Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: tannerb80] #6676968 02/16/17 04:32 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: tannerb80
I think it's almost all media scare. I was in Sonora hunting mule deer this year, which is considerable safer than across our border, but I never once felt unsafe. It was actually a amazing experience and a great hunt. I'm glad that media does create the scare it does though, keeps Mexico hunting cheap!

'
$10,000 for a mule deer is cheap? I've been down there twice, last time in 2006. Not a chance in hades I'd go back down there right now.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: tannerb80] #6677089 02/16/17 05:43 PM
E
Elkhunter49 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: tannerb80
I think it's almost all media scare. I was in Sonora hunting mule deer this year, which is considerable safer than across our border, but I never once felt unsafe. It was actually a amazing experience and a great hunt. I'm glad that media does create the scare it does though, keeps Mexico hunting cheap!

I think your the first person I've ever heard that described mule deer hunting in Sonora as cheap! eek2

A true friend reaches for your hand but touches your heart.
Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: TxBuck] #6677215 02/16/17 07:10 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TxBuck
Originally Posted By: fouzman
Why! is my question? We have much bigger deer on much better ranches here in Texas. Why take the chance? I can understand the adventure aspect, but northern Mexico just isn't safe for gringos. For every one of you who have been and had no problems, there are probably a dozen who will never cross the river again.

ha yeah okay, you just continue paying your $10K to $20K a year for your 3K acre place and shoot your little 180 class whitetails. while I pay $3500 for my 20,000 acre place with bear, lions, javs, plus birds, and cowboys to do the work and shoot 200bc inch deer. you probably have never even set foot down in ole Mexico but first to run your mouth!!!!!!!!

Easy there! peep

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: TxBuck] #6677476 02/16/17 10:16 PM
JustWingem Offline
Gentleman Jack
Gentleman Jack
Why! is my question? We have much bigger deer on much better ranches here in Texas. Why take the chance? I can understand the adventure aspect, but northern Mexico just isn't safe for gringos. For every one of you who have been and had no problems, there are probably a dozen who will never cross the river again.

ha yeah okay, you just continue paying your $10K to $20K a year for your 3K acre place and shoot your little 180 class whitetails. while I pay $3500 for my 20,000 acre place with bear, lions, javs, plus birds, and cowboys to do the work and shoot 200bc inch deer. you probably have never even set foot down in ole Mexico but first to run your mouth!!!!!!!!

LOL @ TX

Paint with a braid brush much?

Fouz does know Mexico well both fishing and hunting. As far as 180" deer I think this one was well north of 180" in TX.

DON'T GET CONFUSED BETWEEN MY PERSONALITY AND MY ATTITUDE. MY PERSONALITY IS WHO I AM...MY ATTITUDE DEPENDS ON WHO YOU ARE smile
Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: JustWingem] #6677574 02/16/17 11:48 PM
T
TxBuck Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: JustWingem

LOL @ TX

Paint with a braid brush much?

Fouz does now Mexico well both fishing and hunting. As far as 180" deer I think this one was well north of 180" in TX.

Chingow essay thats a nino where I hunt lol!!!! But nice deer though what did that cost you smile

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6678002 02/17/17 05:00 AM
J
jbguide Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Nice buck but I'm pretty sure it was killed behind a high fence. I'm also pretty sure scientific deer are involved some how on the ranch. Have nothing against it, just not my cup of tea.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6678128 02/17/17 01:46 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Dang Jim, why all the hatred? I never said anything about low or high fence, manufactured deer like the one above or anything else other than no way I would hunt in Mexico and don't understand you guys who do. I completely appreciate the access to big ranches and native deer at a fraction of what it costs to lease a pasture of the same quality in Texas. For you and Txbuck to act like everything in northern Mexico is as safe as can be though? You know better.

I'd rather pay more and stay on this side of the river. Where I can travel freely night or day. That's all.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6678142 02/17/17 01:58 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I went way back in '91. It was alright I guess.

I won't be going back. I ain't lost nothing down there in head-chopping country.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6678191 02/17/17 02:44 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
popcorn I have my own place and don't hunt much anywhere else. But sometimes I'll carry a breakfast taco to the blind with me and pretend I'm south of the river. I do have a High Fence that has about 1 acre enclosed for my garden to keep the deer out. bang
I am guilty of introducing better genetics inside the fence as you should see my tomatoes and watermelons! roflmao

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6678901 02/17/17 11:54 PM
J
jbguide Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Fouzman sorry if you took it that I was hating on you. Yes you are right it is not as safe as Texas, but it is also not as bad as people are making it out to be. I guess it just bothers me when people say things like I like my head to much. Or act like your for sure a dead man if you cross the river. In reality they probably have not been in Mexico lately to know what's even going on over there. Again sorry and I wish nothing but good things for you.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6678924 02/18/17 12:21 AM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Many thanks, Jim. And likewise on the good wishes, amigo. cheers

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6706599 03/16/17 03:56 AM
O
olinecoach Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
If hunting with reliable outfitter no problem.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: jshouse] #6706654 03/16/17 10:57 AM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted By: jshouse
The head chopped off part is enough to keep me away.

Good luck
that's what has kept me from doing a bass fishing trip

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6706708 03/16/17 12:36 PM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Have known Paul for 35 years and have hunted with him in Mexico several times. Just because you're in Mexico does not mean your going to kill a big buck, you have to be on the right ranch. There are a lot of ranches that you'd be lucky to kill a 150" deer on. I've hunted Mexico about 10 times, best buck I ever saw was one about 150". No doubt there are some giants in Mexico but do your homework on ranches, their not all the same.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: Stompy] #6706753 03/16/17 01:24 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Stompy
Have known Paul for 35 years and have hunted with him in Mexico several times. Just because you're in Mexico does not mean your going to kill a big buck, you have to be on the right ranch. There are a lot of ranches that you'd be lucky to kill a 150" deer on. I've hunted Mexico about 10 times, best buck I ever saw was one about 150". No doubt there are some giants in Mexico but do your homework on ranches, their not all the same.

Just like Texas

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: TxBuck] #6706829 03/16/17 02:46 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

If you have any openings im interested! PLEASE pm me.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: BOONER] #6707733 03/17/17 01:48 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: BOONER

X 2 and let me know where to send the deposit!

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: tShawnB] #6708839 03/18/17 11:59 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: tShawnB
Originally Posted By: BOONER

X 2 and let me know where to send the deposit!

I'm still waiting! grin

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: olinecoach] #6708985 03/19/17 02:45 AM
H
HillbillyDeluxe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: olinecoach
If hunting with reliable outfitter no problem.

That's probably the key. Part of a group of guys I've hunted with off and on for over two decades ended up on a lease (on their own/no guide or outfitter) down there one year back in the mid '90s or so. Don't remember exactly where, but I know they crossed at Eagle Pass/Piedras Negras. First trip down and back was pretty uneventful. But the second trip, they ran into problems and ended up detained by the federalis and basically held and interrogated against their will even though they'd gone through all the necessary steps for transport of firearms/ammo, etc. At first, they figured it was a routine check of some sort, but soon turned into more than that.

In short, they ended up being able to buy their way out of it and got back home, but never even hunted that trip and were too scared to go back even though they'd paid money to hunt through the season.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: HK9mm] #6710633 03/21/17 01:15 AM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

Tamaulipas (includes Matamoros, Nuevo Laredo, Reynosa, and Tampico): U.S. citizens should defer all non-essential travel to the state of Tamaulipas due to violent crime, including homicide, armed robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, extortion, and sexual assault. The number of reported kidnappings in Tamaulipas is among the highest in Mexico. State and municipal law enforcement capacity is limited to nonexistent in many parts of Tamaulipas. Violent criminal activity occurs more frequently along the northern border and organized criminal groups may target public and private passenger buses traveling through Tamaulipas. These groups sometimes take all passengers hostage and demand ransom payments. U.S. government personnel are subject to movement restrictions and a curfew between midnight and 6 a.m. Matamoros, Reynosa, Nuevo Laredo, and Ciudad Victoria have experienced numerous gun battles and attacks with explosive devices in the past year.

Coahuila: Violence and criminal activity, including homicide, armed robbery, carjacking, kidnapping, extortion, and sexual assault, pose significant and continuing security concerns, particularly along the highways between Piedras Negras and Nuevo Laredo. U.S. citizens should defer non-essential travel to all parts of Coahuila, with the exception of travel to Saltillo, Bosques de Monterreal, and Parras de la Fuente. U.S. government personnel are only allowed to travel during daylight hours to Saltillo and Bosques de Monterreal, and must abide by an Embassy-imposed curfew of 1 a.m. to 6 a.m. U.S. government personnel may also travel to Parras de la Fuente and on toll Highway 40 to Highway 57 and only during daylight hours. State and municipal law enforcement capacity is limited in some parts of Coahuila, particularly in the north of the state.

Nuevo Leon (includes Monterrey): U.S. government personnel may travel outside the city of Monterrey only during daylight hours on toll roads, and must return to the city of San Pedro Garza Garcia municipal boundaries to abide by the Embassy-imposed curfew of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m., except for travel to the airport after 5 a.m.

Chihuahua (includes Ciudad Juarez, the city of Chihuahua, Ojinaga, Palomas, Nuevo Casas Grandes and Copper Canyon): Criminal activity and violence remains an issue throughout the state of Chihuahua and its major cities. Travel between cities only on major highways and only during daylight hours.

Ciudad Juarez: Exercise caution in all areas. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling after dark west of Eje. Juan Gabriel and south of Boulevard Zaragoza. Defer non-essential travel to the areas southeast of Boulevard Independencia and the Valle de Juarez region.
Within the city of Chihuahua: Defer non-essential travel to the Morelos, Villa, and Zapata districts, where the travel of U.S. government personnel is restricted.
Ojinaga: When possible, travel via U.S. Highway 67 through the Presidio, Texas port-of-entry.
Palomas and the Nuevo Casas Grandes/Paquime region: When possible, travel via U.S. Highway 11 through the Columbus, New Mexico port-of- entry.
Nuevo Casas Grandes: U.S. government personnel are prohibited from traveling outside of city limits after dark.
Copper Canyon and other areas of the state of Chihuahua: U.S. citizens should defer non-essential travel.

Re: Mexico whitetail hunting [Re: Zach S] #6711784 03/22/17 01:23 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Zach S
There are 6 of us currently on an 8500 acre lease. We had no problems at all and most got nice bucks for the season.
Every area is different I am sure but we are by Eagle Pass and were never in any danger.

If you think you are never in any danger you are sorely mistaken. Piedras Negras is a very violent place.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide