420953 Topics
5812831 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#6741857 - 04/21/17 10:08 AM capsule feeder
KingwoodCat Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Broaddus TX
Took delivery of my new 250 lb capacity capsule feeder a couple of days ago. I love the feeder because it sets in a truck tire for a base and is ground loadable.
Check out capsulefeeders.com
The feeder itself is great, but the Quality Control at the manufacturer leaves something to be desired.
The principle behind the feeder is that an auger feeds the corn from the capsule bottom up into the spinner for distribution via auger. The problem I had was that the hole in the dome was a full 1/8th inch too small for the auger tube to fit in the hole. Had to ream the hole to get the tube which the auger fits in, that much. I called the manufacturer who said ( I talked to the President of the company) that the feeder was assembled at the manufacturer and that should not happen. I had to call BS on that because the tube did not and would not fit. He said to ream the hole with a drill bit. Did that and finally got the tube in. The tube is PVC pipe with a larger PVC collar glued to the top with a rubber sleeve over it to provide a water tight seal. Got the tube installed and everything put together only to find the spinner would not spin to distribute the corn. Called the manufacturer again. They were going to trouble shoot in the factory and call me back. As of yet they still have not called. Disassembled everything and trouble shot myself. Realized the collar needed to fit further into the dome. Noticed there was a slight imperfection in the seam of the collar where a little PVC tit had been deposited during the molding process. Trimmed the excess with an exacto knife and the collar fit perfectly. Reassembled everything and tested the feeder works like a charm! Still P.O.d at the manufacturer. Had they assembled the feeder at the factory like they said they did, they would have discovered everything I discovered. That said, I ordered the feeder on Friday Afternoon, they shipped it on Monday, and I got it Wednesday afternoon. I love the feeder itself. Having retired last year after working 40 years in he Quality Profession, I was extremely duisapponted in the Quality Control applied or rather not applied, and the company's customer service for failing to contact me about the second problem.

#6741890 - 04/21/17 10:41 AM Re: capsule feeder [Re: KingwoodCat]
rickym Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: texas
While I have no idea of the price point, I can only imagine its a pretty penny to spend to have to rework/rebuild the feeder for them. Also with all of the plastic/poly, hopefully you dont have condensation issues, and end up with a clogged feeder. Will be interested in your one year report.

#6742313 - 04/21/17 05:42 PM Re: capsule feeder [Re: rickym]
KingwoodCat Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Broaddus TX
Originally Posted By: rickym
While I have no idea of the price point, I can only imagine its a pretty penny to spend to have to rework/rebuild the feeder for them. Also with all of the plastic/poly, hopefully you dont have condensation issues, and end up with a clogged feeder. Will be interested in your one year report.

The owner of the company did call me back this morning. We discussed the quality issues and he said he was going to look into it. The reviews on the net indicate customers are overwhelmingly satisfied. Time will tell. But like most products you order on line, some assembly is required. This is a much better product than the one it's replacing.

#6743492 - Today at 04:30 AM Re: capsule feeder [Re: KingwoodCat]
bphillips Offline
Tracker

Loc: San Angelo
If you have pigs stake it down they will flip them and can still open them or at least mine can. Haven't had condensation issue but rodents and pigs do chew them a bit

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide