without doubt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide