Forums46
Topics537,996
Posts9,731,578
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: budward] #6660763 02/03/17 11:38 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: budward
I have a neat hint to tell you. You don't have to use a semi-auto for pigs.

May not have to, but it sure is a helluva lot of fun when you get to really exercise one.

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: CharlieCTx] #6660855 02/04/17 12:58 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: CharlieCTx

May not have to, but it sure is a helluva lot of fun when you get to really exercise one.

Amen to that!

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6665896 02/08/17 12:56 AM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
... All this constructive crticisim is exactly the points I've been making since you decided to start your "side job"

... And I'm the @sshole?

Seems to me that this thread Kings you as the Man with the Toughest Skin on these forums so please don't play the Victim anymore as I share my constructive criticism - especially when you keep posting "Tell me what you think"!

Last edited by Pig_Popper; 02/08/17 12:59 AM.

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Pig_Popper] #6666460 02/08/17 02:22 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper
... All this constructive crticisim is exactly the points I've been making since you decided to start your "side job"

... And I'm the @sshole?

Seems to me that this thread Kings you as the Man with the Toughest Skin on these forums so please don't play the Victim anymore as I share my constructive criticism - especially when you keep posting "Tell me what you think"!

There is a difference in giving constructive criticism and someone being the @sshole.

Just saying. up

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6666525 02/08/17 03:09 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Not watching. There is nothing good for hunting coming of junk like this.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6666553 02/08/17 03:23 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie

... And I'm the @sshole?

There is a difference in giving constructive criticism and someone being the @sshole.

Just saying. up

Yes well it's all true , I do hope you listen to all the advice - and someday you'll realize that it wasn't personal (never met you) when I make comments it was just me being brutally honest.

Maybe that day will come when I start liking your videos...

Either way until then I think it'd be nice if you'd alert us on which County you'll be hunting in as I don't want to be anywhere near the Spray-n-Pray festival.

Whoops there I go again - just being honest.

up up up up up up up

Last edited by Pig_Popper; 02/08/17 03:24 PM.
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Pig_Popper] #6666568 02/08/17 03:33 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Either way until then I think it'd be nice if you'd alert us on which County you'll be hunting in as I don't want to be anywhere near the Spray-n-Pray festival.

Whoops there I go again - just being honest.

up up up up up up up

Haha That was one video; the hog was injured and with him running I needed to put him down and did not want him to die slowly somewhere.. And it worked.

But I get where you are coming from sir.

I hunt in every county so maybe you should just stay in... hehe

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6666590 02/08/17 03:53 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
I don't see much wrong with any of the shots to be honest... for the pigs and yotes put a bullet in them don't care how... for the deer iv taken that same shot.. (not the neck)...I don't like those... but to all fairness you hit both lungs for sure... and the guts... and the liver... and about everything else in there other than heart.. fine shot by me iv seen them go further with a clean double lung..... I thought this one was much better than the last to be honest.. seemed more laid back... but PLEASE settle that camera lol was hurting my head trying to watch it at some parts. Solid B+

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Navasot] #6666666 02/08/17 04:36 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Navasot
I don't see much wrong with any of the shots to be honest... for the pigs and yotes put a bullet in them don't care how... for the deer iv taken that same shot.. (not the neck)...I don't like those... but to all fairness you hit both lungs for sure... and the guts... and the liver... and about everything else in there other than heart.. fine shot by me iv seen them go further with a clean double lung..... I thought this one was much better than the last to be honest.. seemed more laid back... but PLEASE settle that camera lol was hurting my head trying to watch it at some parts. Solid B+

Which parts were hard to watch with the camera? But Luckily I did not hit the guts, she was quartered away a little more than I would have liked and I slightly pulled left and hit in the middle of the shoulder instead of just to the left of the shoulder where I wanted to.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6666675 02/08/17 04:39 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

Which parts were hard to watch with the camera? But Luckily I did not hit the guts, she was quartered away a little more than I would have liked and I slightly pulled left and hit in the middle of the shoulder instead of just to the left of the shoulder where I wanted to.

Mainly looked like while sitting in the blind... seemed like the camera never got settled.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Navasot] #6666681 02/08/17 04:43 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

Mainly looked like while sitting in the blind... seemed like the camera never got settled.

Good info. Thanks On my hunt the weekend of the 18th I will make sure to watch that.

Going for a cull whitetail buck, two does, and two javelinas and maybe a cow elk if they show up... Should make for a good episode. We are now on Roku too

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6666821 02/08/17 06:35 PM
P
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Hey JT -

I'll make you a deal, I won't ever post in a thread of yours again or comment on a video you post and in exchange you do the same for me.

We can post in others threads but if we're opposed in views - we just agree to disagree - no back and forth.

Sound good?

cheers

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Pig_Popper] #6667010 02/08/17 08:32 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Hey JT -

I'll make you a deal, I won't ever post in a thread of yours again or comment on a video you post and in exchange you do the same for me.

We can post in others threads but if we're opposed in views - we just agree to disagree - no back and forth.

Sound good?

cheers

I'm just giving you crap man you cna post all you want on mine. I don't mine really.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: budward] #6673837 02/14/17 02:19 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
I have a hint for you. You don't have to use a bolt action for deer hunting ARs work great too.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6674299 02/14/17 02:30 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
jtprocaddie, how is the investment of your sponsors working out for them? Have they seen increased business because of your videos? Just curious.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6674566 02/14/17 06:39 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
JT, post the next one so we can maybe have new material to work with.LOL

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6674963 02/15/17 12:16 AM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
If you want my opinion of what a hunting video should be, look up Blaser's South Africa video. I realize that's probably nowhere within your grasp, but it gives you an idea. The music, the camera work, the hunting, editing. It's the whole package, and it's perfectly done. Go watch it, and pay attention.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6675379 02/15/17 12:48 PM
A
Age N Score ? Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
hammer Good reading. I seldom watch videos on hunting anymore, but no matter the quality of your effort the comments are worth the time. I commend you for tossing it up for comments and taking it like a man! up
I'm waiting on a video with a GoPro showing a hog snare and a hog. But hunting for me is personal as it's my time in the outdoors to reflect, relax, and share with whoever is with me. Since I've retired the more I'm sitting in the woods the more I think about past hunts. However in the end it's all about the time I spend making sausage and putting it in the smokehouse. That's how I share my hunts with most folks, as they really enjoy the sausage links and don't really care about the process. bolt

I Feed Indian Corn. The deer love it and all the colors make them stay at the feeder longer.
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6676028 02/15/17 08:44 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Why does everyone who makes a video want to call their self prostaff? Someone sending you a sticker doesn't make you their prostaff roflmao

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: Sneaky] #6676633 02/16/17 11:46 AM
K
Kingsview Safaris Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
If you want my opinion of what a hunting video should be, look up Blaser's South Africa video. I realize that's probably nowhere within your grasp, but it gives you an idea. The music, the camera work, the hunting, editing. It's the whole package, and it's perfectly done. Go watch it, and pay attention.

That Blaser video is a fantastic piece of film. A full production video with some very expensive equipment. Really enjoy that video. There is also a dark little secret behind that video wink

To the gentleman making the video on this thread. Wish you all the best with future projects. If you enjoy it and have a passion for it, give it horns! Thanks for taking the time to post.

Last edited by Kingsview Safaris; 02/16/17 11:47 AM.

Jono and Justine McHugh
Eastern Cape, South Africa
www.kingsviewsafaris.co.za
Listen to our Podcast: Round The Fire With Kingsview Safaris
Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6676713 02/16/17 01:47 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I, too, commend your thick skin.

IMO you need it if you're going to put that out there and ask for opinions and comments.

The whole thing looks like amateur hour with bloodthirsty rookies (complete with the unnecessary tacticool stuff) who just want to go out and kill a bunch of animals just for the thrill of it.

But I admit I feel that way about most hunting videos put out these days.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6677311 02/16/17 08:11 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I'd watch the below and take notes. Drastically more seasoned, responsible, knowledgeable and overall likable hunters. And using an AR, but probably practiced a lot more before taking it to the field.

Watch and Learn

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: cameron00] #6677469 02/16/17 10:09 PM
S
spro Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: cameron00
I'd watch the below and take notes. Drastically more seasoned, responsible, knowledgeable and overall likable hunters. And using an AR, but probably practiced a lot more before taking it to the field.

Watch and Learn

One of my favorites!

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6678036 02/17/17 11:36 AM
S
sbushee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
If you carry extra rounds on the stock for hogs, why not just carry an extra magazine? Those rounds on the stock of your AR make you look ridiculous. I'll admit that you're enthusiastic but that's about it. Why wear camo when you sit in a box blind?

Re: another video for you to rip me apart again... haha [Re: TXGH] #6678946 02/18/17 12:38 AM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
I read several times in this thread that a head shot is either a clean kill or a miss, that is not true, there are parts of the head on a rabbit, deer, hog... that do not result in a dead right there critter, same with neck shots.

I have never videoed a hunt and after 45 years of deer hunting I doubt I will. If that is your thing do it and share but please take the good advice that has been given. There are many out there that do not believe we should be hunting or killing anything, keep that in mind when recording, editing and displaying the hunts.

As far as choice of weapon used I hunt deer and hogs with Recurve, compound, crossbow, handgun revolver and semi-auto and TC Contenders. Rifles Single shots, bolt actions and semi-autos M1A and AR15. Not going to get onto someone that uses something different as long as it is legal and the person is proficient with the chosen equipment.

Good luck on the next hunt and keep in mind this thread when filming it.

I like some of this guys videos, no music, no talking and says what needs to be said with the Videos and subtitles. He mostly hunts Roe deer in Europe and is from Norway. He uses 2 cameras on tripods one for close up and one with 50X optical zoom for the long range shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w6t2WNUmZU&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jGmzk60Go

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide