Anyone used Ozonics? #6716512 03/27/17 07:20 PM
B
bigcam Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
One of my hunting buddies swears by it!
Expensive, but if they work, I am willing to fork over the money.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6716699 03/27/17 09:43 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
People swear by a lot of products that are more hype than actually productive.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6716848 03/28/17 12:17 AM
C
cblackall Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I've used one, and I believe they work. I won't get into a debate about it, as everyone is free to draw their own conclusions. I can't remember a time when I've been busted using it. All bowhunting scenarios. I sat a stand consecutive mornings last season, same wind, same direction. First morning I didn't have the Ozonics and I had an old spooky doe and her fawn come in and turn inside out snorting and blowing. The second morning I took the unit, and they came in and fed for nearly an hour. 12-15 yds the whole time. Take it for what it's worth. We just bought my wife a used Tahoe, and I've got it in there right now getting rid of a stale, musty odor. We'll see if it works.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6716922 03/28/17 01:15 AM
T
TimOub007 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Go check out the amazing1.com site and look at the units they sell. A bit cheaper and you just have to add a battery.

T

Last edited by TimOub007; 03/28/17 01:16 AM. Reason: stupid autocorrect
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6716937 03/28/17 01:21 AM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I think this is a very good review on Ozonics. Take the time to read if you are considering buying one.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3179937

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6716975 03/28/17 01:38 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I put it in the same category as scent-lok, scent blocker, etc.....a farce.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6717041 03/28/17 02:33 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
What if it does? Is adding another gizmo to your stand going to enhance your hunting experience? If you can't fool a deer's nose by actually hunting with the wind, then knock yourself out. Some day, we will have a product to elude every sense animals have. Maybe then we will be real hunters.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: Sneaky] #6717273 03/28/17 01:31 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Maybe then we will be real hunters.

The folks up north would say we would need to start by getting rid of our feeders. I'll do it when you pry it from my .... well, you know the rest. smile

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6725478 04/05/17 12:13 AM
drycreek3189 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
What if you have a situation where the wind swirls. How do you " hunt the wind " there ? Some of my stands are on ridges, but a couple of my best spots are in a creek bottom where the most deer feed in my food plot as well as the acorns in the adjacent woods. I can hunt it with an Ozonics unit, but not without. Get busted 80% of the time without the Ozonics. And I wonder how many of you who think it's a " gimmick " have actually used one, and gave it an honest test. I've had mine for five years, but only started using it last season. When you have a boar hog come in from straight downwind, you'll become a believer. The hog was a believer, but he didn't live to tell about it !

Last edited by drycreek3189; 04/05/17 12:14 AM.
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6732975 04/12/17 06:34 PM
P
predapex Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
I borrowed one to go on a MO bow hunt and didn't get busted on a week long hunt. Had lots of deer often right down wind of me.

If you pay big money and travel long distances to hunt might as well throw in another $500.

A lot of very respected bow hunters that will not hunt without one. Take it however you want.

Pros:
They do work.

The cons are:
1. $$$- Its a $10 coil with a $3 fan....
2. They are noisy AF. You can turn it over to lessen this. Noise doesn't seem to affect the deer, just the ambiance of sitting in the tree.
3. Can be a PIA to screw into the tree. Especially if its frozen.
4. Another thing to carry along with all the other bow hunting rigamarole.
5. Have not researched the health issues. I wouldn't use one in an inclosed blind.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: drycreek3189] #6733309 04/12/17 11:24 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: drycreek3189
What if you have a situation where the wind swirls. How do you " hunt the wind " there ? Some of my stands are on ridges, but a couple of my best spots are in a creek bottom where the most deer feed in my food plot as well as the acorns in the adjacent woods. I can hunt it with an Ozonics unit, but not without. Get busted 80% of the time without the Ozonics. And I wonder how many of you who think it's a " gimmick " have actually used one, and gave it an honest test. I've had mine for five years, but only started using it last season. When you have a boar hog come in from straight downwind, you'll become a believer. The hog was a believer, but he didn't live to tell about it !

Oh my goodness, what if the hunt doesn't go our way?!

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6733345 04/13/17 12:00 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
I am one of those that gives a review without actually using it. I hunt with people that use it religiously and they complain about getting busted, but somehow it wasn't the ozonics fault. I have offered a test to anyone that will take it, but no one has tried it, so I offer it to someone that has one...

Take a fresh pile of dog feces and put it in your bedroom. Run your ozonics over it and see if your wife goes nuts when she walks into her bedroom...

If you aren't that brave, try it with dog food. Cover the dog food and put ozonics over it. Put your dog in the room and see if he starves to death. Since your dog probably doesn't typically eat in that room, try it with his favorite treat, like bacon. A deer's sense of smell is supposed to be much better than a dogs, but if your dog can't find his favorite treat, it might just fool a deer.

Good luck grin (and if you choose the first one, video it rofl)

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6733787 04/13/17 02:06 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
A lot of very respected bow hunters that will not hunt without one. Take it however you want.

What I keep seeing is that they don't use one unless they are sponsored by Ozonics.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6733804 04/13/17 02:21 PM
A
Aggieman775 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
I have heard people say it's great on one hunt then they went out on the next hunt and say that's what spooked the deer.

TSmith
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6735564 04/15/17 05:28 AM
S
spg Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Can't believe it will actually work that good, neither can I believe scentlok works either.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6745500 04/25/17 04:34 PM
P
predapex Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Quote:

What I keep seeing is that they don't use one unless they are sponsored by Ozonics.

Nah just good ol boys. ...but i know wha you mean.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6745533 04/25/17 05:03 PM
G
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Ozonics works well.

They tested it against drug sniffing dogs once and it threw them off.

I can't justify the price. But I do like those portable mini Ozonics machines. Great to de-scent clothing.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6745567 04/25/17 05:45 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Without researching Ozonics, I will assume that it's an ozone generator. Ozone will kill odors on clothes and boots but as someone mentioned, there are other odors being generated by us constantly. Still, I'd think it would at least reduce odors by some degree. That's with the assumption that it is an ozone generator.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6745629 04/25/17 06:26 PM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
It is definitely worth buying and it works! Makes the scent particles heavy and drops them to the ground. It works great for deer hunting but not so well on hogs. I shot my first Texas buck with my crossbow at 27 yards from my blind. It came within 10 yards of my blind, turned around, walked back up towards my feeder, stopped at 27 yards and turned to eat some corn on the ground which gave me a perfect shot. My 4'x8' stand is on a 5' tower and sits on a home made road with woods on both sides. We have had deer bed down N/E and N/W pretty close to the blind while we were sitting in it and we had does walk up from behind and spook once they hit the veil area where the scent molecules were dropping down. We set up the hunting area for crossbow hunting and only put the feeder 39 yards away from the blind. The deer walk up to the feeder from the top road running left to right and they also come in from the left half way between the blind and feeder. The Ozonics works awesome and we have seen more deer while using it. My buddy has been out with me wearing non hunting clothes that were washed in Tide and we have seen a doe or two walk by the blind and not even get spooked. When I was thinking about buying it the guy at the bow shop who used it religiously said that it doesn't seem to fool hogs and he couldn't tell me whether they winded him or if they could hear the fan running in it. We tried it out on some night hunts for hogs and they seemed to stop at the top of the road and wouldn't come in to the feeder to give us a shot. It looked like they were walking in, catching the scent or sound of it and then backing away not giving us a shot. But they would still stay around the corner and feed on the corn spread out. So it didn't seem to spook them enough to get them to run off. So we went with the 3 strike rule and after not getting them to come in 3 different nights, we decided not to use it the 4th night and put our scent-lok hoods on. Well they all came right in to the feeder and we got some hogs that night. I had a problem trying to mount it inside my blind so I went to The Houston Camera Exchange and got a cool lock mount that Works well for it and makes it easy to move from the front window to the back or side window whenever the wind changes direction. The Ozonics unit is not cheap but definitely worth it. I also picked up the XL extended life battery. You could always get it from Sportsman's Guide and put it on their buyers club 4 month payment plan. You get it shipped to you after you make the first payment when ordering it and just pay off the rest each month. Makes it a lot easier on your wallet. I picked up my Armasight Spear ID gen 2 N/V rifle scope that way. It only costs $29.99 for the club fee and they give you 2 $10.00 no limit coupons that you can use to buy anything so it's a good deal. Some of my buddies up north also use an Ozonics above their climbing tree stands and it works well for them too. Last year I also tried that Nose Jammer stuff and it also worked very well. We had a small doe about 12 yards N/E of the blind and on another time we had a small hog walking all around the blind and never winded us. We did take others advice and only sprayed a quick line of the stuff on the blind and on 4 different trees around the blind. I guess people have chased game away by spraying too much of the stuff around the area or on their blind. My other buddy who had been spooking deer a lot in his blind decided to try it out and he woke up to a doe walking right past the side of his ground box blind lol. He didn't get the deer but he was happy to get them to come in so close to him. He will have a better season next year with using that stuff. We also started dipping in the blind when using the Ozonics and haven't spooked anything yet so it was definitely worth getting. Hope this helps you out.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6745656 04/25/17 06:53 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Take a dump in the middle of the living room floor, set your Ozonics up over it and turn it on. See if it still stinks.

I'm betting it does.....bad. wink

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: Jgraider] #6745668 04/25/17 07:05 PM
C
ChrisB Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Take a dump in the middle of the living room floor, set your Ozonics up over it and turn it on. See if it still stinks.

Why would you do this? I don't go to the stand smelling like a pile of s. They do reduce your odor but not 100%. I've been using one for a couple of years and there are certain situations that they work better than others. Field and stream did a test several years ago and the Ozonics machine was the only scent control product that fooled the drug dog of everything tested. If your not bow hunting there is no reason to use one. Hunting the wind sounds good on paper but a smart hunter knows that a wary deer is going to circle down wind of a feeder before coming in and the ozonics has saved me a few times from getting busted.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: Jgraider] #6745674 04/25/17 07:15 PM
M
mattyg06 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

If you want to make it real test. Seal up that living room as much as you can and smash that turd into the floor creating more surface area for the ozone to kill the molecules. Give it at least 24-48 hrs to work then go smell the room. You would be very surprised how little residual odor there is, obviously that is not possible in a hunting situation but the fact is ozone is a great odor remover.

My family used to do quite a bit of fire restoration work and we used commercial ozone generators to get rid of the smoke/burned smell.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: mattyg06] #6745989 04/26/17 12:56 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: mattyg06

If you want to make it real test. Seal up that living room as much as you can and smash that turd into the floor creating more surface area for the ozone to kill the molecules. Give it at least 24-48 hrs to work then go smell the room. You would be very surprised how little residual odor there is, obviously that is not possible in a hunting situation but the fact is ozone is a great odor remover.

My family used to do quite a bit of fire restoration work and we used commercial ozone generators to get rid of the smoke/burned smell.

Yes, but in a hunting blind situation, your eyes, mouth, nose, head, etc keep on making odors.

Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: bigcam] #6746392 04/26/17 01:44 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
There is no science known to man that says these work. Period

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Anyone used Ozonics? [Re: tShawnB] #6747086 04/27/17 12:03 AM
P
Pitman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
There is no science known to man that says these work. Period

What this man said. And those saying field and stream did a test with drug sniffing dogs, well i bet if you open up a field and stream mag you will find a nice big ad somewhere for Ozonics. Nuff said

Last edited by Pitman; 04/27/17 12:04 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide