Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Precision Rifle Series [Re: Buzzsaw] #6681407 02/20/17 06:20 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
rofl Let me make sure I get this straight...because my post above...I'm a know-it-all, cynical, don't want the sport to grow and don't believe what I typed rofl

My point was skewed a bit across the translation. The only point I'm trying to make is the guys who are good shoot a lot or have shot a lot to get good. You rarely see any of those guys bitching about anything...they come to shoot and they want to shoot against the best. Then there is normally the bunch who have rules made up in an attempt to level the playing field...when truth be told there is one way to level the playing field....PRACTICE!!!!

I don't have a problem with a factory class...heck, I don't personally shoot PRS....but if I did I want to shoot against the best and I know that for quite a while I'm going to donate to the cause until I am able to practice and shoot enough to get good at that game. The comment was made about shooting going the way of car racing. I just gave my perspective of why that is...right or wrong, it's my opinion and I'll own it.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Precision Rifle Series [Re: redchevy] #6681466 02/20/17 07:11 PM
K
Korean Redneck Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: Judd
Originally Posted By: Korean Redneck
This is interesting to me how it follows in the way of car racing.

It's because there is a group of guys in every sport that can't spend the money and rather than focus on getting good (practice) with what they have they just want to bitch that they are getting beat by equipment. Truth is, if the guys shooting the customs shot in that class the same group would be winning. I learned a long time ago...if you are bitching it's probably because you can't win, don't/can't put in the time or looking for an easy way to being good.

There is only one way to get good at shooting a rifle...burn barrels, powder, primers and bullets.

IF this is really true and you really believe it... then all the money you and others spend over 1500-2k on a rig is just wasted? I disagree and I doubt you truly believe it either.

I'm going to assume that the open divisions will truly be open. If you want to be all cynical, then i'm sure they won't stop you from entering the open division with your budget build. Which in turn gives you bragging rights later. But if you lose in the open division, then you can't walk around and bitch about how your rig wasn't good enough and you solely lost because you got out spent. there are pluses and minuses to almost everything but as the resident newb to longer range shooting, think this is overwhelming a good idea.

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Re: Precision Rifle Series [Re: Judd] #6681468 02/20/17 07:12 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
rofl Let me make sure I get this straight...because my post above...I'm a know-it-all, cynical, don't want the sport to grow and don't believe what I typed rofl

My point was skewed a bit across the translation. The only point I'm trying to make is the guys who are good shoot a lot or have shot a lot to get good. You rarely see any of those guys bitching about anything...they come to shoot and they want to shoot against the best. Then there is normally the bunch who have rules made up in an attempt to level the playing field...when truth be told there is one way to level the playing field....PRACTICE!!!!

I don't have a problem with a factory class...heck, I don't personally shoot PRS....but if I did I want to shoot against the best and I know that for quite a while I'm going to donate to the cause until I am able to practice and shoot enough to get good at that game. The comment was made about shooting going the way of car racing. I just gave my perspective of why that is...right or wrong, it's my opinion and I'll own it.
My response to that is that we don't all have an equal amount of time to practice. So saying that everyone should practice is illogical. What I think the intent of this is, is to group a bunch of competitors that all have the same financial and time constraints and see how they do against one another. Putting the $8k guns and shooters that practice multiple times per week up against a family man with a job working overtime shooting a couple times a month with a $1500 setup doesn't make any sense.

Re: Precision Rifle Series [Re: Buzzsaw] #6681480 02/20/17 07:28 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Have ya'll see the PRS TV show? these guys are a cut above any shooters I have seen, so are the courses of fire. very difficult, most of these guys are sponsored, they have all the ammo, barrels, optics, components, gay wiebie bags, they need.

it will be good Saturday to see us all shooting good old standard hunting rifles. leave all the customs at home

peep

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Precision Rifle Series [Re: patriot07] #6681518 02/20/17 07:54 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: patriot07

My response to that is that we don't all have an equal amount of time to practice. So saying that everyone should practice is illogical. What I think the intent of this is, is to group a bunch of competitors that all have the same financial and time constraints and see how they do against one another. Putting the $8k guns and shooters that practice multiple times per week up against a family man with a job working overtime shooting a couple times a month with a $1500 setup doesn't make any sense.

I agree this is a good division to create for people like this. I would think the gun manufacturers get more bang for their advertising dollars sponsoring these events to promote the type of rifles most of the public buys rather than the high end customs.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Precision Rifle Series [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #6682832 02/21/17 10:46 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Ditto. Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmore with a Vortex Razor Gen 1,Harris Bipod-S and load's from Chad with Custom Reloads of Dallas all under the $3K mark and am enjoying getting into the longer distance shooting. To each his own but I'm all for getting others involved in shooting and hunting to preserve this great heritage.

Re: Precision Rifle Series [Re: Buzzsaw] #6685666 02/24/17 05:04 AM
R
rlwilson730 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
I bought the Ruger Precision RifleŽ 308/7.62x51, put a Bushnell AR Optics Rifle Scope 308..

Took out to the range last week and was very impress with it.

Last edited by rlwilson730; 02/24/17 08:28 AM.

Never seen a gun load it's self and shot someone----

Larry the Cable Guy
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide