Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars #6712105 03/22/17 06:59 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
Vortex 10x42 Fury HD Laser Rangefinder Binocular

High quality optics and long-distance ranging capability come together in our all-new Fury™ HD 10x42 Laser Rangefinding Binocular. Convenience, speed, efficiency, and valuable dual-purpose functionality—all the advantages of a high-definition binocular perfectly paired with an angle compensated rangefinder. Right side controls are simple to use and easily manipulated with a single hand – leaving your other hand free to hold your bow, rifle, or other important piece of equipment.

Key Features
VIP Warranty HD XR Coatings ArmorTek Nitrogen Purged
Magnification 10 x
Objective Lens Diameter 42 mm
Eye Relief 16 mm
Exit Pupil 4.2 mm
Linear Field of View 314.4-6 feet/1000 yards
Close Focus 20 feet
Interpupillary Distance 54-69 mm
Height 5.75 inches
Width 5.9 inches
Weight 31.8 ounces

Features:
Optical Features:
[*]XR Lens Coatings-Vortex proprietary XR anti-reflective coatings, fully multi-coated on all air-to-glass lens surfaces, increase light transmission for maximum brightness.
[*]Phase Correction-Used on roof prism models only—coating enhances resolution and contrast.

Construction Features:
[*]Roof Prisms-Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
[*]Fogproof-Nitrogen gas purging guarantees superior fogproof and waterproof performance.
[*]Rubber Armor-Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.

Convenience Features
[*]Multi-Position Eyecups-Twist up and down to precise, intermediate settings to maximize custom fit for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
[*]Illuminated Right Barrel Display-Can be set to yards or meters.
[*]Right Side Controls-Simple to use and easily manipulated with a single hand - leaving your other hand free to hold your bow, rifle, or other important piece of equipment.
[*]Tapered Eyecups-Fit naturally for greater viewing comfort.
[*]Center Focus Wheel-Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
[*]Left Eye Diopter-Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located by the center focus wheel.
[*]Tripod Adaptable-Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount. Adapter sold separately.

Performance Features
[*]Intuitive Display-Easy-to-use menu with a simple, clean display. Choice of yards or meters.
[*]HCD-Horizontal Component Distance (HCD) mode for angle compensated ranging.
[*]LOS-Line of Sight (LOS) mode displays actual line of sight range.
[*]Scan-This feature displays continual distance readings when panning across a landscape or tracking a moving animal.
Ranging Format Range in yards or meters.

HCD Corrected Shoot-To Range

The Fury uses HCD (Horizontal Component Distance) angle-compensated ranging technology to give bow and rifle shooters the critical distance data needed to make accurate shots. Capable of ranging reflective targets to 1600 yards with an ultra-fast readout.

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Skylar Mac] #6712170 03/22/17 08:16 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Have you actually seen these yet?

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Skylar Mac] #6712181 03/22/17 08:25 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You have my attention. These are much more affordable that the Swarovski counter part I've been drooling over for 5 months.

HD, I assume is on pat with Vortex Razor clarity?

What size is the reticle?

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: J.G.] #6712189 03/22/17 08:35 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
You have my attention. These are much more affordable that the Swarovski counter part I've been drooling over for 5 months.

Hd does not equal razor

Remember the have viper hd spotting scopes and razor spotting scopes

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Skylar Mac] #6712211 03/22/17 09:12 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
From what I was told at DSC, the optics in these would be in the Viper HD class, tops. Not super good, but certainly not bad. One thing I will say for this RF/bino, is that it is the only combo on the planet with a lifetime warranty on the optics AND electronics. That is unheard of. Most have 2 yr electronics warranties and lifetime on optics, but what good is an overweight binocular with reduced FOV if the RF doesn't work?

Nikon is coming out with one as well, and they appear to be carbon copies of each other. I'm sure they're made in the same factory, but this Vortex seems to be the one to buy. No one should expect Swaro/Leica/Zeiss optics though.

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Skylar Mac] #6712214 03/22/17 09:14 PM
E
Eagle Scout Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
E
HD means "High Density" glass not High Definition.

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Jgraider] #6712242 03/22/17 09:50 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Have you actually seen these yet?

No Johnny I haven't. These are forecasted to be in before this Summer.

Originally Posted By: Cleric

Hd does not equal razor

Remember the have viper hd spotting scopes and razor spotting scopes

Cleric is right, just because HD in the name, doesn't mean they are the best they offer. Sadly I'm not sure how these are going to be just yet. I haven't seen them, but like many I am anxious to check them out.

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Skylar Mac] #6712279 03/22/17 10:46 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Welp, if they're not on par with Razor clarity, I'm back to lusting after the Swaro.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Jgraider] #6712284 03/22/17 10:52 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
From what I was told at DSC, the optics in these would be in the Viper HD class, tops. Not super good, but certainly not bad. One thing I will say for this RF/bino, is that it is the only combo on the planet with a lifetime warranty on the optics AND electronics. That is unheard of. Most have 2 yr electronics warranties and lifetime on optics, but what good is an overweight binocular with reduced FOV if the RF doesn't work?

Nikon is coming out with one as well, and they appear to be carbon copies of each other. I'm sure they're made in the same factory, but this Vortex seems to be the one to buy. No one should expect Swaro/Leica/Zeiss optics though.

Nikon's will be backed by the same warranty and will be a little cheaper.

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: J.G.] #6712286 03/22/17 10:53 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
Welp, if they're not on par with Razor clarity, I'm back to lusting after the Swaro.

Sorry to let you down Jason. They will be a good option, but not the best option.

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Skylar Mac] #6712439 03/23/17 01:37 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA

I did not know that. Thanks for the correction Skylar.

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Jgraider] #6712724 03/23/17 01:01 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA

I did not know that. Thanks for the correction Skylar.

Johnny, Nikon restructured their warranty. They are now offering services commonly found by other manufactures.

https://vimeo.com/120092839

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Skylar Mac] #6713346 03/23/17 10:27 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Wonder how they compare to Leica?

Re: Vortex 10X42 Fury HD Rangefinding Binoculars [Re: Skylar Mac] #6713614 03/24/17 02:38 AM
S
Skylar Mac Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
They won't. China cannot come close to German manufacturing. Japan, yes...Nikon proved that with their EDG binoculars. These will be good, I'm certain, but no where remotely close to what the Europeans have created.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide