Forums46
Topics537,992
Posts9,731,491
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: T Bone] #6657287 02/01/17 05:43 PM
J
Jungleexplorer Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
Originally Posted By: T Bone
Originally Posted By: Jungleexplorer

I will say here again that I am talking about business property and not your personal home.

Again, this is a distinction that makes no sense.. Both are Private Property, not Public.. And the property owners' rights to decide who enters their property outweighs your right to bring a weapon on that property.

You may not like it but by now there's no reason you shouldn't understand it.

You are incorrect on this point. The law makes a huge distinction between personal property and commercial property. The law poses completely different sets of rules and requirements on your home and your business. It is crystal clear that the law makes a definite distinction between your personal home property and your business. This is an absolute indisputable fact that any business owner knows.

In the eyes of the law your home and your business are not the same, they are different and fall under a completely different sets of rules and restrictions.

Last edited by Jungleexplorer; 02/01/17 06:22 PM.

I'm sorry for my sins Jesus, please forgive me.

https://sorryformysins.com/

Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: T Bone] #6657331 02/01/17 06:19 PM
J
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
The bigger issue you have is that the 2nd Amendment isn't an unlimited right.. You can't carry in most Government offices, schools, sporting events, etc.. You can't own a nuclear bomb or a Tomahawk missle.. In other words, there are limits to your rights..

I get that you don't like it. But again, you should at least understand it..

You are correct in your statements here, but you are simply stating what IS and not what should be. I know the current laws that exist. I am not talking about what is. I am talking about should be.

Just because something IS, does not make it right. The law has no power to decide what is right and wrong. The law only decides what is Legal and Illegal.

Many things that are currently legal are wrong, and even the very law itself agrees that it is wrong. Take Abortion for example. There are many cases where a pregnant woman was murdered. In these cases, the murderer was tried and convicted of not one, but two murders.

So it is clear that the law considers an unborn child as being equal to a full grown adult, because those that have murdered that unborn child have been punished to an equal degree as if the child were an adult. But, this same law authorizes doctors to kill an unborn child. So what is the law sayin here on this issue? It is saying that killing an unborn child is murder, but doctors are authorized to commit murder.

This is the current state of things when it comes to the subject of the law and the killing an unborn child. I am only making a statement of what IS, not what I think should be.

I am not arguing for or against anything here, I am simply stating the way things are. Which is same thing you did in your response to me.

Last edited by Jungleexplorer; 02/01/17 07:10 PM.

Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #6657528 02/01/17 08:43 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

I will say here again that I am talking about business property and not your personal home.

Again, this is a distinction that makes no sense.. Both are Private Property, not Public.. And the property owners' rights to decide who enters their property outweighs your right to bring a weapon on that property.

You may not like it but by now there's no reason you shouldn't understand it.

You are incorrect on this point. The law makes a huge distinction between personal property and commercial property. The law poses completely different sets of rules and requirements on your home and your business. It is crystal clear that the law makes a definite distinction between your personal home property and your business. This is an absolute indisputable fact that any business owner knows.

In the eyes of the law your home and your business are not the same, they are different and fall under a completely different sets of rules and restrictions.

And here you repeat yourself 3-4 times and yet I'm supposed to believe you because..... you say so? Educate me on the difference..

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #6657537 02/01/17 08:46 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
[quote=Marc in Bastrop]

This is what our constitutional scholar in Abilene doesn't somehow comprehend..

Personal attacks like these have no place in the arena of mature discussion. You are free to disgree, but there is no call for insulting me. Keep it mature and respectful.

Personal attack? Son, please.. A little sarcasm does not a personal attack make...

I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #6657744 02/01/17 11:33 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Victor,

Your entire position has boiled down to your assertion of these two statements:
1) "He is taking away my rights because I CHOSE to go there after he warned me of his rules."
2) "His private business is actually not private property - it is public property."

I vehemently and categorically disagree with both of those assertions, which I have heard from the Libs for 40 years.

In reading the constitution and many articles and writings of the authors, from the Federalist Papers on down - I do not recall any stipulated difference between "types" of a man's property. Whether it is his farm or his store, it is his private property. Who pays the taxes and is responsible for it's success or failure? The public? The government?

Making your privately owned property accessible to the public, specifically does not give them "Carte Blanche" access. It is only a conditional agreement. Ever see a sign that says something like "We retain the right to refuse service....."

THAT concept goes back to the founding of our nation because that is what the founding fathers were trying achieve. Control of ones own property - of any type - by force if necessary.

Marc

Last edited by Marc in Bastrop; 02/01/17 11:36 PM.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: Marc K] #6657761 02/01/17 11:49 PM
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Marc in Bastrop
Victor,

Your entire position has boiled down to your assertion of these two statements:
1) "He is taking away my rights because I CHOSE to go there after he warned me of his rules."
2) "His private business is actually not private property - it is public property."

I vehemently and categorically disagree with both of those assertions, which I have heard from the Libs for 40 years.

In reading the constitution and many articles and writings of the authors, from the Federalist Papers on down - I do not recall any stipulated difference between "types" of a man's property. Whether it is his farm or his store, it is his private property. Who pays the taxes and is responsible for it's success or failure? The public? The government?

Making your privately owned property accessible to the public, specifically does not give them "Carte Blanche" access. It is only a conditional agreement. Ever see a sign that says something like "We retain the right to refuse service....."

THAT concept goes back to the founding of our nation because that is what the founding fathers were trying achieve. Control of ones own property - of any type - by force if necessary.

Marc

Spot on!

Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: T Bone] #6658220 02/02/17 06:01 AM
J
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
Personal attack? Son, please.. A little sarcasm does not a personal attack make...

grin I rest my case.

Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: Paluxy] #6658236 02/02/17 07:16 AM
J
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
J
To all of you who are arguing in favor of property owner rights.

Guys, I hear what you are saying and I wish that what you are saying was actually the way things are, but they are not. I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you. When people come to the realization that what the believe to be true, is false, it is like squeezing the puss out of an infected wound. It is good for healing, but very painful. I just want you to know that what I am about to say is not intended to demean or insult you in any way. I am simply revealing to you a reality, that you may be unaware of.

In very much the same manner of the story of the "Kings New Clothes", you have all been decieved into believing an illusion based on the Consensus of the Majority of Popular Opinion. I will admit here that to undo this deception, in some case proves to be an impossible task. I doubt very seriously that no matter how well I present the evidence, you will view me with the same regard as the boy who shouted "The King Has No Clothes!". But never the less, I will try.

The whole foundation of all of ya'lls arguments against me is based on two principals.

1. Property ownership.
2. The right to choose how to use your property.

Because you believe that both of these things a real and that you actually possess them, is reason that you can't understand what I am saying.

The truth is, that you posses neither the right to own property nor the right to choose how to use it. You never have had either of these rights.

This is a "King has no clothes" moment for you and I realize that your first reaction to what I just said is to laugh and think I am crazy. But I beg you to tarry with me just a little longer.

I could present you with long drawn out explanations to prove to you that what I said was true, but as they say in science, "One good experiment is worth more then ten thousand pounds of theory.

So here is an experiment that you can try to see if I am telling the truth about you not having the right to own property.

"Don't pay your property tax and see who actually owns the property you think is yours"

I know it a hard truth to swallow, but in the State of Texas, you do not have the right to own property. The State owns all the property and you are just leasing the privilege to use it from them. They charge you an annual leasing fee for the privilege of using it and if you refuse to pay, they will take it away from you and lease it to someone who will. In Texas we are essentially living on the lord's land (land lord) like they did in old England, but in our case the land lord is the State of Texas.

Now once you come to grasp with that reality, this next point will make a lot more sense to you. Because the State actually owns the land we think is ours, the State also gets to decide how we can use the land we have use of.

You see, all along you guys have all maintained that you have the right of choice of how you get to use your so called "Private Property". Everytime you espoused this supposed right you think have, you were completely ignoring the facts that you all know to be true. You do not have the choice of how to use your land, whether it's your home or your business. You know in your heart that you live under a mountain of rules and restrictions imposed on you by the State as to how you can use the land you have access to. You know I am telling the truth here.

If you live in the city, can you park your car on your lawn? Have you ever got a notice or a fine for weeds or grass being to tall in you yard or ally? Can you build a carport over your drivway without a permit?

I could name ten thousand more things the government (State or City) tells you that you CANNOT do on this land that you think you own.

Why is it that they have so much control and say so over what you can do on "Your own Private Property".

It is because "THEY OWN IT". That is why they can tell you what you can and cannot do on it.

You see guys, you have no rights of anything on the Government's property that you have use of. What you have is "Privileges" that State grants you at their pleasure, and can take away or modify at the leisure. You are leasing the land from them and you only have what privileges they grant you.

The bases of all of ya'lls arguments against me is based on Property Ownership and the RIGHT to choose, neither of which are true.

I know you are going to reject everything I said and try to provide some far out arguments to prove you have the right to own land and choice of how to use. My response to you will be one and the same.

Don't pay your property tax and break all the landlord's rules and you find out real quick who really owns the land you think is yours

Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #6658295 02/02/17 12:56 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

THEN STOP DOING IT!! It really hurts... roflmao

Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #6658315 02/02/17 01:15 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M

Note that you advocate a law that simply compounds the problem that you just railed against. Do you not see the irony?

You continue to talk down, as though you think that you are teaching me something I hadn't already figured out 45 years ago. I'm done with this one.

Marc

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Proposal for new Gun Free Zone law. Let's do this! [Re: Jungleexplorer] #6658326 02/02/17 01:26 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I'm checking out on this as well but I enjoyed the manifesto JE..

** The above comment is in no way, shape or form intended to be, or misunderstood as, a personal attack **

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide