Re: Outfitter Gunn & Hook Rip-Off #2 [Re: Stub] #6701334 03/10/17 10:14 AM
P
pigplinker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Stub
Originally Posted By: Danlv
The outfitter agreed to take us up in the helicopter and believed Gunn and Hook's word because they had worked together throughout 2016. At the end of our hunt, the outfitter checked his bank account and again Gunn & Hook had lied and payment was not made. The outfitter now wants his money which he deserves for the service provided but we're retired and on social security and can't afford to make two $4500 payments. Gunn & Hook needs to come clean and pay the outfitter the money we paid for this adventure. For the time being, my credit card company is working on recovering our money.

It sounds like Danlv is not going to leave the outfitter on the hook if he gets reimbursed by the credit card co., he states he cannot afford to make Two $ 4,500 payments.

Unfortunate that this happened, hopefully justice will be served and no one else gets burned!

Re: Outfitter Gunn & Hook Rip-Off #2 [Re: Danlv] #6704550 03/14/17 01:15 AM
old raider Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
All's well that ends well.

Re: Outfitter Gunn & Hook Rip-Off #2 [Re: Brother in-law] #6704563 03/14/17 01:50 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
If you got your hunt they don't owe you money. It now sounds like the pilot just became the victim.

I wouldn't pay another dime to anybody

Wow! I'm glad the OP didn't feel the same! Sounds like he had a blast and he did the right thing by paying for his hunt! Says a lot about his character and it says a lot about yours as well BIL.

Re: Outfitter Gunn & Hook Rip-Off #2 [Re: Wytex] #6711386 03/21/17 11:12 PM
D
Danlv Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
D
Hey Wytex,
Thanks for the information on an idea of where to hunt. Now that Skyhunter Outfitter has been paid in full, maybe we will look into a hog hunt in the Wichita Falls area next year. Sounds like you have family in Texas and how great that must be to have a sure place to go and have some shooting fun. Even though it was a financial pain for us, we did have fun and we would certainly do it again. We're a couple of retired guys and time is no problem for us, neither one of us has to be anywhere tomorrow so we take our time and have as much fun as we can. It helps for both of us to have an understanding wife that has no problem with us being gone. Most guy's aren't that lucky. The outdoors has a lot to offer so who knows what we'll do next? We've had over a 40 year friendship so whatever we do, we're sure to have a good time.

Just so you guys know, I heard the other day that Gunn & Hook Outfitter's is still doing business. It's unfortunate that the average person including myself doesn't look into a business's reputation before deciding to do business with them. I've certainly learned my lesson. Regards, and good hunting.

Re: Outfitter Gunn & Hook Rip-Off #2 [Re: Danlv] #6711389 03/21/17 11:16 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D

Just so you guys know, I heard the other day that Gunn & Hook Outfitter's is still doing business. It's unfortunate that the average person including myself doesn't look into a business's reputation before deciding to do business with them. I've certainly learned my lesson. Regards, and good hunting.
Bad deal. These guys should be in prison, not taking more innocent folks $$

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Outfitter Gunn & Hook Rip-Off #2 [Re: dkershen] #6711415 03/21/17 11:37 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: dkershen

Yup

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Outfitter Gunn & Hook Rip-Off #2 [Re: dkershen] #6711674 03/22/17 10:32 AM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: dkershen

Yep, sounds like they need an [censored] whoopin

🍻
Re: Outfitter Gunn & Hook Rip-Off #2 [Re: Danlv] #6713716 03/24/17 05:04 AM
R
RiverRider Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
When someone has what I want, I want to deal directly with them. I'll pay a finder's fee or whatever, but I'm not making some slick's April house payment for connecting me to whoever supplies the goods and/or services.

And when it comes to "business people" who continue to take money from customers even though they know they aren't gonna deliver---a pox upon you and your houses. Nasty, oozing, festering pox...and lots of it.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide