Hey guys,

I know I've not yet posted about the youth hunt this year as I've been pretty busy these days with my own youngster and managing a couple of new business ventures. In spite of my tardiness, so of our faithful guides have still stayed in touch trying to stay on top of things. So far I've spoke with about 4 guys here from the forum about participating this year and a couple of those will be bringing one or two friends with them to help.

So far we're shooting for 15 kids..give or take, so we will more than likely need a few more guides to help on this even. Last year was a good year and we had quite a few birds harvested, and with the hatch being what it was the past couple of springs I'm expecting the same this year.

For those who may be new we cover the meals and lodging for the event, but need guides to scout and call in birds for the kids and their guardians. If you are interested in participating this year send me a PM and give me your email address if we've not already been corresponding by email. I'll be sending out more details within the next couple of weeks by email including0 plans, directions, and things to bring.

Also, for anyone who' interested in participating in another event in east Texas, and possibly mentoring a kid or bringing our your own kid I'm attaching a flyer for the first spring break event we have planned. We may need a few guides/mentors on the predator control segment of the outdoor education event, who have a background with mentoring or guiding youth.

We usually have trappers from the Texas Trappers association to do the trapping segment, but I've not heard anything back from them yet, so if anyone has any experience or background with this we may need you as backup to come out and set traps to catch predators if I don't hear from my normal guys soon. Here is a link to the flyer... NWTF/MDF Youth Wildlife Management & Outdoor Education Retreat

T. Jackson
NWTF, Harris County Wildlife Group
P.O. Box 91227
Houston, TX 77088
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NWTF-Harris-County-Wildlife-Group/111234152254353