6057051 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6750374 - 04/30/17 11:10 AM Lease Rules
jskin Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: McKinney/Van Alstyne
Looking for some basic lease rules to put in place for our group. This is just strictly for the group we have already signed a lease agreement. You guys got some ideas?

Edited by jskin (04/30/17 11:10 AM)

#6750389 - 04/30/17 11:49 AM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
lubbockdave Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: lubbock tx
1. Be nice.
2. Be honest
3. do your part of the work.
4. pay up early
5. clean up after yourself
6. leave the gates like you find them unless landowner says otherwise.
7. Help each other out.

#6750409 - 04/30/17 12:36 PM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
Walkabout Online   content
Bird Dog

Loc: Katy Texas
We had a gentleman agreement not to enter or leave the ranch during morning and evening hunt. Moving vehicles through someone's hunting site was sometimes disturbing.

#6750419 - 04/30/17 12:50 PM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
Dalee7892 Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Denton County
It's a group effort and responsibility. No hunt others area without permission. Always clean up after, you might lease but the property belongs to the owner. Ask owner if he has any rules.

#6750420 - 04/30/17 01:00 PM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
cos Offline
Tracker

Loc: east texas
I require that anyone entering MUST sign a release and also that the club have their own liability insurance which I setup and they pay separately when paying lease. Its cheap and if guest are allowed which I allow it might come in handy some day. Also no stands on fencerow. Back off a hundred yards or so at least.

#6750524 - 04/30/17 04:50 PM Re: Lease Rules [Re: cos]
sqiggy Online   content

Loc: Franklin, Tx Hunt in Panola ...
RULES????
You don't need no stinkin rules!!!! bolt

#6750698 - 04/30/17 08:09 PM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
BayouGuy Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: S.E. Louisiana
The rules are up to group agreement, so I won't list specifics. But I can point you to hot topics your group should discuss and agree upon in advance.

1. Use of ATV's during the season (any limits on specific roads/areas/times of day/days of week, etc.)

2. Stand rules (private stands? club stands? etc.)

3. Guest rules (guests OK/no guests, age limits for guests, number per member per season, fees for guests? etc.)

4. Alcohol rules.

5. Game kill rules (state law or club restrictions).

#6750945 - 05/01/17 07:35 AM Re: Lease Rules [Re: Walkabout]
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: Walkabout
We had a gentleman agreement not to enter or leave the ranch during morning and evening hunt. Moving vehicles through someone's hunting site was sometimes disturbing.
I hated this at my old lease...one of the reasons I left...We had one cat that we had to get on to because he had the loudest truck in the camp and would be revving like crazy. You could hear that thing all morning throughout the woods.

#6750959 - 05/01/17 07:46 AM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
Creekrunner Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
-Keep the blinds clean, take out the trash, and gently remind parents to police up after their kids. I think one of the big benefits of having a lease is for a father to teach his son(s) how to act around a group of men, both out hunting and back at camp. What fathers are involved with their boys and what fathers let momma handle everything becomes real obvious real quick.

- RIFLES UNLOADED IN CAMP.

#6750961 - 05/01/17 07:48 AM Re: Lease Rules [Re: DPirates80]
Creekrunner Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Originally Posted By: DPirates80
...he had the loudest truck in the camp and would be revving like crazy.

Lemme guess - Dodge??

#6750964 - 05/01/17 07:50 AM Re: Lease Rules [Re: Creekrunner]
DPirates80 Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: DPirates80
...he had the loudest truck in the camp and would be revving like crazy.

Lemme guess - Dodge??
No it was an old Z71...young guy, got to his stand later than everybody else got to theirs. Mornings and evenings...His spot was really muddy getting in and out, I understood revving to get through that crud, but dang...hearing a loud engine revving at 7am while I'm in my stand is not what I want to hear. lol

#6750973 - 05/01/17 08:04 AM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
Mr. T. Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Hunt in Cass County, live in T...
I'm just talking about guests.
No guest first two weekends of the season.
Guest hunt off of your tag.
Limit number of guest a person can bring to how many tags you got left. If you only have one doe tag left, then you can not bring two people.
I don't have a problem with guests, in fact on a couple of leases that I was on, former guests became paying members.

#6751281 - 05/01/17 01:16 PM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
dkershen Offline

Loc: Denton/Argyle
Basic Rules we used in all my past lease agreements.

1. To obey all laws, regulations, licensing requirements, rules, and ordinances, (collectively "Laws) including all Laws pertaining to the taking of game, and of the use of public and private lands, of the County of xxxxxx, State of Texas, and of the United States Department of the Interior.
2. To not create, or to allow the creation of, a nuisance, or allow any waste, injury, or destruction to the Property and all items on the Property, except for the taking of game, and normal camping and uses incident thereto as allowed by Law.
3. To not use, or allow the use of, the Property for any purpose other than set forth in the use declaration above.
4. To remove all litter, trash, debris, and other materials from the Property.
5. To not construct any improvement, blind, stand, cover, or other like item of a permanent nature, without Landlord's written permission therefore. Permanent fixtures become property of the Landlord, unless otherwise agreed.
6. To not allow any person other than specifically set forth herein to hunt, camp, or otherwise use the Property. No “guest” hunters.
7. To not alter, or allow the alteration of any part of the Property, or any improvements on the Property.
8. To not allow the discharge of any firearm or other weapon, such that the projectile will cross any boundary of the Property, and to not cross the boundary of the Property with any loaded firearm.
9. To track and to retrieve all wounded game, and to field-dress all game where the game falls.
10. To not disturb, harass, shoot, or otherwise harm any livestock maintained on the Property.
11. To leave all fences and gates as found in their then condition, open if found open and closed if found closed, to enter the Property only through those gates as instructed by Landlord, and to not place any locks on gates and fences not expressly approved by Landlord.
12. Where applicable, to drive only on established paths and roads, and to not drive over fields and/or rangeland.
13. ATV’s will be allowed in remote areas for game retrieval and valid hunting purposes only; no recreational riding.
14. Landlord will provide access to temporary electric and water utilities for camping purposes at no additional cost.
15. No open fires will be allowed. Contained cooking via butane or propane stoves is allowable if conducted in a responsible manner.
16. Due to an effort to reestablish them, all Quail are excluded for hunting purposes.
17. The Landlord requests that coyotes and feral hogs be shot whenever possible.
18. Game feeders are to be maintained and stocked by the Lease Manager or a hunter described in appendix “A”.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
www.NewHopeEquine.com

#6752924 - 05/02/17 09:09 PM Re: Lease Rules [Re: jskin]
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew

Loc: Grayson County
One of the mistakes too many people make is not having clear rules of enforcing the rules. If the rules are enforced nothing is personal then.

#6753138 - 05/03/17 07:40 AM Re: Lease Rules [Re: Ramsey]
Deerhunter61 Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DFW
Originally Posted By: Ramsey
One of the mistakes too many people make is not having clear rules of enforcing the rules. If the rules are enforced nothing is personal then.

This! Can't play Favorites because if you do no one takes the "roles" seriously.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide